Author Topic: "BB"ig hard point headache.  (Read 549 times)

Offline Alex1989

• Cookies: 0
"BB"ig hard point headache.
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »
I have a little trouble with hardpoint placement, specifically the phasers is there a much easier way to precisely place the phasers, the Yamato TMP BB has ALOT of phasers (4 per bank  :banghead:). is there a way to determine the cursor position on the model on all 3 axis? and just copy the position on the spaces for placement, also how do I scale up the ship without f--king up the HP's. I am new to HP, I only know how to change phaser values and torpedoes but that's it, I am not looking for anyone to hp the ship for me but if you offer to do it, be my guest, You will be credited. this ship is very special to me, It will be my first uploaded mod. :help:

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: "BB"ig hard point headache.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
... is there a way to determine the cursor position on the model on all 3 axis? and just copy the position on the spaces for placement
Take a look at the "modelpropertyeditor.html" file in the BCSDK again, especial the section about "Moving around the editor".
The "locate tool" is pretty much what you are looking for.

also how do I scale up the ship without f--king up the HP's.
Sadly, that is not possible ( or at least i'm not aware of how to do it). AFAIK you can scale the model somehow using NifScope.
Also, make sure the the MPE is set to the right model scale (0.01).

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
At some point I had it ported and HPed for BC, it was ready but I lost most of my projects back in 2008/09 due to HD crash... It was pain in the neck to hardpoint every single phaser on it ... and AFAIK it was impossible :P because Yamato (I think there's only one available from SFC3 to port and you've got the same one) had roughly over 20 phaser banks on both sides of the saucer (each bank has typical for TMP time period 2 phaser emmiters), additionaly there's about 10 phaser banks on the rest of the ship which gives you about 50+ phaser emmiters ... now here's the trick, BC will only allow you to have 41/42 weapons placements in hardpoint (correct me if I'm wrong about the number but I'm pretty sure it's around 41 then the game goes BOOM ! crash to desktop)

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:04:39 PM »
Take a look at the "modelpropertyeditor.html" file in the BCSDK again, especial the section about "Moving around the editor".
The "locate tool" is pretty much what you are looking for.
Sadly, that is not possible ( or at least i'm not aware of how to do it). AFAIK you can scale the model somehow using NifScope.
Also, make sure the the MPE is set to the right model scale (0.01).

*reads "modelpropertyeditor.html"*

"Locate tool - will store the coordinates of the point you click on, in the bottom part of the toolbar. This is useful for editing systems, so you can specify where they are attached easily. This also stores the normal of the point."

*stares and reads the sentence over*

:picardfacepalm: I am an ass. . .  

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
Thank you Krrks, now I can HP ALOT faster. maybe I won't scale the ship, (Big enough as it is).

Bones: I have the same ship, but I am using the Jupiter HP as a template (Jupiter - Yamato look-alike, kitbash of refit excelsior with 2 engineering hulls and 4 nacelles.) I do not know how many phasers the Jupiter has, but I will check that out, this might be a setback.

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »
New problem, there are not enough dorsal phaser to fit on all the banks there are 12 emitters, and only ten phasers named dorsal, how do I rename hardpoints? I plan to move and reassign ventral weapons to dorsal, I mave have to get rid of 2 out of 4 mega phasers. . . :help:

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
I know other people here can get a better answer but--- you can duplicate weapons on your ship (by copying an existing weapon property and renaming it).

I don't have MPE in front of me at the moment to give you the exact name, but it is located at the top of the menu and lists off all of your systems in a 2 column format. It should give you the option to copy/paste/rename systems.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
I know other people here can get a better answer but--- you can duplicate weapons on your ship (by copying an existing weapon property and renaming it).
click on word 'Property" then Templates.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?