Author Topic: CIC for Battlestar  (Read 953 times)

Offline AdmiralWhite

• Cookies: 0
CIC for Battlestar
« on: March 10, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »
I finally added the BSG fleet pack as well as the Valkyrie  Battlestar. the question is now what is the appropriate bridge to use as the CIC. is the X303 bridge available? that bridge would be appropriate for the CIC.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: CIC for Battlestar
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »
I'm afraid there aren't any non-Trek bridges for BC, so the appropriate bridge is whatever you decide it to be.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 07:09:46 AM »
good point.  there were a couple non trek bridges in the works when the file crisis came up and not only quashed new material, but effectively signaled the bulk modder retirement.  besides, the only one I remember being near the release stage was an Imperial class star destroyer bridge.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 04:31:05 PM »
I'm afraid there aren't any non-Trek bridges for BC, so the appropriate bridge is whatever you decide it to be.

Well, there are three that I know of; the Star Wars ISD bridge, SG1 X303 and the Ori Bridge.

good point.  there were a couple non trek bridges in the works when the file crisis came up and not only quashed new material, but effectively signaled the bulk modder retirement.  besides, the only one I remember being near the release stage was an Imperial class star destroyer bridge.

I still have a copy of the IDS set with Bridge Crew. I don't think Baz would mind, if it was re-uploaded. :)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 05:37:26 PM »
would you be able to upload the SG1 X303 bridge?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
would you be able to upload the SG1 X303 bridge?

Sorry, Not at this time...

I was given the SG1 X303 & Ori sets by JB06 in 2012, to script for release. I'd just finished on the X303 set and bot scripts (animation still needs work). When I contacted the mesh author Limey98, just to secure the release permission. He said that he was not happy with the set mesh, and he wanted me too ask Lurok91 to redo the X303 mesh.

IMO, the few negative (If not bone headed) commentary on this link below, didn't help matters much. Sometime, I don't think people realized making odd-ball complaints, can turn off any modder from continuing a project. http://www.bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,9274.0.html

Though I did pass the sets over to Lurok91, I knew Lurok was "extremely" busy with real life & work; So, the sets were never developed from that point. Plus, JB06 moved over to Excalibur (hence why I got the sets in the first place).

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »
Wow the pics looks great, would've loved to see this in game.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »
Wow the pics looks great, would've loved to see this in game.

Well, never say never.  :D

I've been pretty busy with other projects of late. I'll contact JB06, to see what he thinks about it. I still have all the SG1 sets and unfinished uniforms. Scripting and debugging a BC bridge, is not for the faint of heart.

Don't know if you noticed? That is an active animated stargate network in those sample pics; with an active DHD interface (pointing at you Rob Archer)! :P

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »
I'll keep my hopes up

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
I'll give you a laugh, admril.  I was starting to contemplate a Protector bridge at one point.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
lol