Author Topic: Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma, Slipstream  (Read 9225 times)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma, Slipstream
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »
Here is the plan...

Cordy's Playground

In Game
- Anomaly 1
- Anomaly 2
- Wormhole 1
- Oddball
- Sub Space Anomaly
- Odd Square
- Awesome Crystal Field
- Public Enemy #1 is ingame, and this is no ordinary enemy.
- Green Crystal Field

WIP
- Saturn Ship? lol - Ready to put ingame
- Test Spheres (Unable to get the NiAlphaProperty to show)
- Wormhole 2 - Need to add NiFlipController
- Wormhole 3 - Need to add NiFlipController
- Planet with Animated Textures - Not started yet
- Ghost Ship - WIP
- A Ball of Lightning - Not started yet
- Emojis Floating around in Background - Not Started Yet
- Dyson Sphere - WIP (Unable to get ingame)
- TMP Travel Pod - WIP
- A Higher Poly TMP Drydock - Ingame, needs an HP
- More to add later.

I am thinking that I will give some of these anomalies the capabilities of a shuttle and set them on a flight path that makes it look like they are chasing each other.  lol

Wow. I didn't realize it was this big. ha ha  I have tonnes of ideas that I am going to try to get ingame. Like, a square planet.  :evil: :yay: :dance :icon_lol:

I just realized...I should try to make a 'Weapons Deployed' version of the DS9 model I'm working on. That's a lot of torpedo bays though. whew.  :hithead: lol

Original Post:
I've had this project stashed away some time ago, but I'm getting it done now.  The ship design comes from Saquist, I had imported part of the model into max from CAD.  Not an easy thing to do.  lol  Anyhoo, I have the engines modeled and the warp pylons nearly done.  The design of this ship is somewhat different...but I like different.  lol  (Oh, I have no idea on the registry...I know it's called the Enigma...)

Edit:

Apparently is the render in CAD that he did. :-P

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: The Enigma
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
Interesting.  I'm not sure why, but I'm somewhat reminded of the Insignia.  Could be the flat-ish design, nacelles, or just the fact the names don't sound very unlike each other.

Enigma... Insignia... Enigma... Insignia... now try saying that 10 times faster. :P

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Definitely an interesting ship design.  MOAR I say!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »
Your timing is uncanning Cord.  I just got the new system and today I just got this beast to load up Auto Cad.  
It's nice not to be so limited like years previously...I can give you any angle you want.  I also have some new models of the stardrive (primitive) and Saucer.

The Thread on Star Trek Official Movie Forum has a bit more.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

I also have an archive of images on Image Shack

I've been able to provide a bit more detail on the hull of the ventral side but not the top.  Those white ortho views help.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
Sweet, thanks Saquist.  I've done a part of the secondary hull, still working on it amongst all my other projects.  Max Loef tends to keep me busy.  lol  Will post with pictures when I've got the shape of the secondary hull nearly done. :P  If you could, render me the bottom back area, what appears to be a loading bay (Similar to the excelsior, that open area)...I've got a bunch of lines, to half a ship in max. :)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:26:55 AM »
it looks good. What type of texture style do you plan to use? Sov? Personaly that blue grey coloring I've seen, such as with that norway refit I showed yea might look good but that's just me.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Saquist

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
I'll be working on doing some reworking of the model for the areas you need like the cargo bay, back of the saucer and ventral nacelle. 

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Cool, cause I started that area.  Below is a render, lots of tricky areas.  But is fun making this one, wanted to see this one in game for a while now.

Edit:
Some progress today.  The secondary hull is starting to take shape.

Offline Saquist

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »

The lower saucer dome starts on the same plane as the upper edge of the outer saucer and the bottom of the dome is flush with the bottom of the saucer.  It doesn't stick out. The Stardrive's nose is simply a cut from this saucer.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »
Ahhh, okay.  I'll have to make minor changes.  Thanks, the current saucer is basic anyway.  Question: What is the total length of this ship?  (So I can scale it properly)

Offline Saquist

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »
I've measured a total of 570.28 meters long and 240.98 meters wide at the edge of the nacelles.
The Saucer is 169.47 meters wide.
Star Drive is 444.33 meters long and it starts 125.66 meters into the Saucer Section.

Offline Saquist

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »

Hears a color coded legend of the Cargo Receiving Bay. 

Between the Red and Yellow is empty space.

