Author Topic: Targ's Tholian Spinner-class Patrol Corvette (non-remastered)  (Read 841 times)

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Targ's Tholian Spinner-class Patrol Corvette (non-remastered)
« on: February 09, 2023, 07:50:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

a few years ago I started building a model of the non-remastered Tholian ship from the TOS episode "The Tholian Web" in Blender.
FASA's "Star Trek IV Sourcebook Update" called it the Spinner-class and TFG's/ADB's "Star Fleet Battles" designated it as a Patrol Corvette so I took both.

I never managed to export it to the NIF-format used by BC.
Thankfully, Flowrellik/CasvalRel was kind enough to do that for me.

And she's working properly in-game:

And I'm looking for beta testers.
Any volunteers?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline starfox1701

• Cookies: 13
Re: Targ's Tholian Spinner-class Patrol Corvette (non-remastered)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 10:52:30 PM »
Very nicely done

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:52:03 PM »
Very nicely done

Thank you.
Do you think you may have some time for testing?

I'm especially looking for feedback and ideas regarding power balancing as the warp core currently powers everything.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline starfox1701

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 02:38:03 PM »
Its not a question of time, my computer is gimped with a damaged motherboard where the b channels for the Ram has all failed and it crashes at random intervals and since I'm currently meded out of work with heart failure I haven't had the money for a new board and because of that I have been unwilling to commit to any projects that depend on the PC which sucks because I missed out on a couple of Venom Geek media projects and I'm currently behind on delivering Romulan Eagle and Hawk series ships for and Armada 2 TC based on SFB ships and SFC gameplay elements.

If your treating it as a TOS era corvette then my best advice is pick a Constitution mod to balance it against and then compare the FASA and SFC OP4.1 ship edit specs for both that Constitution and the Tholian and it should give you the math you need pretty quick.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 08:42:41 AM »
Its not a question of time, my computer is gimped with a damaged motherboard where the b channels for the Ram has all failed and it crashes at random intervals and since I'm currently meded out of work with heart failure I haven't had the money for a new board and because of that I have been unwilling to commit to any projects that depend on the PC which sucks because I missed out on a couple of Venom Geek media projects and I'm currently behind on delivering Romulan Eagle and Hawk series ships for and Armada 2 TC based on SFB ships and SFC gameplay elements.

If your treating it as a TOS era corvette then my best advice is pick a Constitution mod to balance it against and then compare the FASA and SFC OP4.1 ship edit specs for both that Constitution and the Tholian and it should give you the math you need pretty quick.

I see.
I hope you'll be able to repair your PC.

Thanks.
Yes, I did use WileyCoyote's TOS Enterprise to balance and scale my Tholian ship against.
I am also using the SSD of the Tholian Patrol Corvette found in the Captain's Edition Basic Set of Star Fleet Battles.

I am also using Kenjar's Core Balance tool.
https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/kenjar-s-core-balance-tool

But I am doing something wrong.
Either the warp core section on the power bar in Brex' menu covers the bar entirely and there's not enough power to set everything on 100% or only the warp core and main battery sections are visible but not the backup one.

These are the power requirements for each system in normal power/second:

Impulse Engines: 100
Sensor Array: 100
Shield Generator: 100
Repair: 1
Pulse Weapon: 200
Warp Engines: 100
Dummy Torpedo System: 0
Dummy Phaser System: 0 (will probably be removed)

The power output settings are in the screenshot below.

If I set either the main or backup conduit to half the value, the warp core section of the power bar covers everything.
If both a equal, only the warp core and main battery sections are visible.

Addendum:
I figured out what was going on:
The main battery must have a higher output than the warp core.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline starfox1701

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »
That's good to here look forward to a release. Any plans to do other SFB Tholians? I'm very partial to the Neo Tholian ships myself.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 04:03:14 PM »
That's good to here look forward to a release. Any plans to do other SFB Tholians? I'm very partial to the Neo Tholian ships myself.

No plans currently but why not?

Neo-Tholian ships with MVAM would be very interesting. :-)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline starfox1701

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 01:18:10 AM »
Yes it would and they have good TMP era levels of ability

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2023, 06:26:43 PM »
Ok, as no one volunteered for become testers, I've decided to do an open beta instead.

Anyone is welcome to give my Tholian ship a try.

Please report any issues to me so I can fix them.

Enjoy. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.