Author Topic: A thought...  (Read 636 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
A thought...
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
I just had a thought for a story, perhaps a series, after watching an episode of voyager ("drone" I believe, the one where the 29th century drone ends up on voyager).
It came into my head after watching the scene where "one" beams on to the sphere to stop it taking out voyager.  

A highly advanced drone beams onto a sphere.  The collective announces that their technological distinctiveness will be added to their own.  
He replies; ?Nope.  YOUR technological distinctiveness will be added to MY own.? He then takes over the sphere with the intention of liberating those aboard, founding the colony of liberated borg that spawned him several hundred years later.  (Yes, time travel.)
He is not the usual ?seven of nine? type drone.  He behaves in a strange way for a drone, with his actions peppered with wisecracks and Chris Pine/Kirkesque illogic as well as the more typical cold ruthless logic of a drone.  

Thoughts?

EDIT
Btw, I put it here, being unsure as to where I should put it.  I've had a couple of other ideas over time that I might end up posting.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: A thought...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »
The obvious issue (ba-dum-tss) is that One wasn't from the future - he was made with future tech.  No time paradoxical stuff going on here.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:08:45 PM »
The obvious issue (ba-dum-tss) is that One wasn't from the future - he was made with future tech.  No time paradoxical stuff going on here.

I wasn't talking about One, his episode was merely the catalyst that caused this thought to pop in my head.  Also, One died in that ep so I wouldn't be able to use him full stop!

So, its a non-issue.  Obviously.  "ba-dum-tss" :D
I miss :bigdance:

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
Ah.  The wording of the post was unclear.  An obvious mistake.