Author Topic: TREK XI - Images, Footage, Trailers, Enterprise, Discussion, etc. Thread (WARNING: SPOILERS)  (Read 99497 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Now now, folks, calm down, please.

You do realize it's JJ Abrams and most of the creative team from LOST and Alias doing this new Trek movie, yes?

Cool, now, apart from me not being able to stand LOST, I'm a big fan of Alias and quite Frankly, Abrams/Orci/Kurtzman have never let me down story-wise.

So, I'm just saying that it would be logical, that if the actor, playing Kirk's father is younger than the actor playing Kirk it will a) be a flashback-scene (very likely since it's not a film for trek-geeks like us) or it will involve some sort of time-travel (yawn).

LOST? yup, GET LOST.

I have never EVER seen lost, and so do not give a toss.

NEXT.

But Winona Ryder?  christ, has trek REALLY sunk to that level? first tricorders, then what? photon torpedoes? warp cores? D7's!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
hey all,
thought some of you might find these pics interesting,
They were taken by a sneaky photographer who stumbled across the location of an old abandoned warehouse/factory which is speculated to be Starfleet Headquarters or perhaps Starfleet Academy,
In certain pics you can see parts of the new uniforms, Rank insignia around the cuffs for instamce.
The costumes appear to be similar to TOS, just not as bright, You cant see much of them because the extra's in these photos are dressed in heavy foot long trench coats and hoods, to prevent people snapping pics like this dude did.
Anyway, enjoy..

http://www.jfxonline.com/jfxonline/2007/11/08/on-set-im-an-extra-jim-not-a-cult-member/#more-147

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
I was hopeing for better pics sorry  :lol:

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
if they're basing the film off the inmediate previous TOS time, the uniforms should be as in the pilot.
maybe with some pre-TOS uniforms here and there to show the transition, as they did in TNG/VOY

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
Check the TrekBBS.

What do you folks think?
Also, keep it civil, lint. :lol:

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
hmmmm, everything depends on the director and how the actors play the roles.
the plot seems ok for me. I'm giving it a li'l bit of credit, for now.
if they drop the plot again in favour of visual and effects, I'll start to consider moving into another Sci-fi genre.
(nah, just kidding)

Offline lint

keep it civil?  :lol:
i always keep it civil!, my rants are normally just long winded non-sense, i think there civil, non-civil to me is flaming and swearing and just being an insulting arse,  :lol:
Anyway,
From what i remember kirk really never did anything to really piss off the romulans or did anything to effect there progress that would have had a negative effect around 100-200 years into the future,
If anything the klingons would be the most likely to have a reason to take him out..
The whole time travel thing AGAIN, kind of boring, its been done in 2 Feature films already.
A movie set in the past that involves romulans from the future that travel into the past to for some reason kill kirk to benefit themselves in the future?, now THATS an original idea (sarcasm). plus, i recall more than just a similarity from that and the First Contact story line..
A romulan named "nero".. i dont think i have to comment on that,

If this is indeed what the movie turns out like, i will be extremely disapointed

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
one, more interesting thing would be:
going to the future (early TNG era, possibly around the Cardassian war era) to prevent the guy from being born, thus saving the past kirk.
how do we get to know we have to go to the future? well, maybe the Guardian can pop in on that. or some Oracle from some alien planet. there are many around there.
there, we can plan some crossovers with TNG plots, like affecting The Neutral Zone (the episode), merge some attempt of Q, dunno, things like that....

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
keep it civil?  :lol:
i always keep it civil!, my rants are normally just long winded non-sense, i think there civil, non-civil to me is flaming and swearing and just being an insulting arse,  :lol:
Anyway,
From what i remember kirk really never did anything to really piss off the romulans or did anything to effect there progress that would have had a negative effect around 100-200 years into the future,
If anything the klingons would be the most likely to have a reason to take him out..
The whole time travel thing AGAIN, kind of boring, its been done in 2 Feature films already.
A movie set in the past that involves romulans from the future that travel into the past to for some reason kill kirk to benefit themselves in the future?, now THATS an original idea (sarcasm). plus, i recall more than just a similarity from that and the First Contact story line..
A romulan named "nero".. i dont think i have to comment on that,

If this is indeed what the movie turns out like, i will be extremely disapointed

So, killing the Romulan commander in "Balance of Terror" wouldn't be considered "pissing them off" ? Suppose this "Nero" villain is a descendant, possibly son of the slain commander? Personally I think the plot sounds pretty good, and the usage of the Guardian allows the possibility of a "living" Kirk in the 24th century.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline lint

i said "from what i remember" for the exact reason in me not remembering such facts,  :lol:

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
Suppose this "Nero" villain is a descendant,
now THAT's good thinking. that's what I'd have used, but not just going in first plane and seeing him say "I'm his son". that would be crap.
maybe showing some sign or mark, a weapon, a house emblem, dunno,..... but that would the director's merit

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
check out TrekWeb for a good reliable plot spoiler.

