Author Topic: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B  (Read 9034 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
what do the books say?
there could be an infinite amount of speculations and ideas; im assuming the only real "history" for Ent-B and its life and crew written as yet are from novels?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
That my friend, gets you your 100th cookie. :P

It's the fact that "if its not televised, its not canon" that restricts our views. For all we know, they're making the final mission of the Ent-B where it gets turned into a rubber duck. And I'm sure the majority of you wouldn't want that to happen.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
see, this is why the newest movie should have been around Ent-B, or even Ent-C, era...  there is so much untouched realm...
instead of some stupid alternate-reality-lets-use-and-"remake"-things-that-will-play-on-peoples-nostalgia-and-is-sure-to-sell crap...

have i mentioned that before?  lol :P

Offline Dalek

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 10:45:43 AM »
I think you may have except in more than one post. And it would be better. But if it involved people like say Janeway or Picard or even Captain Garrett, then we'd know they would have to live/live/die. So I suppose the Enterprise-B would be better for my creative freedom.

Just, don't let it involve anything with time. It's boring now, particularly when they try to explain-what-went-wrong-and-get-killed-and-then-the-timeline-sorts-itself-out-and-everyone is-alive-and-no-one-knows-what-happened-except-for-the-odd-discrepancy-like-seeing-yourself-in-an-old-picture-except-you're-not-clever-enough-according-to-the-script-and-not-be-able-to-figure-it-out. Thats just boring. I bet something like that will happen in the new film.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure time travel will be in this since old spock is in it. Unless he's telling the story.

The reason they've done it in this era is so it can appeal to a new generation of people.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
Things is, doing a movie/series in the Un-aired areas of the Trekverse, it could cause conflict with novels, and fans who read those novels would get upset. Or we could have movies/TV movies based off best selling novels. That could be cool.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »
Things is, doing a movie/series in the Un-aired areas of the Trekverse, it could cause conflict with novels, and fans who read those novels would get upset. Or we could have movies/TV movies based off best selling novels. That could be cool.

To them I say "Tough genitalia!" Screen always becomes the new canon, and a "canon" version would rock.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline A.Q.

• Cookies: 35
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »
My theory...

The Enterprise-B is the only Excelsior variant we see in all of Trek... until Paradise Lost, when we see the Lakota in action after an "extensive refit". Connection? I think, when the Ambassador was introduced, the Enterprise-B name was decomssioned in favour of the C, but was rechristened Lakota NCC 42---.

After all, the Enterprise-B would have been no more than 30 years old when the Ambassador-class was introduced. The original Enterprise served for 40 before being decomissioned, and the Enterprise-C was nearing 20 years old when it met fate at Narendra III.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
Oddly enough many people have mentioned that theory.

- Lorien

Offline A.Q.

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 10:37:23 AM »
Really? I'd never heard anything like that until I thought about when reading something on DITL... very odd.

Edit: Oh, yes, I see that someone here did...

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
Really? I'd never heard anything like that until I thought about when reading something on DITL... very odd.

Edit: Oh, yes, I see that someone here did...

Lol, that person wouldn't be me would it?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline A.Q.

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »
Yes, yes it would.

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
sure would have made for a great new movie, INO, instead of the crap they are trying to sell now... 

EX-FRAKING-XACTLY!

I would have LOVED to see the universe from the era of the Enterprise B! Maybe not with harriman as the captain, though... Kill him off and bring in somebody else. :P teehee

I've been trying to put together a Paramount Pitch for a New Series, which does just that, Jist' of the Pilot Pitch....

"Following the Death of James T Kirk, Captain Harriman has resigned his commission and left starfleet, after 6 months in drydock the Enterprise B is placed under command of Alexander Erasmus, Its first Mission to Transport a Federation Scientist to a classified Research Station in the Lantaru Sector but not all is what it seems and the New Captain and Crew find them selves in a situation dealing with scenario which could spell the end of Space Faring Civilization, thought the Galaxy"

no no no, They are sent to track down rouge elements that evaded arrest from the Kitomer consipericy and are pulled by a random wormhole into the far side of the Beta Quadrant :D And must fight off Gorb, NozaK and Negoryh.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
no no no, They are sent to track down rouge elements that evaded arrest from the Kitomer consipericy and are pulled by a random wormhole into the far side of the Beta Quadrant :D And must fight off Gorb, NozaK and Negoryh.

Bad story... and necropost :(
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 11:31:51 AM »
BAD candle.  no posting in threads more than thirty days old.

I'm gonna go ask the admin at my oldest forum for the code so you guys can lock necro threads.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline candle_86

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
well whats the point in starting a new thread if the old one does just fine, that doesnt make sense.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
to prevent overload of the server, I believe.

oh, and the only thing I've ever read on the Ent B is that She was destroyed under classified circumstances.
Unfortunately, USS Prime is correct, unless a thing belongs to George Lucas, only that which appears onscreen is considered Cannon :P

Sulu's and Uhura's given names were not Cannon untill Ep 6 and ep 11 made them that way.  they're fannon up to the point they were used that way.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »
BAD candle.  no posting in threads more than thirty days old.

I'm gonna go ask the admin at my oldest forum for the code so you guys can lock necro threads.

so long as the post is ontopic to the thread, then it is fine...
if it is a spam-type of post that is useless and pointless, then thats not cool...

Offline candle_86

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »
to prevent overload of the server, I believe.

oh, and the only thing I've ever read on the Ent B is that She was destroyed under classified circumstances.
Unfortunately, USS Prime is correct, unless a thing belongs to George Lucas, only that which appears onscreen is considered Cannon :P

Sulu's and Uhura's given names were not Cannon untill Ep 6 and ep 11 made them that way.  they're fannon up to the point they were used that way.

yes they where fanon. Though i tend to think decomissioned. We never saw another Excelscior Variant of this type besides the B and the Lokota. Hood ect where all newer Excelscior class ships, so if they had made more of this type you would expect to see it but we never do. So she was most likly decommissioned and then pulled to one of those surplus Depots. Then Recomissioned USS Lokato after the Borg Threat because evident. I would imagine any salvagable starships where recomissioned and refited to fight the borg and later domionion. Heck we see Mirindia class's fighting the Dominion but in TNG it gives a pretty clear picture most of them where made cargo ships by the 2360's or transports. But by the 2370's there back as front line vessels. Who knows what all got recomissioned. Maybe in an unknown battle an Original Config Connie fought lol

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
Never heard of the USS Lokoto. Is that in the same fleet as the USS Lollypop?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera