Author Topic: Cardassian Galor WIP: Recovered!  (Read 21294 times)

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Re: Cardassian Galor WIP: SLIGHT UPDATE 02FEBRUARY2013
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
Believe me, I will not hesitate to burn this witch if given an opportunity. She is directly responsible for the break-up. 

funny how the topic relates....
...what you think Dukat would do?

:evil:

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
SAE, don't get caught saying stuff like that.  As a federal police officer, you have quite a bit to lose.
That said, stay frosty.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline serverandenforcer

• Frustrated and Strugling Modeler
  • Cookies: 270
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2015, 07:51:28 AM »
Finally back!  Been on this thing for the past year and a half.  Laptop died during the beginning of last year and I kind of procrastinated in getting a new one.  So, here's where I am so far.  Going to be doing a couple other textures with glows and having different options of widows being lit.  I also have to do the speculars (if that even needs to be used for a Galor).

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Cardassian Galor WIP: MAJOR UPDATE 11FEBRUARY2015
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
my response to seing this was a wide eyed, eyebrow raised WOW!
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline admiral horton

• Cookies: 4
    • my devianart page
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:32 PM »
I really like it

However isn't the stripes u have a purple suppose to be brown?
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Please visit my Deviantart page at http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »
Yes for the physical model.

Not for the CGI model.

EDIT: It probably could be a bit darker though.

https://rindastartrekds9.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/warship_galor.jpg

« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »
Before I continue on with the glows, can I use multiple unwraps?

My plan is to use .bmp files for the glows so that every part on the ship that glows isn't dependent on one file.  This would give me flexibility to do some cool effects, such as window lights turning on and off at scheduled points, impulse and warp engines powering up/down or fluttering when damaged, and other systems that glow to do the same without all of them being synchronized together.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
Not with the original game, no.  The texture format is fixed to Targa, and motion is achieved by both texture swapping and setting it up in the actually model (which is how LCARS are done for bridges).  As for impulse and glow on and off switching with use, some mini files have been written for that, but don't work very well, due to sheer old age on the game engine and Python's severe case of anal when it comes to getting syntax absolutely perfect the first time.   You'll have to talk with the Excalibur guys in development for that kind of thing.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
Well, that special fx part wouldn't necessarily be for BC.  But I am curious about using a separate unwrap to have asymmetrical window lighting.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
you can unwrap any part of the ship seperatly obviously and all you would need to do if i understand what you are tryong to do is have all the parts that glow on one map but then have each part that is to glow have a different glow on the same alpha channel.

eg: you can have a bright nacelle glow but less bright windows glow and every window could be different also depending on the overlay texture of the glow you would get a different glow effect.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »
I'm sad to annonce that this project will never come to fruition. The hard drive it was saved on crashed. I had not returned to this project since 2015 due to major life issues going on (relationships, moving, ending relationships and starting new ones, getting married, starting a new job which requires to go through a high stress academy, moving again, having a baby, resigning from a job, going on military orders, etc...). Now that I have a chance to sit back and relax, I decided to return to this project. In my horror, I found that the hard drive had crashed. I lost everything on it including the Galor. I had to buy a new hard drive and to top it off, I can no longer use the free version of 3ds max. So I'm now using Blender - which quite honestly seems to be just as good as max, if not better. So, I'm left wondering if I should or shouldn't restart this project from the ground up seeing that bcfiles appears to be dead and the only place that services mods for the game is gamefront. Right now I'm slowly working on a ship as a mod for Star Citizen - but I'm not in any rush since that game is only in alpha and who know if it will even be ready for 3rd party mods.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »
I'm sad to annonce that this project will never come to fruition. The hard drive it was saved on crashed. I had not returned to this project since 2015 due to major life issues going on (relationships, moving, ending relationships and starting new ones, getting married, starting a new job which requires to go through a high stress academy, moving again, having a baby, resigning from a job, going on military orders, etc...). Now that I have a chance to sit back and relax, I decided to return to this project. In my horror, I found that the hard drive had crashed. I lost everything on it including the Galor. I had to buy a new hard drive and to top it off, I can no longer use the free version of 3ds max. So I'm now using Blender - which quite honestly seems to be just as good as max, if not better. So, I'm left wondering if I should or shouldn't restart this project from the ground up seeing that bcfiles appears to be dead and the only place that services mods for the game is gamefront. Right now I'm slowly working on a ship as a mod for Star Citizen - but I'm not in any rush since that game is only in alpha and who know if it will even be ready for 3rd party mods.

Blender is much better than Max, look into tutorials of non-destructive modelling, you'll love it. Restart it dude, it will come out better this time :)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2020, 03:39:41 PM »
Blender is much better than Max, look into tutorials of non-destructive modelling, you'll love it. Restart it dude, it will come out better this time :)

Hey brother! Been too long since we've last talked. I didn't by chance give you a copy of my Galor did I? I be know we were comparing yours and mine when I was working on it.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
Hey brother! Been too long since we've last talked. I didn't by chance give you a copy of my Galor did I? I be know we were comparing yours and mine when I was working on it.

Yea, it has been my man. You never did. We only compared renders of both unfortunately :(

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Cardassian Galor WIP: Canceled
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »
Good to see ya Adonis!  :D :hi:

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »

« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Here we go again.

Re: Cardassian Galor WIP: Recovered
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2020, 01:28:49 AM »
Returned home from Massachusetts last Thursday and discovered an external hard drive that had a copy of the Galor on it. I was able to export it to Blender 2.9. I changed up a few things with the mesh (the design of the spiral wave emitters on the forward deflector array, added two spiral wave disruptors on the ventral hull, corrected the coloring on the sensor strip, and added the glow color for the everything that should be glowing - this doesn't mean I've actually added glow textures, just only the color the items should be when they glow). At this point, I've done all that I know how to do. I am not familiar with how to do specular textures, how to actually add in glow textures, how to hardpoint, and how to export the model into a .nif format. I'm very much open to allowing someone to complete those for me, or at least point me in the direction of how to accomplish that. I could essentially upload the file and the textures here and allow more talented and skilled people to complete it. Anyways, got renders from Blender (which is far more superior to 3DS Max) to showcase the results.

« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2020, 01:29:47 AM »
Additional renders

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Cardassian Galor WIP: Recovered!
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2020, 02:45:56 AM »
That's a gorgeous looking Galor-class.