Author Topic: Merchandise from Trek XI  (Read 9132 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Merchandise from Trek XI
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:11:52 PM »
Slightly updated pic of the Enterprise toy I found on another forum.  Looks nice, better than I thought at any rate.

(edited thread topic)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: Merchandise from Trek XI
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »
Not unless you have Quicktime Pro.

Slightly updated pic of the Enterprise toy I found on another forum.  Looks nice, better than I thought at any rate.

Is it going to be a model kit or just a toy?

If its a model, that is relatively small enough, then it will have a place on my shelf. Right next to the small ENT-D shaped bubble-bath bottle I found a little while ago, that I was given as a kid.

Being a Trek fan wasn't a very well hid secret for me in my family, lol.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »
Is it going to be a model kit or just a toy?
That is the toy made by Playmates.  It is more likely that a resin kit will be made before a regular styrene plastic kit.  MY first impression of the toy is that it won't be big.....maybe around 14 inches long (rough estimate of past-Trek toy ships).
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Villain

• The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:49:31 AM »
it won't be big.....maybe around 14 inches long

That's what she said!

But seriously? I'd probably buy it, if I saw it in a store around here. Ever since I broke my Voyager kit I've needed something overly nerdy to sit on my monitor to knock over every time I get up. :lol: What can I say? The colours are purdy.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
EW!! Blue buzzards!! YUK!!

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »
I like them.  :arms:

Come to think of it... even though the movie hasn't been released yet, I'm kinda getting used to that ship now... girr.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:52:08 PM »
I like them.  :arms:

Come to think of it... even though the movie hasn't been released yet, I'm kinda getting used to that ship now... girr.

I think we have Wiley to blame for that. :P

And yes, the ship is supposed to be 14 inches long...which makes it shorter than my TWOK 1701 and my 1701-E.  But still just as awesome.  I preordered mine on Entertainment Earth and just now received a notification that the price went down too! :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »
I don't think this has been posted.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=297

Could be wrong.

Pictures of the toys for the movie.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/xi/toys/TransporterPlaysetCompressed.jpg

At least the Transporter room still looks like the Transporter room.  Mostly.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »
Well now, a little digging and I found some images of the Hot Wheels Star Trek line-up, minus one.  The line up includes the 1701-A(or 1701 refit), a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, the Reliant, the Enterprise-D, the STXI Enterprise(which hadn't been confirmed til now), and Nero's squid/Vorlon-esque Romulan ship Narada(wasn't known until now, and also not pictured).  The only oddity is that the bussards on the JJ-Prise are red, but this is likely because the toy is a prototype.  According to Entertainment Earth, this will not be available until May. :(

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »
Well now, a little digging and I found some images of the Hot Wheels Star Trek line-up, minus one.  The line up includes the 1701-A(or 1701 refit), a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, the Reliant, the Enterprise-D, the STXI Enterprise(which hadn't been confirmed til now), and Nero's squid/Vorlon-esque Romulan ship Narada(wasn't known until now, and also not pictured).  The only oddity is that the bussards on the JJ-Prise are red, but this is likely because the toy is a prototype.  According to Entertainment Earth, this will not be available until May. :(

Well it would be a little weird to release XI merchandise months before it comes out.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 08:07:55 PM »
Well, Entertainment Earth lists the earliest shipping date for the rest of the merchandise as March.  Of course, Playmates told TrekMovie that the release date is April 16th or so.

And I don't care so much about the JJPrise as I'm already getting the electronic one.  I want that BOP.  8)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
I want the ENT-D.

Roughly, in inches, how big is 1:50 scale? I never undertood the way scaling works for diecast models. My '1977 Starsky And Hutch Gran Torino' and 'Dukes Of Hazzard Dodge Charger' car models are 1:18 scale so I hope 1:50 scale doesnt mean those Trek models would be huge.

If anyone knows of a life-size TNG transporter pad replica though, let me know.  :D

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
I don't know how big they are, but they can't be 1:50 scale because they're not even scaled to each other.  I mean, really, the Reliant wasn't that big.  :P  I'd guess these are at most 6 inches long.  Maybe as big as the Johnny Lightning ships.  But metal!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Look at this stuff! 5 pages worth!

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_6383

Look at that JJPrise! Shows a great angle for Wiley to look at!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
Look at that JJPrise! Shows a great angle for Wiley to look at!
Not much of an image, but I'll add those engineering registry spotlights.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »
Definitely shows the blue glow in the bussard collectors.  Exactly how I thought it would be, just kind of subdued.  Coolness, I want that poster.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
I;ve noticed that the bussards look like a glass container.

But look at the toys! Theres really cool stuff on page 4 i.e. tricorder, communicator, phaser, JJPrise...or have I said too much?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »
Tricorder, couldn't care less for, communicator, maybe, phaser, maybe.  I've already pre-ordered the 1701, but I doubt I'll get the Narada.  Anything beyond the 1701, honestly I'd have to see it.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 01:35:04 PM »
I don't know why, but I want the tricorder and the phaser. The communicator looks like a Motorola with a big blue blob in the middle.

- Lorien

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
Tricorder, couldn't care less for, communicator, maybe, phaser, maybe.  I've already pre-ordered the 1701, but I doubt I'll get the Narada.  Anything beyond the 1701, honestly I'd have to see it.

I mostly agree with this. I do however hate the phasers. They look like those cheap plastic guns that arn't based on any sci-fi in particular that you used to get when you were 7 or something close to that age.

I want a red shirt though.  :lol: