Author Topic: TNG Remastered  (Read 13814 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: TNG Remastered
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
the only fleet there was of Klingons...

I'm talking about during fleet actions (with multiple fed ships) not one alone.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
BOBW is not on the list for the remake for me because it would be bad marketing as it is the best TNG episode rating wise and opinion wise for many fans.
Dude are you kidding? BOBW is the episode that pretty much made TNG a hit. Of course throughout season three there were marked improvements from the last two seasons but BOBW is where people really started clinging to TNG en mass. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I personally thing CBS would be foolish to not release it on that sampler they're talking about.

I strongly doubt that any first or second season episodes will be out on that sampler ("Q Who" would probably have the best chance). The general consensus I hear is that the first two seasons of TNG weren't all that great and people only watched them because they were better than the re-runs of TOS that they had been stuck with for nearly 20 years (along with the occasional movie)...

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »
The debris field of Wolf 359 comes to mind when remastering BOBW
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
The debris field of Wolf 359 comes to mind when remastering BOBW

I'm telling ya, it would be cool if it was similar to Star Trek XI's debris field! Pieces of ship debris bouncing off the Enterprise. I'm getting a bit carried away with the idea lol

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
they could add some of the DS9 ships (from the first ep) XD

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »
they could add some of the DS9 ships (from the first ep) XD

Except the Saratoga...there wasn't much left of that poor ship.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
I would love to finally get close ups of those Wolf 359 classes, like the Freedom etc.

I wonder if it happens will they replace the guest ships like the Exclesior, Miranda and Oberth class ships with other, more fitting desgins?
But only in shots where the ship isn't named at all. Would be great seeing a New Orleans or Springfield classes as replacements

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
We have to remember that it is Season 1&2 first, that is why and plus BOBW is really 2 episodes, or one split into 2, and we are talking about a teaser with 4 60 min. episodes.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Morgan

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
We have to remember that it is Season 1&2 first
TOS wasn't remastered and re-released in order, why should TNG? Also, if they're going to do a teaser, they would probably want to do some popular & effects heavy episodes in order to jazz people up for the full release. The cold hard truth is that there are not a lot of episodes in the first two seasons that the casual buyer would really get excited about - hell there aren't even a lot of episodes in those first two seasons that the die-hard-trekkies will get excited about. I'm not saying the first two seasons are complete crap - I personally love "The Arsenal of Freedom" - it's just that TNG didn't get popular until its 3rd season, so for a teaser the most likely episode candidates will come from that and later seasons.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »
The only epsiode I got fired up over in the first season was the Starbase 74/Bynars episode and only because of the docking sequence.

In the second season it would have to be Q Who.

While watching Voyager's Dark Frontier last night I was thinking about the Borg retcon that happened in Voyager and thought would CBS spend the time ans money altering the Borg skin colour in the TNG episodes to make them more First Contact/Voyager like? Probably not.

As for any future release they will do what they did with TOS. Update and air the most popular and FX heavy episodes first.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
While watching Voyager's Dark Frontier last night I was thinking about the Borg retcon that happened in Voyager and thought would CBS spend the time ans money altering the Borg skin colour in the TNG episodes to make them more First Contact/Voyager like? Probably not.
I would guess that they would likely just do the special effects (for example the shield effect when drones adapt to weapons) more like FC/Voyager, and of course re-do the Cube probably more in FC's image, but that's about it.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
yeah, remember, when they remastered TOS, they only changed the VFX, they didn't mess with the sets or the actors

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
yeah, remember, when they remastered TOS, they only changed the VFX, they didn't mess with the sets or the actors

Lol wrong they either replaced parts of sets with cgi or they replaced the whole thing also all frames of the show were given a refresh notice you can see lot more detail than you used to on cloths and skin

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
Lol wrong they either replaced parts of sets with cgi or they replaced the whole thing also all frames of the show were given a refresh notice you can see lot more detail than you used to on cloths and skin

They restored all old footage as best as possible and brought it up to HD standards. My blu-ray versions have a much nicer picture than the old dvds i have. Now I can really see the green make up on Spock's face.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »

They also made new models for Ships that were reused models.
The automated cargo ship in "The Ultimate Computer" was given a CG model based off an Automated grain ship in The Animated Series, the Gorn ship was given its own Unique model.
There are other examples but I can't think of any.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »
They also made new models for Ships that were reused models.
The automated cargo ship in "The Ultimate Computer" was given a CG model based off an Automated grain ship in The Animated Series, the Gorn ship was given its own Unique model.
There are other examples but I can't think of any.

The Station in "The Ultimate Computer" was replaced with a Watchtower Class Starbase
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
The Station in "The Ultimate Computer" was replaced with a Watchtower Class Starbase

I remember that now, I recognized it from Vanguard novel cover.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
And they added a LOT of detail to the damaged USS Constellation.
Whenever they get to Wolf 359 in TNG, we might be able to see more identifiable ships.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Morgan

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »
And they added a LOT of detail to the damaged USS Constellation.
Whenever they get to Wolf 359 in TNG, we might be able to see more identifiable ships.
Hopefully more Nebulas, Ambassadors, Excelsiors, Mirandas, and New Orleans instead of all those other ugly kit-bashes (I realize the New Orleans itself is a kit-bash, but it's not an ugly one and the design actually looks thought out instead of random parts just thrown together... :) ).

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
I heard somewhere TNG was shot in widescreen because they were using cameras normally used for movies, then was transferred to Film for visual editing.

If they can get a hold of the original raw footage, we could possibly be getting it in widescreen. (didn't they used Raw footage in the TOS remastered?)

But we probably won't since they'll probably want to keep the original feel.