I think JJ and crew will do a good job, based on what i've read.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
check out TrekWeb for a good reliable plot spoiler.

I think JJ and crew will do a good job, based on what i've read.

I hope so, I don't know how much more of a battering Trek can take!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
I don't think this is the actual plot.  I think it's disinformation.  The reason why I think this is because JJ Abrams said they wanted to bring in new fans that wouldn't require any previous knowledge of the show.  I think building an entire plot around the guradian of forever episode is far too specific.  I call BS on this.

Offline lint

i think you may be right,
they wanted to bring new life to trek,
If non-trek fans went too see a movie based on something around a TOS episode i think they would just be like "wtf?"

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
-The construction and launch of the original and FIRST Enterprise
D*mn right.

If there's mention of anything relating to 'ENTERPRISE', the entire movie is going into the realm of non-canon BS.  And since producers these days tend to be complete dolts (i.e., they're likely to try something stupid like that) I'm really not looking forward to this film.  :(

I won't see it until I hear just how much they messed up the canon by incorporating 'ENTERPRISE' BS.  If there's only, say, one line of dialogue that hints at it, then I'll probably forgive the writers for their blunder.  But if there are Akiraprise-styled ships flying around or something like that, forget about it.

Offline lint

well if the latest news, reported leaks and rumours i have been keeping a very close eye on are anything to go buy, this movie is gonna STINK.

I think ill go collect all the recent shit thats been rumoured and do a little update on here :)

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
well if the latest news, reported leaks and rumours i have been keeping a very close eye on are anything to go buy, this movie is gonna STINK.

I think ill go collect all the recent shit thats been rumoured and do a little update on here :)

The way you said this, you could rename this thread to something like 'The Septic Dump' :D

Now, someone might like J.J. Abram's work, Lost, Alias, etc.. I personally don't like those shows, but that's beside the point. What isn't, though, is that those shows are inherently different then Trek. If someone who did those shows gets his hands on Trek, the result might be something that looks more like a fancy music video/CSI episode hybrid then Trek. I hope I'm wrong here, but what I heard so far makes me more then a little skeptical about Trek XI.
Guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is not another nail in Star Trek's coffin..

RhVaurek

Despite my very real doubts about Trek XI I will still watch it.. either on the cinema or on DVD in my comfy chair with telly. However I wouldnt object to "Akiraprise" vessels... however seeing a proper TOS era vessel would be cool.. maybe the USS Garth will pop up from BC? Thats a pretty damn fine and canon looking ship if you ask me.
 Lets hope theres a Kobayashi Maru moment too hehe the impossible Scenario rules.

Offline lint

Ok Guys,
Here are All the latest Rumoured Story lines and Related Things..

Quinto in Spock Make-up (Gotta love those sneaky photographers) 
http://www.jfxonline.com/jfxonline/2007/11/12/exclusive-quinto-as-young-spock/#more-271

This is An interesting article about JJ Discussing a re-write and allowing fans to have there say about the story
(not sure if its BS or not)
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8288700&an=0&page=0#Post8288700

This is an article from someone who does know the story line of of Trek XI, they have some interesting things to say.
(Once again it could be BS)
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8283039&an=0&page=0#Post8283039

Harlan Ellison, the original story writer the of TOS episode the movie was to be based off really is'nt happy about him not being notfified or involved.
(This IS true as it was originally posted on his website)
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8266952&an=0&page=0#Post8266952

In other news,
Ben Cross has been Casted as Sarek, in my opinion it will just be weird to see someone else play Sarek

Im also starting to Believe Christopher Pike will have a large role in this film seeing as Kirk, Spock etc will not have command rank but only be crewmen or even cadets.
Here is a small interview with the actor who is playing Captain Pike
http://www.trektoday.com/news/161107_04.shtml

Enjoy