Author Topic: I'm still here...  (Read 913 times)

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
I'm still here...
« on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:40 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and say hello, I'm still working on a few designs, thought I would post some pics next week.

Drop me a PM to say hi if you want. Good to see you all.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: I'm still here...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 07:54:56 AM »
Welcome back. I'm looking forward to see what you're working on. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:28:14 PM »
and the only one that still has their hosted avatar and sig pic :P

at least three of us are still at it, AND I have a mod thread up  :D
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 12:29:06 AM »
Good to see you guys, I should post some pics early next week.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:59:26 AM »
and before I forget again, one of the few mods I managed to get out has your design credits on the body, the D'Xorac was available in the empties, so I cleaned her up a bit and hardpointed her.  it was my most popular mod :P

I look forward to seeing anything you have in the pipeline.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 10:44:02 AM »
heya Raven!!
believe it or not, I'm still here also lol :)

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
  • Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 03:24:52 AM »
I am also here occasionally. lol.
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 11:23:40 PM »
heya Raven!!
believe it or not, I'm still here also lol :)

Hey Jimmy, good to see you.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »
and before I forget again, one of the few mods I managed to get out has your design credits on the body, the D'Xorac was available in the empties, so I cleaned her up a bit and hardpointed her.  it was my most popular mod :P

I look forward to seeing anything you have in the pipeline.

Great to hear, Id love to see your take on the Dxorac...can you direct me to some pics?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
unfortunately, she went in The Great Purge along with all the post 2003 mods when nexus dumped the whole lot in the gentleman's agreement with the revived gamefront.  completed model and the blank, both.  there's only two places she's located, the Dropbox for BC, here, and my personal archives.  she was my most popular DL at I believe over 200.  the pics themselves had gone pretty much in the 14 GoDaddy purchase of the site, anyway.

the best I could provide would be some screencaps from nifskope if I don't have the screencaps I got for the mod package.

I made some very minor corrections and cleanups, including brightening of the wing spots, adding some low res empire badges, and adjusting the hull colors somewhat.  the model itself was pretty complicated, so I didn't touch the main textures more than a cleanup and I believe redoing the neck braces.  i gave it a good hardpoint and an inevitable-for-me "gag" torpedo; you can shoot down feddies with bottles of Romulan Ale

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 11:57:28 PM »
Oh man this is SWEET!
Maybe BC might make a comeback afterall :D

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 01:16:29 AM »
Hey Jimmy, good to see you.
cheers, man!
i miss BCU!!!!
you were the one that gave me the first appointment as staff rank of moderator, my very first position in BCU days, in BC's prime days back in 2003 i think? lol
same avatar of my cat i have always had since then...   :sam:
ever since then, the taste of power meant i was a fierce bitch moderator keeping noobs in check properly then (much more relaxed nowadays lol)  but the forums ran with dignity and respect :)
holy shit, that was like 15 years ago...  i am over 40 now, i was mid-20s then!  ugh
Trimblaster and Nebula (spamula) are still around and my vice admins here a good handful of us actually are still around from those days...

those were awesome times, every time logging in having like 3 pages of latest threads to catch up with, by the time those rounds were done, you had a dozen new ones, you could never leave! lol

Spam Forum, all of it - that was a very special time and so alive, easily a few hundred people all at once :)

I'll be here forever  :drink2: :drink3: :drink:

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »
God I miss BCU so much.  I was like 13-15 when it was going?  I'm 30 now.  It was an amazing community.

Good to see you here Raven.  Always great to see BC elders coming in and saying hello.