Author Topic: VonFrank's Bridge Commander Remastered Project: RELEASE  (Read 8501 times)

Elijah

Re: VonFrank's Bridge Commander Remastered Project: RELEASE
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
Hi vonfrank,

Thanks for the good work on this mod! With v09-14 of the game CTDs as soon as the Sovereign comes into play (E3M1). Have a look at the exception attached. The mission kinda loads but not inside starbase 12, and the mission breaks because of it. Hope this is of any help.

Regards,

Easy

Looks like a UI element is breaking due to the resolution you are running, I think a work around for now would be to play at one of the games default 4:3 resolutions for this section unless the issue keeps popping up.

Offline Brian419

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2021, 11:11:14 PM »
I'm just getting back into Bridge Commander after a very long break and decided to check out this mod. Great work, but is there a way to fly a different ship in the campaign?

Elijah

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »
I'm just getting back into Bridge Commander after a very long break and decided to check out this mod. Great work, but is there a way to fly a different ship in the campaign?

a quick and easy way to do this would be to swap out the model and hard point files of the galaxy or sovereign to whatever ship you wanted to fly around as. This could cause potential issues if the new ship did not have some of the hard points required by some missions (shuttle bay, probe launcher, ect.)

Offline tmny1

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2021, 01:19:38 AM »
Is there any ETA on the newest release? 2021 at least?

This mod is simply marvelous

Elijah

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2021, 03:34:23 AM »

It depends on what you mean by newest release, the mod launched just a few weeks ago:

https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/star-trek-bridge-commander-remastered

I’m not aware of any future releases VonFrank is planning.

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2021, 11:54:51 PM »

I released a patch for it recently, and I still want to enhance it additionally in the future.

For now, the mod is being held back by limitations of BC's old game engine. Until some of those limitations are overcome, it might be a while until the next version is released.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2021, 03:09:39 PM »
I released a patch for it recently
I will get that up onto BCFiles this weekend... Just have a very busy next couple days..

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
Hey, I just realized that some of the background nebula's look like they came from my and Killallewoks background pack. If that's the case then I'm glad you're using them!

Cheers