Author Topic: New Canon Voyager Crew and Uniform Mod - (BETA COMPLETE)  (Read 18005 times)

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
New Canon Voyager Crew and Uniform Mod - (BETA COMPLETE)
« on: June 07, 2007, 06:06:43 AM »
I've been meaning to do these for a while, but since i've had exams i stopped all bc work. right so far i'v only done the bridge crew with my custom heads for the collar. if there is enough interest in the uniforms i will release it with the collars for the default heads.

only started last night and taken literally an hour or so yo do.

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
Re: New Canon Voyager Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:10:46 AM »
Wow nice work man!

Chakotay and B?elana look so awesome...
Paris? mouth is a bit too small I think and Tuvok has a very big nose, but the overall look of the new crew is very good. - have you also renamed them & added new speech ? (maybe you could use quotations from the voy series.)

One thing that is still missing are the collar badges - have you planned on adding them or have you left them out on purpose?

The uniforms are great as well - but why not release them with your new crew?

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:43:38 AM »
well b'elana and tuvok i didn't make they were on bcfiles. the b'elana was originally meant for helm on bcfiles but i put her to engineering. i found the kim texture on one of the extra males so i put that texture on ops.

paris is still a work in progress and im thinking of creating my own tuvok as i do agree with you. i've started to rename them and added some speech, but bc needs the mp3's at a certain frequency and frankly i haven't had the time to change it. but now i have the time i hope to finish that off.

as for the pips on the collar i've already done it for kim, but for chakotay and paris the texture for the collar is wrapped around the neck so i wasn't able to put them on for them. same thing happened for b'elana and tuvok. i've just got 3ds max so im planning on changing the body models.

initially at this stage i was just going to release the uniforms as i've encountered some problems changing the helm from female to male and engineering from male to female. the scripts for all the bridges need to be changed as for some strange reason the extra crew jump right infront of me when the ship is hit by a torpedo.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 12:09:08 PM »
Update: i've closed the gap at the top of the uniform and made it a little longer. if you don't have a clue what i'm talking about compare these with the last.

Also tweeked tuvoks model, created new textures for him and made toms mouth bigger incase i eventually release the head.

what  do you guys think on the retexture of the uniforms and tuvok?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:35:43 PM »
much much better Tuvok!!  the other one just looked wrong lol
the uniforms are much better also - altho one slight nit-pick i think would be that the right-side corner of the shirt (just under the chin) seems just a tad bit higher than the left...  its not that a big of a deal tho really...

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
Your Voyager crew looks nice. You might want to even out the skin tones by darkening them just a bit. But, I would suggest you use another Head .NIF for Paris, besides Felix's. Perhaps Miguel's Head .NIF or Data's. -BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
Thanks BR32 for the advice. tried another head, the miguel head just looked damn stupid. the data head i thought looked better so theres an update for paris.

i also evened out the skin tone for paris, and i tried for tuvok but i do not think it looks anygood.

Opinions please.
the new evened out skin tone for tuvok or the old one before i evened the skin tone out.

the tuvok evened out skin tone still needs work, but it gives a general idea.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
The gold shoulders on Tuvok look a little too deep (from the bottom of his chin to the top of the black bit on the uniform). You may want to raise the height of the black bit but not too much.

Just an opinion.

Also the 'V' bit at the top of where the zippers usually are on yor uniforms looks a little narrow. You may want to widen them just a tad.

Not the best way to explain it but I couldnt come up with anything better. LOL.

Also, I think Commander Graffs head model would be better for your Tom Paris body. I dont remember Toms head being quite so 'wide' in the series. LOL.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »
to which paris are you referring to the lastest one or the previous one?

and i also noticed that problem on tuvok. thanks much appreciated

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »
to which paris are you referring to the lastest one or the previous one?

and i also noticed that problem on tuvok. thanks much appreciated

The latest one. The texture is good it just looks like his head has swollen. LOL. Graffs head is thinner so that might look better for your latest Tom Paris.

Also, one tiny little nitpick I noticed on all previously released Voyager uniforms. The comm badge. It always appears to be too large with blurry edges. It might just be me but I'll leave you to ponder over that one.

Is this mod going to mutator controlled or controlled thought the BPUniforms Plugin? (not released, ask Mark or Mleo).

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »
ok thanks i will try grafts head when i get back from the pub.

i've also noticed that the comm badges are normally large on the previous versions, but i didn't think the ones i put one are that bad. they might be a tad blurry round th edges but i dont think that they are too large. il do a comparision shot of the lod and new. see what you think.

well until bpuniforms comes out i will put it as mutator control, but when it does come out ill change it to the plugin.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
For the comm badges, I was thinking that they would look perfect if you made them the same size as these ones,

but obviously they would be the Voyager color scheme, which is different to the First Contact/Nemesis badges but only slightly.

It may sort out the blurryness aswell if/when you make the badges smaller. But then again, it may not. Again, Ill let you decide.

Picture is from the Klapaucius5691 First Contact uniform retexture mod.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:34 PM »
Ok i taken SuperSmegs advice and changed the badge and the collar width so here are the updates.

i've also done afew touches up on tuvok

any better?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »
im not sure, but it almost looks like tuvok has ridges on his forehead? its tough to see, and it might just be me or my monitor... 
but overall - you are making really good and swift progress!!  :)  rock on!

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 05:51:10 PM »
im not sure, but it almost looks like tuvok has ridges on his forehead? its tough to see, and it might just be me or my monitor... 
but overall - you are making really good and swift progress!!  :)  rock on!

well i can't see anything. heres the texture so you can double check lol.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »
 :dancebig

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
well i can't see anything. heres the texture so you can double check lol.
no i think youre right...  its prolly just me, no worries :) 

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »
ok just figured out that commander graffs NIF head is actually miguels and i tried that before. and lets just say it wasnt pretty so i will have to stick with the original

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
ok just figured out that commander graffs NIF head is actually miguels and i tried that before. and lets just say it wasnt pretty so i will have to stick with the original

Fair enough. I wonder why I never noticed that before?

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »
Ok far i've now done the new uniforms in red, gold and teal. should i now start on admirals? but i cannot recollect them wearing anything like the voyager uniform. anyways i will leave it upto you in a poll