Author Topic: JJ Dominion?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Nihilus

• Cookies: 14
JJ Dominion?
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
I was thinking this would be too much of a stretch, but then I started thinking about the back story for the Dominion.  According to their creators, they said that the Dominion had been watching a studying the Federation for centuries.  They also said that they would have attacked in another 200 years (26th Century), but when Sisko discovered the Wormhole, they had no choice but to have First Contact early.

Now if they're truly spying on the Alpha Quadrant, would it not be too far fetched to assume they have doubled their efforts after seeing Starfleet's technological jump?  Plus there is the matter of Spock Prime stuck there.  I would hope that he gives them some heads up on future events.  I know for the most part that would be a big no no, but he knows he is in an alternate timeline so letting them know what happened in his own time might not be out of the question.

What do you guys think?  Would you like to see James T. Kirk pimp slap Weyoun someday?

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
Re: JJ Dominion?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »
Now there's an interesting point! It may speed up the efforts of the dominion I suppose. Would love to see Kirk give Weyoun a kicking though, I hate that guy :roll
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »
I don't think the Dominion would be concerned about the technological jump. If they were merely observing, they would've just put it down as a reaction to an unknown and extreme circumstance (ie the Narada popping up).

As for Spock, even if he did tell the Federation, they'd probably think he was a bit of a nutter and just ignore him.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Biggins

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
they'd probably think he was a bit of a nutter and just ignore him.

That a good point actually, as far as the Federation knows, Spock prime is just another Vulcan.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 08:36:19 PM »
Well Serak being Spock's dad could mindmeld with spock prime, and know he was his son
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline MR. Nevyn

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
Only Spock won't tell them because it would change the course of history; as a former Starfleet officer he would have to follow the temporal prime directive. of course, considering how much history has changed, he could choose to simply ignore it.

Offline Nihilus

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
The course of History in the universe has already dramatically changed so the Temporal Prime Directive wouldn't apply.  I mean the information he has is mostly obsolete, but that doesn't mean he can't give them a slight heads up.  Plus, we already know they know of the Cardassians because Uhura ordered a Cardassian beverage.  This means they must know of the Bajorans.  If they received a technological jump it could be speculated that their sensors have been upgraded and it may be possible to detect the Bajoran Wormhole.  Naturally they might wish to explore the Gamma Quadrant.

Encountering the Dominion early would be very devastating for them since in this time period they're not yet allies with the Klingon Empire.  They're definitely not ready to ally with the Romulans and we know the Gorn haven't been encountered yet, but they're first contact will be aggressive.  The Tholians are around but no one ever hears from them unless they annex something.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
Just because the course of history has already been changed, doesn't mean you have the right to "give them a slight heads up". For all we know things play out exactly the same despite the temporal "edits" shown in STXI.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Nihilus

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »
Things can't play out exactly like they did before.  There are just too many alterations.  You have to think of the Domino effect rippling throughout the time line.

Starfleet re-encounters the Romulans before 2266, (The Narada), which could re-spark diplomatic tensions.  The Klingons are in a military arms race with the Federation so the fact that Starfleet ships, such as the Enterprise, are far more bigger and advanced, means the Klingons will compensate.  The Cold War may heat up much earlier than the incident at Organia.  Then of course there is the whole possible Dominion arc.

Spock may not say anything to Starfleet directly.  But you know Section 31 would be all over it.  He could not hide from an organization that is so resourceful.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
I don't think Starfleet ever figured out the Narada came from the future. They just regarded it as a big threat and gave Kirk the Enterprise for stopping it.

However you are right about the ship technology increase. Reminds me of the naval race between Britain and Germany before WW1.

And if Starfleet had enough sense, they wouldn't mention the Narada when making proper first contact with the Romulans. Nero specifically said he had nothing to do with the Romulan government of that time.

- Lorien

Offline Nihilus

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »
True, Nero said he didn't represent the Empire, but Kirk did tell Spock that he offered to save Nero as a sign of good faith to the Romulans.  And you know I just realized another alteration to the timelime.  In the Balance of Terror, they made it clear that that was the first time a Romulan had been seen and they were shocked to see they were identical to Vulcans.  Now in the altered reality, they seen what Romulans look like 30+ years earlier.  It would seem to me that after the Kelvan's destruction they would have attempted diplomatic contact with them right after. 

