Author Topic: Interesting article about the USS Odyssey bridge in DS9: The Jem'Hadar  (Read 614 times)

Offline yochenhsieh

• Cookies: 2
    • SFC3: Rebalance Expansion
From ex-astris-scientia, this article tries to reconstruct the bridge of USS Odyssey seen in DS9: The Jem'Hadar.
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/odyssey-bridge.htm

The layout is a combination of Saratoga bridge and Galaxy bridge elements.  Just in case if any of you are interested.:)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Interesting article about the USS Odyssey bridge in DS9: The Jem'Hadar
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 01:29:12 AM »
Very cool looking bridge.  Respects what we saw onscreen while extrapolating a bit to fill in the blanks and it pulls together nicely.

I've always imagined that the Odyssey bridge we saw in "The Jem'Hadar" was actually the battle bridge.  Keogh knew going in that there was likely going to be a fight, since he ordered DS9's runabouts be fitted with extra photon torpedoes and offloaded non-essential personnel from his ship before leaving.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had separation in standby mode just incase.  The first officer that we saw is only a lieutenant commander - a bit low ranking for an executive officer position on a Galaxy-class ship with over 1000 people on board.  He very well could have been the Odyssey's second officer, with the first officer (a full commander) commanding the main bridge incase separation was ordered.

Just my crazy theory.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »
now that is really cool!!

i have always wondered about that bridge and always wished we could have seen much more of it - good find!  :)

BC needs one dammit!  lol

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
oooh that's sweet. Yeah I thought it was the battle bridge as well.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.