Author Topic: Canon Torps on the Galaxy  (Read 657 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Canon Torps on the Galaxy
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
I was wondering what is the Canon torpedo fire from a galaxy? I ask cause I noticed some fire ALOT  but when I watch TNG the most I ever see the Enterprise fire is 9 and it fired that in 3 savos of 3. Thinking back I remember seeing it fire just 3 at most at a time or when they fired a spread it came out in one shot but split to 4-6 torpedos. So is 9 all she can fire? I know the tech manual says something else but then tend to be wrong when put against the shows. So what is right?

Another thing I noticed is when they fire a full spread, sometimes we either see 1 torpedo and sometimes it starts as 1 but splits, is it possible when they fire a full spread they can stay clumped together for one massive hit?

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
Re: Canon Torps on the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »
It changed so many times. Sometimes the E-D fired single torpedos in sucession like Voyager but in others she fired a full spread which was multiple torpedos, I think up to 10, at once but did you noticed it was always against a Bird of Prey for some reason?  :funny

I suspect the launchers on the Galaxy class had programmable spread patterns so she only need two launchers instead of 4 or more of other classes.

Seeing as how no other classes of ship seem to have these launchers we could assume Starfleet decided that not to pursue the technology instead of increasing torpedo spread by increasing the number of launchers like on the Sovereign and Akira classes.