It's possible to assume that the Romulans will not need to test out Starfleet's defenses with their new Warbird.  In fact, it would probably mean that any new Warbird design they make would be twice as powerful as the one from Balance of Terror.  Once again it would be a factor into the whole, military build up all caused by the Narada's incursion.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
I don't think it was as such Starfleet realizing that the Narada was from the future as it was Starfleet realizing that the Narada was several leagues above what Romulan technology should have been capable of at that time.

And yes, while Starfleet had yet to see a Romulan face-to-face at that point, the fact that these pointy eared aliens who were far from being unemotional, logical Vulcans probably prompted the Vulcans to admit the Romulans were long lost cousins.

Either way, I doubt that the unprecedented military build up would attract the Dominion.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 10:59:17 PM »
What is this "technological jump" everyone is talking about?

A set designer's differing opinion does not necessarily mean that technology in-universe changed. Nor does the color of phaser beams.

It's not like it would have jumped that far in the first place.

Offline Biggins

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 01:29:09 AM »
The technological jump comes from the data that cam back from the kelvin survivors from scans and records, this gave starfleet a kick start in terms of technology and is the reason why the enterprise doesn't more closely resemble kelvin style technology

Offline Nihilus

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

A set designer's differing opinion does not necessarily mean that technology in-universe changed. Nor does the color of phaser beams.

It's not like it would have jumped that far in the first place.

The fact that the JJ Constitution is bigger than a Galaxy Class doesn't give you a hint?  Trust me, the Narada made Starfleet crap themselves.  Their military thinking has changed a lot since then and that thinking influences everyone around them.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:11 AM »
Just give it 3 or 4 movies and Star Fleet will figure out that their timeline is not correct so they will dispatch the whole fleet back in time using the star break away method (discovered by Spock in their 3rd film) a few weeks earlier. Some old admiral who was a commander back in the day of the Kelvin uses his old command codes to divert the Kelvin elsewhere to avoid the Narada.

Meanwhile Kirk leds the whole fleet against the Narada destroying is before it emerges from the time rift.

The Time line is restored and and the JJ era fleet fade from existance and the galaxy's natural time line is restored.

When Spock prime emerges he see that he is back in his own time period and uses the break away method to arrive back in his own time just prior to Romulus being destroyed and used the Red matter to save it.

Spock is hailed a hero. Nero returns home to his family and we all live happily ever after.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
Just give it 3 or 4 movies and Star Fleet will figure out that their timeline is not correct so they will dispatch the whole fleet back in time using the star break away method (discovered by Spock in their 3rd film) a few weeks earlier. Some old admiral who was a commander back in the day of the Kelvin uses his old command codes to divert the Kelvin elsewhere to avoid the Narada.

Meanwhile Kirk leds the whole fleet against the Narada destroying is before it emerges from the time rift.

The Time line is restored and and the JJ era fleet fade from existance and the galaxy's natural time line is restored.

When Spock prime emerges he see that he is back in his own time period and uses the break away method to arrive back in his own time just prior to Romulus being destroyed and used the Red matter to save it.

Spock is hailed a hero. Nero returns home to his family and we all live happily ever after.

Doubt it, I think thier aiming for a tv show eventually

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 01:09:24 PM »
you wish, baz.  the JJ was initiated as a literall reboot, because the original trek is now considered old, tired, and out of pace with today's thinking.  besides, don't get your hopes up for more than one more movie.  the RL doomsayers are in full swing.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »

It has been stated by the the JJ producors and whatnot that the reason the Enterprise looks so different and it was only finished being constructed in 2258 was due to an increase in research of technology prompted by the destruction of one of their ships by a big bad nasty Pinecone.

- Lorien

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
It has been stated by the the JJ producors and whatnot that the reason the Enterprise looks so different and it was only finished being constructed in 2258 was due to an increase in research of technology prompted by the destruction of one of their ships by a big bad nasty Pinecone.

Where has this been stated?
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera