Author Topic: Well This Sucks...  (Read 894 times)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Well This Sucks...
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »
So I ordered a new copy of BC from a seller on Amazon and it was supposed to get here  2 weeks ago. I sent a message to the seller and did  not get any response form them. The place says it's called Dahfee Books, so at first I assumed its a private book store and my order had been missed (Probably by the owner who has a computer but can't use it), but then I used Google Maps to see if I could find the store (and possibly phone number) and they have 0 Dahfee Books on record. I sent one more message threatening to file a claim for fraud, and I am waiting on a response.
So, the point is... Where can I get a copy? (lightly used is best)
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Re: Well This Sucks...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
No... I used my Visa through Amazon. Hindsight I should have used my Pay Pal but like they always say... 20/20...
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
Don't feel bad...I ordered through Amazon and got something that was instantly weird.  It said it was the EU or PAL version and the colors on the label seemed blue tinted.  So, I put it in my CD drive, ready to hop back into Bridge Commander after months of not playing.  Double clicked my .exe, went to Quick Battles...and the game says to insert the disk.  Baffled, I exit the program and double clicked on the CD itself.  Turns out that what I have is Bridge Commander Maximum Warp, which, to my understanding, is a BOOTLEG COPY.  It also happens to have mods on it, but dammit.  Needless to say, I contacted Amazon and got my money back.  Still haven't tried to track down another one, and if I do, I'm going to eBay.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
yep i think i went to ebay for my brothers one... not that the little git plays it ever... maybe i can persuade him to give it back to me and then i could send it to a better home.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
I remember that maximum warp edition, we've been talking about it few years ago here, the guy who sells it is a fraud, he put almost identical label to original on dvd and stuffs mods to the game, what's worst he asks money for mods created by modders who put disclaimer in readmes that these mods are never to be charged money for as they are non profit creations... good to know he's still getting money for 'our' work (our = modders) ...

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »
He didn't get MY money, I got a full refund and he never sent me an address to return it to, so the joke's on him?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
What a prick :D he's not the brightest fraud afterall, I guess :P

I got myself 'new' copy of BC for few PLN, it's not in it's best condition (cd is really worn out but still works fine and the box was replaced with random box :P

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
Better make an image of it rightaway.
I lost my original Armada1 cd to some bad scratches. At first it was just some cutscene acting strange, then nothing worked anymore...
Stupid old cd-drive! *grumble grumble

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 01:52:26 PM »
I already did that, don't wanna loose this one like previous

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »
That reminds me, I'd better image my disk as well.  It works fine for now, but for how much longer? xD
I miss :bigdance: