Author Topic: Re: Late TNG Galaxy Bridge (Update)  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: Late TNG Galaxy Bridge (Update)
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:39:19 AM »
It would save people coming here b***hing and moaning that your bridge has overwrittten something that they didnt want overwritten. Its just to save on all the hassle.

I could script it as a seperate bridge for you if you like. I have a very basic understanding of how scripting works.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »
scripting a bridge to install as a separate bridge is easy...
scripting a separate Galaxy Bridge to have the Core working on it, as it does on the Late TNG Galaxy Bridge; that's seemingly more tricky...
i've been trying that myself, for my own install; to have different Galaxy Bridge retextures have the Core work on them as it does for the Late TNG Galaxy Bridge, and i can't seem to nail it...
the sidelights on the retextured bridges are always "on" (tho they do blink at red alert) and the vertical panels that show alert status near the turbolifts, those maps don't even seem to even load...  i've done everything i can think of, and in theory it should work... 
i'm missing something...  it's tricky lol

bsilver2988

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 06:17:50 PM »
did you recopy the file galaxybridgeadvanced.py in the scripts/Custom/autoload folder??

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:19:50 PM »
yep and made all the appropriate changes within that script to call for it's specific set folder and bridge script...

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »
theres no need to make it a seperate install, as long as you dont change it too much.. you are only adding mvam support and changing the roof colour at red alert really.

bsilver2988

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »
thats true.  thanks mark.  btw..any suggestions on how to make the g_imp_bluebars blink?? the way i'd expect it to work isnt doing nething.

bsilver2988

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 12:16:43 AM »
RELEASED!!  See first post.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 07:31:25 AM »
if you'd like this on BCFiles, i can get it up there today or tomorrow (at the latest)...
also i'm gonna move this thread to the Downloads Forum, since it is completed...  :)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
i dont particularly want the core beta being linked to from bcf, if i was ready for that i would release it...

updt: Ok ive changed the file description so theres no direct link to the beta, and Ive also made the deal clear with MVAM maps.

bsilver2988

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:37:50 PM »
ok mark that's fine.  would you rather we wait to put this on BCFiles until you release the final Core Gold 2.0??

Offline atomic danny

• Filefront - Network Admin
  • BCFiles Staff
  • Cookies: 19
    • Alienworlds UK Forums
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 06:57:57 AM »
the link to the file but i'm not sure if you will see it or not
http://www.bridgecommanderfiles.com/file/;77319
Danny
FileFront - Network Administrator
SG1 Files - Files Poster
GTA Files - Site Admin

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »
actually, that mod should be under Bridge Commander > Bridges > Bridge_Plugin > Sets:, shouldnt it?

bsilver2988

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »
yea..and it will be..right now it's not under anything...cause it's blocked on the site...

Offline atomic danny

• Filefront - Network Admin
  • BCFiles Staff
  • Cookies: 19
    • Alienworlds UK Forums
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
Its under those headings, you just can't see it :)

The Filefront Download Link (where the actual download is located)

http://files.filefront.com/late+tng+galaxy+bridge+update/;7081932;/fileinfo.html
Danny
FileFront - Network Administrator
SG1 Files - Files Poster
GTA Files - Site Admin

bsilver2988

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
lol ok i'm just curious...who put it up on the featured files list when it can't be downloaded??  I appreciate the recognition tho thanks :)

Offline crazyhid

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 09:18:37 AM »
this is a great mod, but is it possible, to use a blue alert klaxon, when it separates, or is this not possible ? it would be cool if we could go into, Blue and gray mode on voyager bridge too !!!! :D also when i separate now i dont get the cut scene separting... it stays together but then when i manually engage impulse, it separates, But then when i reinegratem the cut scene happens ..... thank god, i dont think id be very good at a manual saucer reintagration !!! lol

bsilver2988

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
it automatically triggers blue alert when you separate..thats what i scripted in...

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »
and in any MVAM ship, it should play the alert-klaxon when hitting the MVAM option in Saffi's menu...

also when i separate now i dont get the cut scene separting... it stays together but then when i manually engage impulse, it separates, But then when i reinegratem the cut scene happens ..... thank god, i dont think id be very good at a manual saucer reintagration !!! lol
perhaps you should start a thread in the Tech Support Forum, and include the console report...