Author Topic: Star Trek: Renegades - finally, an official trailer!  (Read 476 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Star Trek: Renegades - finally, an official trailer!
« on: April 10, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »
Star Trek: Renegades - finally, an official trailer!

My thoughts:

The CGI and ships look good
The Starfleet uniforms are hideous.
They tightened up the editing in post-production, which I figured they would, versus what we've seen to date
Great Trek alumni in this: Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo and Richard Herd
A quick snippet of dialogue explains how Chekov is still around
Icheb has gotten bad-ass in his 30's!
Some other good sci-fi folks, both from TV, movies, and now indie projects on the web, including Corin Nemic, Grant Imahara, Vic Mignogna, Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Edward Furlong, and Kevin Fry.
Some of the alien make up is so-so, but I can deal with that the same way I've dealt with it in all other Trek shows I've ever watched.
In regards to Admiral Paris, this veers away from his character's storyline in the novels, especially recent novels the the TNG era...
Yes it's "dark" and I know some are sick of that, but at least there's a plot point to the darkness in this one, as opposed to the reboot films that are just dark for darkness sake.
Overall, I'm still excited for this, just for the fun of it.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Star Trek: Renegades - finally, an official trailer!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »
that project looks great but I'm not a big fan of the ship
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Star Trek: Renegades - finally, an official trailer!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »
yeah im not sure if im too keen on the ship either...  maybe if i saw more of it, more of it in battle...
would love to see the bridge tho!