Author Topic: USS Titan: Canonicity  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: USS Titan as the Luna class: Canon or not?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »
that would be sweet :)
(if they could get permission to do so anyway...)

Or just build the whole thing from scratch...? ;)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: USS Titan as the Luna class: Canon or not?
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
That's basically making another Titan. Although it's all nice ideas. Did ZZ make the Mnemosyne? On the webbysite it says he exported it, not made it so it's not very clear who made it.

Fish.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: USS Titan: Canonicity
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »
Wicked Zombie was the original author (i think)...

Offline Aeries

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
Maybe I should make a USS-Titan Mithra Class variant...? :3

Offline Dalek

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
Sounds cool! :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
get the mithra done first, the last thing you need to do is take on 78,651 projects all at once and not be able to finish any of them :P

Offline Aeries

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »
get the mithra done first, the last thing you need to do is take on 78,651 projects all at once and not be able to finish any of them :P

Yeeeaaaahhhh... Guess I kinda tend to do that...

Offline Dalek

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
Personally, I wish the saucer of the Luna was wider, the warp engines further out and the sensor pod a lot bigger.

Oh, apparently Wesley Crusher returned to Starfleet, is a Lieutenant Commander and is Chief Engineer of the Titan. I call that more canon than anything else about the Titan. http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/02/05/John-Logan-on-the-Deleted-Lt-Commander-Wesley-Crusher-Cameo-in-Nemesis.shtml

- Lorien

Pegasus

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
Personally, I wish the saucer of the Luna was wider, the warp engines further out and the sensor pod a lot bigger.

Oh, apparently Wesley Crusher returned to Starfleet, is a Lieutenant Commander and is Chief Engineer of the Titan. I call that more canon than anything else about the Titan. http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/02/05/John-Logan-on-the-Deleted-Lt-Commander-Wesley-Crusher-Cameo-in-Nemesis.shtml

Once again... not on the final cut, not canon.

Hell, In a deleted cut in generations, Kirk and Soran beat the Sh*t out of each other until Kirk was shot in the back and died.

Canon?

No.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »

Yeah but he isn't the CE in the novels.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »

Yeah but he isn't the CE in the novels.

That's why I now believe that he novels aren't canon enough. :D

- Lorien

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »
I personally think the Luna class is nice-looking. And quite honestly, it's hard to tell a convincing exploration story in a floating city like the Galaxy. A smaller more spartan ship makes more sense to me.

As far as being canon, I'm pretty sure it is not, but should be. I know a lot of the old novels are ridiculous and contradictory. but the post-nemesis novels are all carefully interweaved, and I think are good for canonization. Especially considering CBS/Paramount seems to have no interest in moving forward with Star Trek, instead offering a Lucas-style prequel. Curse you for introducing that, Lucas! CURSE YOU! lol
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »
As far as being canon, I'm pretty sure it is not, but should be. I know a lot of the old novels are ridiculous and contradictory. but the post-nemesis novels are all carefully interweaved, and I think are good for canonization.

Yeah, they're carefully interwaeaved. And full of ridiculous name-dropping and fan-w*nk, so, no, thanks :P

Offline Aeries

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
Perhaps I should start writing again...

Offline Ryles

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 02:38:05 AM »
The post Nemesis novels for DS9, and of course the Titan series itself, are pretty awesome... The Pre-Nemesis TNG novels (A Time to... series), and a couple that take place immediately after are pretty damned good too. That is up until a overly glorified fan-fic gone wrong titled Before Dishonor.  The vast majority of that book falls into the same realm I placed Star Trek V and the Star Wars prequels into.

That being said,  the first couple Titan books were written before the design of the ship was even formalized, which could be said to have made some of the book read like it was taking place on Generic Starship 1138.

I didn't like the design at first... it came off as a bastardized Akira with mutant nebula bits tossed on. However, the design has grown on me. Just like Voyager's did. It just took a bit of time.

Almost canon enough.

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 01:35:05 AM »
Here's my philosophy. Who gives two craps what CBS Paramount think? They aren;t giveing us much in the way of new Trek, so canon is whatever you want it to be. If you like the Luna, put it in your game, imagine you are on it chasing Deanna Troi with fuzzy pink handcuffs, whatever.

If you hate it, make your own!

"Necessity is the mother of all inventions"
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."