Author Topic: Spec data for Romulan Warbird or any non-Fed ships?  (Read 970 times)

Offline NatsuKagura

• Cookies: 1
Spec data for Romulan Warbird or any non-Fed ships?
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
Hi Guys, I have been wondering about detail specification of several ships from Romulan & non Federation ship.

I wonder just how strong the Romulan warbird or dominion ship is.....
Does anyone know where I can get the spec data for Romulan Warbird or any non Federation ships?
I wonder about their Shield Generator output, Phaser output, etc. ( similar to ACTD website, since ACTD only provide the detail of the Federation ship's data only).
I have seen DITL.org but I can't rely on that, since I found many contradiction, that make me even more confused. ( well... their opinion about starship etc is very interesting though)
Squad 17 Gotei 14! U.S.S.NatsuKagura , Reporting for duty SSSIIIIIRRRR...........!!!!

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
RE: Spec data for Romulan Warbird or any non-Fed ships?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 01:09:24 AM »
Have you checked Memory Alpha? http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/D%27deridex_class

Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »
yes... always...  :D
Unfortunately, they didn't describe about each ship power output....   :lostit:
When I found & read ACTD and found out that Defiant isn't as powerfull as it's described ,I am beginning to interested and curious about other several ship's true strenght like Romulan Warbird, Dominion ships, & Cardasian ships....  :)
Squad 17 Gotei 14! U.S.S.NatsuKagura , Reporting for duty SSSIIIIIRRRR...........!!!!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »
Aside from the Galaxy and Defiant classes, there's very little concrete, canon info of the kind you're looking for about starships.  When it comes to balancing hardpoints, you're pretty much stuck referencing speculative and the background/apocryphal material you find on DITL and the other web sites, other games such as Armada or the SFC series, and the tech manuals.

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »
Aside from the Galaxy and Defiant classes, there's very little concrete, canon info of the kind you're looking for about starships.  When it comes to balancing hardpoints, you're pretty much stuck referencing speculative and the background/apocryphal material you find on DITL and the other web sites, other games such as Armada or the SFC series, and the tech manuals.

well... yeah, you right...thanks Nero.. :drink:.. I have tried balancing it with material from DITL & enjoying it. :dance

However when my friend compared & try to balance it with the actual data, it feels great.... :assimilate
For example, when we try to find out, just who is more maneuverable between Excelsior and Constution... At first it's obvious that the smaller ship should be more agile. However it seem, that's not true. Both of the ship is almost same in agility.
It's said that the earlier Excelsior is nimble, but the Constution is truely nimble... hmmm...  :drink:
Or the truth that the Defiant's shield is only about the same output with Excelsior's. It seem logical, since I always wondering why the choose Lakota for the Paradise Lost instead of newer Nebula or Akira. Also side from their weapons & warpdrive system, they never explained about her defense system. But at the end they were at stalemate. From this point I am beginning to like Defiant.
And I really quite enjoy it when it comes to BC with the new balance. Though she seem very strong in the show, but I think it's for the sake for the film.  :salute3:
But at the end ... yes... you right, Nero.. :drink2:..it's speculative & frustating, etc .. :bluescreen:.. they always give me a headache bonus :banghead:. But that also the best time we have as a modder, right?  :D
Ah yes, almost forgot.... compared to the data from ACTD, I suprissingly found out 80% most of the defense system on the stock BC is quite accurate I think.. :eek.. wuiihh... though for Galaxy, Sovy, & Nebula is only using a standard combat operation mode. :smack:

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
So many smiles....

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »
So many smiles....

eh...oh... hmm... you right... I just notice it too....  :eek
It seem every time I finish a sentence, I give a signature by smileeeeeeee....  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »
One book you might want to look up is the old Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, it can be hard to find, but it has statistics for a lot of common ships.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:40 AM »
Probably the best advice you can take on hardpoint balancing is very little at all actually.  You just have to keep playing with them until you get a system that you like and works well for you.  That's what myself and several others who have been here a while have done.  Just keep playing around with them.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Re: Spec data for Romulan Warbird or any non-Fed ships?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »
I've always use the Galaxy as the benchmark, just cause watching TNG. The warbird is suppose to be equal to the galaxy, I found LC dominion warbird (from the LC warbird pack) and equal match for the DJ's tng Galaxy class (like the big E, Yamato, Odessy). The Warbid packs heavier firepower with its disrupters, but the Galaxy has the photons and manvuerbality (sp?) If I'm in the galaxy I can take down the warbird while take some good damage, if I'm in the warbird I can take the galaxy out while taking some good damage