These are only 2D estimation of what it would look like from the back view of the ship so if it doesn't end up looking like this don't worry about.  Go by the side section view at the bottom.  There will be some contouring...but I haven't figured it out so feel free to express yourself artisticlly.  Infact that goes as a general rule for the entire project since it's such a square ship.

Offline cordanilus

Re: Cordanilus WIP - Slipstream
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
Okay, I'll follow the WIP trend.  :-P

What do you see here?
Slipstream v4...yes.  I might not call it v4 since v3 wasn't released.  lol  Anywayz, will begin some testing soon.  Had to dig this one out of the closet...darn skeletons were in the way.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
that reminds me...I grabbed slipstream 2 to go with a stargate pack (even made my own tex for my p-star ships, which use a hyperspace variant) and it stopped working.  I'm putting that down to my lower end computer, though.

the only real question I have is whether or not there's gonna be SW hyperspace/B5 Hyperspace/Ludicrous Speed
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Saquist

Re: Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma, Slipstream
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
More Cargo Receiving details for Enigma.
I have to fight for these details so sorry it takes so long.  But I seem to be getting better at it.

In this shot you can see to the secondary Cargo bay doors that are built into the trapezoid structure at the center top of the main bay.  These bays are designed to be difficult to target aft because the warp core is around 60 meters forward and while there is second hull for the subsection the core it in, I simply dislike cargo bay doors pointing out near critical areas like main engineering since this is a combat vessel.

The main cargo doors are facing out to be flanking  of the core instead of being in line with the core.  They aren't typical doors as they are essentially heavy duty double armor doors with inner and outter components

The Impulse engines are now straight extrusions to the back wall of the bay and I think it plays off better than the curvy-ness I did in the 2D drawing above.  I was also going to curve the bottom decks but that didn't make a lot of sense to do since room on those decks as the bottom of the stardrive slopes becomes quite the premium.  You can also see the Hydrogen vents on the back wall to the left and right of the trapezoid droop bay.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
Oooo, looks different the the version I have.  I'll make the adjustments.

@ King
I'll see what I can do about those.  Not sure about the ludicrous speed one, might not work out so well with the model I'm using but will try it anyway.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
I am alive!!!  lol  Update I suppose.

1 - Rebuilt the TMP Drydock.  100k+ polys (Divided into 2 objects) and is currently ingame. (See 1st image)
2 - Mapping and Texturing the DS9 Model which I've rebuilt many times. (See 2nd image)
3 - Mapping a new Starbase model, sitting at 40k polys.  Currently mapping.
4 - Still working on a new Earth system.  It currently contains the basics and the new drydocks.  Soon to feature the new starbase, etc.
5 - Slipstream/Hyperdrive is still being worked on.  6 different textures currently exist, it will work on the original Slipstream framework.  I've decided to scrap the v3.
6 - New Lens Flare textures.  (See the 3rd image)
7 - Various other models on the back burner.

Wowie, haven't been here in a while.  Seems quiet.
Just click on the little images to go to photobucket to see the bigger images.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
Good work so far. And welcome back.  :bow:
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »
Awesome ! :) as always, I'll be happy to lend a hand ;)

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
Hey Bones.  :D  I'll let you know when I'll need it.  I'm working hard on my texturing skillz, but it may not meet your standards.  :-P

Update:

1 - Continuing to retexture my earlier attempts of the DS9 model.  I rechecked the model, it's currently at 27k polys.  (See screens below)
2 - Editing the slipstream framework slightly, to accommodate a starfield background and created a new model for the slipstream.  There was 2 models originally scripted, that's perfect for what I need.  The reason is that I put in 2 models, each has different animated textures.  Also looking into editing the script more to cycle through different models instead of textures, since an entire set of animated textures can't be swapped.  Easier to just do the model. (1 picture below)
3 - 1st test on having an animated texture as part of the background looks promising.  Have to create a texture sequence for it.  Currently using a GIF I found of a quasar.

Additional info:
I do remember creating a sphere that could hide any object inside it, only if imported into a system script instead of loading it as a ship.  But, I think it shows the planets behind it...it may only hide spawned ships.   Weird.  lol

Also, I'm thinking of creating a bunch of weird stuff and putting it into "Cordy's Playground"  ha ha ha  We will see.

Edit:
I forgot about this...have to clean up the model and map/texture the bugger.  Back burner.  40k polys.