Author Topic: JJ/TOS Enterprise mix  (Read 3560 times)

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: JJ/TOS Enterprise mix
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
As I was doing before God smote my computer, here is the second version and a comparison of the two versions.

I think miles did a pretty good job on his version for a bash, and FARSHOT, that looks really cool  8)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »
As I was doing before God smote my computer, here is the second version and a comparison of the two versions.

I think miles did a pretty good job on his version for a bash, and FARSHOT, that looks really cool  8)

Miles? Oh wait, you mean me? :P All I did was change sizes and model positions. FarShot went one step further and made it...TOS-er. Does that sound right? :?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »
In case anyone thought otherwise, all me and Dalek did was edit the picture of fallen_warrior's mesh.

*edited to be less offensive* -Ryan (farshot)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
The main problem I have with this thing is the front end of the secondary hull where it suddenly becomes narrower. Looks plain untatural*

*SH*T SPELLING!!!!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Cookies: 4
  • I know It's about time i got here, wheres the Bar?
    • OutaLance Shipyards
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
Hmmm... Ok. No clue this was going to be broadcast. Yes I know the secondary hull is off. I'm still playing with the mesh and the textures. I did this mostly to see if i could find a go-between the various styles of connie. If i feel that it's worth a release upon completion I will sucure permission. But right now its just something to play with. Also my name is Miles, as well. I do like what farshot has done. But my mesh isnt horrid... Well it isn't to me. Also it's comments like "Horrid Mesh" that really make me dislike this place. So thank's for the warm acceptance.

Fallen enemies are fed to the scavengers.
Fallen friends are fed into the Great Furnace, their souls returned to the Great Mother.
While Fallen Warriors Ready themselves for the final battle that will regain their Honor

Offline FarShot

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »
I do like what farshot has done.

Thank you, just putting out thoughts on what I would do.

But my mesh isnt horrid... Well it isn't to me. Also it's comments like "Horrid Mesh" that really make me dislike this place. So thank's for the warm acceptance.

Sorry about the "horrid mesh" thing.  I assumed you would never see this thread, since apparently you are never around here.  I don't really mean it is a sad attempt, I just meant that it could be better.

It's good to see your face here, really it is.  Constructive criticism is always a good thing.  Calling peoples' stuff crap isn't though, so I'll edit that out.

Again, good to see you. :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »
I assumed you would never see this thread, since apparently you are never around here.
Take it from me, if it's on the internet, the person in question will see it. About a year ago I made some very childish posts on Blax's board regarding Jimmy and it turned into a very ugly situation. As I have learned lately, it is always a good idea to check your posts for things that may be offensive (including sarcasm, which 99.9% of the time never translates into text.) ;)

Offline FarShot

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
Okay, before Jimmy says it, let's move along people; except for Fallen_Warrior of course, he gets the last say in the matter. :)

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• I know It's about time i got here, wheres the Bar?
    • OutaLance Shipyards
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »
lol... I'm happy not having the last say in the matter. TOS isn't my strong point... Neither are saucer textures

Fallen enemies are fed to the scavengers.
Fallen friends are fed into the Great Furnace, their souls returned to the Great Mother.
While Fallen Warriors Ready themselves for the final battle that will regain their Honor

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »
I would crash that into a planet...

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »
Jimmy's a stupid head!  :P  (j/k)

I like how this thread is revising the design over and over again.  It's starting to look pretty bad*ss!

Offline FarShot

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »
I find it funny how I'm apologizing to Fallen_Warrior for being rude and 4C just comes in and says that it sucks.

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 67
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 12:47:06 AM »
Well, the only thing I think that really needs fixing on the kitbash is the length of the secondary hull.  Just shorten the front end, reposition the secondary hull as needed, and that's it.  Make sure the neck is more forward on the secondary hull rather than farther back.  Keeping in proportion to the real TOS Connie, and not the bastardprise.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »
I find it funny how I'm apologizing to Fallen_Warrior for being rude and 4C just comes in and says that it sucks.

Relax Max, on /m/, where I originate, "I would crash X into a planet" is a good thing. It's a reference to the UC era of Gundam, where Zeon would crash space colonies into planets as WMD.

Hail Zeon.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
Keep the TOS Neck, Lower part of the Engineering section, JJ the Bridge, Engines and Deflector.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
The TOS neck is too brittle.  I love the way it was redesigned in JJPrise.

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »
I think these ideas look great, and the new Enterprise would have been easier to swallow if JJ and co. had done something more along these lines.
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 67
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
I think these ideas look great, and the new Enterprise would have been easier to swallow if JJ and co. had done something more along these lines.

Have a cookie.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
Well this is certainly interesting.  :)

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel