Author Topic: DS9 Series Bible  (Read 803 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
DS9 Series Bible
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »
So I was bored and playing around on Reddit and found the series bible for DS9.  Kind of interesting to look at.  Check it out.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: DS9 Series Bible
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
it's amazing how much changed since that was written.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:44:23 AM »
A lot has changed since this was written, but I was also surprised how much stayed the same.  The back story concerning the Occupation of Bajor and the wormhole isn't really too different.  A lot of the character bios aren't too different from what we saw in "Emissary" either.  Interesting how Jake was initially planned to be a recurring character - I think that may have suited him better in the long run vs. being a series regular.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that at this point Rom apparently didn't exist.  Nog is listed as just being the son of one of Quark's staff.

And Bashir/Amoros doesn't seem quite as fleshed out as the other major characters, almost as if he's an afterthought.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
I didn't see Garak in there either, that was kind of surprising.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:09:30 PM »
indeed!  no mention of Garek...
also the whole Dr Amarosa thing?  lol
lame...

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:07:26 PM »
Apparently they changed that just before they started filming. They may have changed his name to better suit Siddig El Fadil's heritage, Bashir sounds more middle eastern than Amoros.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
And Bashir/Amoros doesn't seem quite as fleshed out as the other major characters, almost as if he's an afterthought.

Well, Bashir's backstory wasn't conceived of until much later, and even then, Alexander Sidding didn't like what they did with Bashir when making him a genetically enhanced human.

I didn't see Garak in there either, that was kind of surprising.

Wow, that would've made for a far less interesting show, IMO.  Garak was one of my favorite characters.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »
Wow, that would've made for a far less interesting show, IMO.  Garak was one of my favorite characters.
Agreed, Garak gave the show a certain level of depth that couldn't have been achieved with another character.  I mean, how could the Federation have gotten the Romulans into the war without Garak?

Apparently Lwaxana Troi was supposed to have a bigger role than she ended up having, considering that she has a bio in the bible.