Author Topic: King's Crossfield and other mods.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
King's Crossfield and other mods.
« on: January 31, 2019, 04:57:38 PM »
for the hell of it, I'm texturing up a crossfield model that flowrellik sent me to check on because it wouldn't damage correctly.  the model itself is beautifully done with high detail.  however, I'd like a bit of help with this, texturewise.  whether or not this would be released is up to him.

Edit: thanks to DT for activating attachments
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: King's Crossfield
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »
Have you considered trying out Substance Painter or Substance Designer?
These are awesome texturing programs, in which you can apply your textures (and maps) on your model directly. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »
only if it's compatible with the old format.  I'll have to look it up.

licence fees or a 30 day trial....  sorry, Fek, no spare money, here.  thanks for the suggestion, though.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:09:04 PM »
ive done textures... my help is availiable
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 01:49:09 AM »
Tbh I don't mind if you release it bro so long as you give credit to the original designer (Gimmie props bro XD)

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:13 AM »
well, DUH.  everybody gets props.  besides, I got a special new credits sequence a-la prime series openers I'm gonna introduce with these.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 04:46:30 PM »
this one's a secondary project I'm working on as well.  getting plenty of practice in, and I THINK I finally got the hang of proper texturing...now, if only I could figure out how to do registry spots with PaintShop...
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 07:22:42 AM »
more progress on the NX refit.  I'll be starting back up on the Crossfield as well.

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 06:40:06 AM »
more minor work on the NX refit.  the torpedo launch body is done

and back to the TOS Crossfield.  as Bob Ross said "happy little accidents"

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 07:33:35 PM »
Nice work, good to see a HQ Crossfield.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 06:11:09 AM »
it should be...I'm working in 2048's :dance
yes, the "dance" smiley DOES work.  I spotted it in working shape while reviewing one of Unknown's old threads

flow's got a couple of his own in the works as well.  we seem to be cribbing notes offa each other. there might be a fleet worth by the time we're done  :D he also mentioned a TMP grade at some point...looks like I'm gonna be busy.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
Re: King's Crossfield and other mods.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
I've recently discovered a TMP Aztec hiding in my files, both in linear and saucer form, courtesy of Baz.  therefore, the crossfield will receive a TMP variant as well.  I'll need another name and reg number ideas.  this may receive a multi-name pack for both TOS and TMP variants if people are generous with names.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 10:45:28 PM »
USS Explorer
USS Eureka
USS Adventure
USS Breakthrough
USS Determination
USS Revelation
USS Disclosure

Thank God for online dictionaries  :P

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 06:38:16 AM »
selected...and cookied.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »
Crossfield's been cross, lately (it's crashed the art program twice!), so I let off and worked some more on the NX refit

Upper: saucer aztec, registry, and deco lines are on
Lower: mostly completed bottom saucer and the under sensor dome.  not shown is the "spot" caps on the ends of the bars, which are being repurposed.

the underside of the saucer's still rather plain, so any deco suggestions would be appreciated.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline hobbs

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
wow looking good Kingclass! keep up the great work!
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 06:16:34 PM »
wait, it gets better  :D

I managed to get some free time over the holiday weekend.  Marconi finally got an update.

1. the nacelles are finally complete aside from a bit of texture on the paint

2. the upper saucer is complete with grid and registry (in the proper font)

the bridge ball is in progress.

as for the NX?  it's down to the e-hull and neck paneling, and throwing on windows

3. the pylons are complete

4. as is the bridge module

5. and the saucer rim (now that was a b**** to get the lines to line up!)

the fun part is gonna be those bleeping windows :P

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline hobbs

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 04:12:06 AM »
nice very nice indeed :Metal:

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 05:57:25 AM »
I dunno when I'm gonna be able to get to these, again.  Spring chores are in full swing, all the mowers are fully put back together, and my second job is about to kick over.  watch this space for further developments...including a potential reskin for the Hammer Class; I just got a couple of ideas.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 04:12:52 PM »
*pokes own thread awake*
helping with two newer mods prodded me to put a little time back into the Marconi  quite a bit of the neck got done, the top of the bridge ball is finally complete, and some bits have been added to the secondary hull

meanwhile, the repair and retexture of Concours is FINALLY complete after all these years.  she looks good in-game.  once some phaser alignment is completed...she's ready for Beta.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read