• Cookies: 5
LAME!
« on: May 05, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »
Seems I have to have a 64bit OS to run Zbrush2(and most likely 3 aswell)..lol

look at this link:

http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=44307

and then the system requirements for version 2:

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=70

my computer OWNS the system requirements yet I cant do the things in the first link without the program going nutz on me..because I can only use 2gigs of ram because im using a 32bit OS..

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
Re: LAME!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:21:57 AM »
What does this have to do with posting other artworks besides BC mods on this forum?

Offline BES

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »
Its a like a highly advanced paint program that people can do art with...I was trying to modify one of my Wing Commander ships with it because you can import models into it and increase their poly and do high detail modifications..thats why I posted it here its related to art..

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »
Its a like a highly advanced paint program that people can do art with...I was trying to modify one of my Wing Commander ships with it because you can import models into it and increase their poly and do high detail modifications..thats why I posted it here its related to art..

By what you posted, not only increase the poly but throw it to the moon.
Zbrush seems to deal with thousands of polies, which just do not fit the limitations of a game engine.
Better stick with some easier tools (facegen modeller as an example)

Offline BES

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:07:15 AM »
Well im doing 2 projects atm...1 is a Wing Commander mod and the other is a game...so im doing high poly ones for the game to see how well Nanos new graphics engine can handle it(yes ill be using Nanos graphics engine for the game,when its finished).

I just got mad cause the system requirements they say to run Zbrush2 is not accurate at all,they say it can do very high polys but I wasnt even close to zbrush 2s max because of a memory limitation supposidly due to my 32bit OS..

But I will not bother with the poly count at this time and try to do details in my models a different way..the alien ships will be hard to do though without using it..

Pegasus

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »
Seems I have to have a 64bit OS to run Zbrush2(and most likely 3 aswell)..lol

look at this link:

http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=44307

and then the system requirements for version 2:

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=70

my computer OWNS the system requirements yet I cant do the things in the first link without the program going nutz on me..because I can only use 2gigs of ram because im using a 32bit OS..

PC Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro (Windows 64 bit is not recommended at this time)

Did you even read the article.... it says you do NOT need it.... :?

Offline BES

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »
Yeah..thats what I mean,the system requirements say that im fine and dont need to run an uber 64 bit system...

But when you set up Zbrush it wants you to pick multithreading if you have a dual core system,and increase your memory settings if you have 2gigs or more,but I didnt hear anything about a 64bit OS being required....

I thought 32bit windows had a 4gig limit per program..not 4gigs total / 2gigs per program..
but they failed to mention that.

So technically 64bit OS is needed if you have 4gigs or more of ram and a dual core cpu in order to get the full features out of Zbrush2..and now they are coming out with version 3..and I bet they will say the same about the system requirements..instead of what it really needs to run properly.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:24:40 AM »
I dont think vista 64bit properly supports more then 4gb of ram at the moment anyways, Im sure I have read that somewhere

Offline BES

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
Microshaft failed to mention on the box(it says 64bit and 32bit) that if you buy any Vista OS and its not the Ultimate, you get the 32bit version..unless you go to a website and pay $17 more to order a 64bit version using your 32bit CD key..

I bought a new one to get the 64bit version($98 upgrade from winXP) because it said 64bit and 32bit, when I opened it I was like WTF! when it said it was only the 32bit install..

Just so I could use Zbrush 3 to its full ability..lol

Supposidly 64Bit Vista supports 128gigs of ram...according to this link...

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=474290&SiteID=17

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »
Supposidly 64Bit Vista supports 128gigs of ram...according to this link...
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=474290&SiteID=17
WTFF? (yeah, two F's)
128 GIGS?
dude, even the most advanced processors can't support 10 Gigs of ram without having compatibility problems.... and it's known that always the hardware is most advanced than the software (y'know, if a programmer makes a code to be tested in a 5 Ghz processor, where would he test it?)
XP was (I think) designed to support up to 4 Gigs of ram. that was ok when XP came out, where most of processors where pentiums of roughly 1.8 GHz with up to 2 Gigs of ram.
and now Vista makes the big jump up to 128 Gigs?????? something might be wrong.....

EDIT: 1- yep, XP was made to adress up to 4 Gigs.
        2- if you calculate: 2^32bits == 4 GB. that's ok.
                                   2^64bits == (4 GB)^2 == 16 GB. that's != 128 GB.

Offline BES

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
I dont plan on going over 6gigs, my motherboard supports  8 gigs if I use 2gig mem sticks.

I just want to hit Zbrush 3's 1billion poly limit because if you make a lower qua model from it it will look better.

Yeah I dont know how Vista is supposed to support that much ram...but thats what it says..

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »
Never believe on what microsoft says.. hehehe

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 11:49:01 AM »
too true...

Offline BES

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 01:57:08 PM »
Now it doesnt even matter since pixologic went all wierd on everyone an made Zbrush3 32bit instead of both.. they said it will still run on a 64bit OS and it will utilize the higher memory that 64bit uses so dont worry about it..and they dont plan on making the 64bit one ..lol.

Then why the hell did they make a 64bit Zbrush 2 version?..alot of people are mad at them about it..

Offline BES

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:50 AM »
HAHA, all that fuss about Zbrush3 and it wont even run on my 64 bit Vista...I get an error when trying to start the program and it crashes...then they wont even answer me when I put in a support request about it..

Supposidly the program works...