Author Topic: Seriously Riker?!  (Read 683 times)

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
Seriously Riker?!
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »
IMO Commander Riker has made a ton of stupid decisions and mistakes. The one that really gets on me is the destruction of the Promellian battlecruiser Cleponji. There we have Picard wetting himself over it, only to have Riker destroy it FOR THE WRONG REASON.

I'm sure there are plenty others to be found, but I'm not likely to notice them.

SOOOOoooo... destroying your Captains childhood dream?

SERIOUSLY RIKER?!
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: Seriously Riker?!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
It turns out the Human brain will bring the final solution. Instead of trying to overpower the trap, a minimal energy boost and minimal thrusters can be used to drift the ship clear from the booby-trapped field, while shutting down all non-essential systems. Captain Picard relieves Wesley of the conn and manuevers the ship himself. He and Data work together, and by using the asteroid's gravitational field and the Enterprise's thrusters, he is successful in catapulting the Enterprise clear of the mine-field. Picard then orders the destruction of the ancient ship to prevent it from luring any more victims.

So... you were saying?

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »
he ordered the destruction of the TRAP, not the ship. He wanted the battlecruiser towed away.
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
Might want to be a bit more clear next time?

You did not say anything about "Riker blowing up the trap". You said, and I quote:

"the destruction of the Promellian battlecruiser Cleponji. There we have Picard wetting himself over it, only to have Riker destroy it FOR THE WRONG REASON."

and

"destroying your Captains childhood dream?"

Both of which imply that Riker destroyed the ship (and not the "trap"). Not sure what the point of this thread is, since it was started under false assumptions/accusations.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
http://youtu.be/i55zheNcgLY?t=3m30s

Looks to me that Picard agrees with Riker.  He nodded when Riker specifically ordered torps on the cruiser.  Are we done here?

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »
Riker always irrated me, where to start:

He got the Enterprised captured by ferengis, luckly child Picard saved the day

He lost Geordi to space morons and struggled to outsmart the morons

He almost got the Enterprised captured with those brain washing gaming devices

He got himself captured while trying to look for who killed Picard

All he does is sit next to Picard on the bridge, any other ST series and the 1st officer is DOING SOMETHING, but noooo he doesn't

He got the Enterprise blown up by a outdated and severely out gunned Bird of Prey

I'm sure theres others that I can't think of at the moment, the only character I feel is more useless than him is Troi, but at least Troi is hot :hithead: Sorry for the rant, but man I just don't like Riker, no wonder he stayed commander for 9 years

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
he ordered the destruction of the TRAP, not the ship. He wanted the battlecruiser towed away.

no, he ordered the destruction of the ship, to prevent anyone else from falling into the same trap.  The Aceton Assimilators couldn't be destroyed.