Author Topic: Power systems from startrek  (Read 1992 times)

Offline hellewellth

• Cookies: 0
Power systems from startrek
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:23:50 PM »
All of the information i have read from "Star trek the Magazine" says that federation phasers receive power from the impulse reactors, not the warp core.

i was hoping someone could create a script that could recognize a ship with several power systems onboard and combine the power from all of them and use the conduit capacity settings from the one set as Primary. so if you eject the "warp core" you still have power like on star trek insurrection.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Re: Power systems from startrek
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 05:12:58 AM »
Quote from: hellewellth
All of the information i have read from "Star trek the Magazine" says that federation phasers receive power from the impulse reactors, not the warp core.

i was hoping someone could create a script that could recognize a ship with several power systems onboard and combine the power from all of them and use the conduit capacity settings from the one set as Primary. so if you eject the "warp core" you still have power like on star trek insurrection.

Easely doable dude, with two warp core properties in the HP ;)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline hellewellth

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »
i have tried adding a secont warp core and the ship uses the one set a Primary.

Offline Revan999

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:19:26 PM »
I think you want something like the ablity to control the power settings like in Klingon Academy, so that you have the power from the impulse engenes and also full control of where the power from the warp core goes. Sadly I have not seen anyone try to go that far into making scripts and such for the power settings besides the simple power control mod. It's not bad but it's not as indept as I would of hoped.
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 03:27:12 PM »
THe problem is that all power is set from the Warp Core property. So if the core is ejected you lose all your power sources. I'd hope it would be possible to script it so that some power can be derived from fusion reactors and or the impulse subsystem.

As has been mentioned, I understand the phasers normally draw their power from here anyway, but having a routable power net would be useful.