Author Topic: Adding air venting in NanoFX?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
Adding air venting in NanoFX?
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »
OK!
I am in a happy mood. I have figured out why my NanoFX has been acting up and did a major fix :3. My TOS/TMP Private mod can be completed with the vast arsenal.
Now there is one thing missing. In terms of Bridge commander, The one thing I liked is when you hit the enemy ship at certain points it would start to vent out smoke "or Air". To me that shows a bit of realism. Problem is I looked in NanoFX's code and I see no code to add this in.
Now I would like to ask, is there a way to bring back the smoke without turning off NanoFX? Just the smoke is all I need.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Adding air venting in NanoFX?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
NanoFX has various modules, by shutting down you you mean completely shutting it down or just by shutting down a specific module of NanoFX?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »
meaning checking off nanoFX I have the standard smoke FX *you know like how Bridge commander ORIGINALLY had it. The explosions are okish but the air venting is realistic to me.*
I am wondering if there is a way to have the smoke effect with NanoFX on, That way I can have the best of both worlds?

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:33:11 AM »
IIRC, the vanilla BC smoke is attached to special smoke-emitters in the HP files -and most/all 'new' ships don't have those.
In theory (if this is indeed done via said emitters), you should be able to add these via the HP-editor to each ship you want to use it on.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 08:03:20 AM »
Nope, they do nothing at all ... BC has a lot of features that were never implemented but are editable in MPE, I thinkn it's part of stock explosions fx and is pretty random, air venting appears on all ships after you disable nanofx.

Dunno if i'm correct but smoke emiters were supposed to go in pair with spark emiters for bridge sets i think.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
Ah, learned something again
In this case I pretend to have said that it is likely either NanoFX's Explosion-fx or the Plasma venting capability that override this function. ;)
Each of those should allow to be disabled in the menu. (Plasma venting is located directly under 'special fx', according to the config-file)

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
Ah, learned something again
In this case I pretend to have said that it is likely either NanoFX's Explosion-fx or the Plasma venting capability that override this function. ;)
Each of those should allow to be disabled in the menu. (Plasma venting is located directly under 'special fx', according to the config-file)

That could be it. Truth be told I forgot, don't have BC anymore or any BC scripting resources anymore. However, if it's not that if you could post the nanofx configuration file then I might remember.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 11:52:56 PM »
Well that's a sad thing really. Tbh if you kept it this might be a good idea to look in to.

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 09:57:27 AM »
Since we are on the subject of damage effects, I was wondering if anyone had ever played with damage textures in multiplayer? Ship breaking apart and everything (like in quickbattle) Even if it's dev, if anything is out there I want to see it please (this is a plea to anyone and everyone)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
NanoFX damage works in MP but only in turkey shot mode, you can replace stock damage textures with the one from nanofx (tho stock animation is 4 maps, nanofx is about twice more but that doesn't mean you can't simply replace those maps)

Damage model doesn't change at all

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
I play TKY mode all the time, but the damage is not present nor does the model break apart. Thanks though.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »
Oh, that might be due to me not playing it for a long time, sorry ;) I was sure it's present in TKY ... now that I see MP, i can see no damage is present at all... it might be quite impossible to add the effect to MP