Author Topic: How do I Create a Uniform Mutator  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
How do I Create a Uniform Mutator
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »
Title says it all, I downloaded the NX-Era Uniform TC, and I don't want to overwrite anything, just change it occasionally. I looked at MLeo's mutator, and got lost.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: How do I Create a Uniform Mutator
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »
Here you go look and this and then you can replace the necessary stuff for your mod.

Code: [Select]
import Foundation

mode = Foundation.MutatorDef('Voyager Crew and Uniforms')

# Main crew
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Brex.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerBrex.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Miguel.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerMiguel.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Felix.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerFelix.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Kiska.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerKiska.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Saffi.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerSaffi.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
# The Extra Characters
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.FemaleExtra1.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerFemaleExtra1.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.FemaleExtra2.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerFemaleExtra2.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.FemaleExtra3.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerFemaleExtra3.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.MaleExtra1.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerMaleExtra1.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.MaleExtra2.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerMaleExtra2.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.MaleExtra3.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerMaleExtra3.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )
# The Mission related characters
Foundation.OverrideDef.CreateCharacter = Foundation.OverrideDef('CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.Graff.CreateCharacter', 'Bridge.Characters.VoyagerGraff.CreateCharacter', dict = { 'modes': [ mode ] } )

Change the parts where it says VoyagerBrex to NXBrex etc

I've uploaded a copy of this code so you can alter it there.

~Jb06

JLS

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
Um, I'm quite sure I released mutator packs for most of BlackRooks uniform TC's.
This is one of them.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
If you did, I'm sorry, but I would like to try my hand at BC scripting. It's fun to learn, even if it's pretty basic. :D Thank you though.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »
If you did, I'm sorry, but I would like to try my hand at BC scripting. It's fun to learn, even if it's pretty basic. :D Thank you though.
Right, the process of creating, what I would like to call, old style, uniform mutator pack are as follows:
Copy the original crew files (the py files in scripts/Bridges/Characters, or take them from the SDK) and rename each of the files so that they are unique. This is important since I made that mistake a couple of times, for example, with the NX Uniforms (I think) and I believe a couple of others. This is due to the new bridges that have been released over time.
So keep that in mind.

Then in each of the files edit the SetupCharacter function, you will see the 4 lines in the beginning with referencing nifs and tgas. You will have to edit those so that they point to the correct versions (of your uniform). Now, scroll down and while still in the same function, you will see roughly 7 lines detailing facial animations (blinking and speaking) you will have to change those as well.

Also, if you create a mistake in one of the textures, then if you are lucky it will just show the white nif, if you are unlucky, then BC will crash.
Same for the nifs (except not appearing).

You can change other functions of the file as well.

Now, when you have the character files in place (in scripts/Bridges/Characters, place can be changed, but this is the usual spot). You will have to create a mutator in scripts/Custom/Autoload/.

And JB06 has given you an example of one. For the main crew + extra's.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »
Sorry for not replying for awhile, I've been busy with other things. I will try these suggestions out soon.