Author Topic: BC doesn't start anymore  (Read 2582 times)

Captain_Sisko

BC doesn't start anymore
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:51:21 PM »
Hi everybody,

i have a problem with my BC Game and I hope you're able to help me:

I have modded much today, installed 3 bridges worked and added also some maps which all worked until my game crashed. Now when I start BC, a little white square appears on my desktop and i can see BC in the task line but the game doesn't start. Do you have any help you can give me? I don't want to reinstall but to get my game working.

Thank you for all help you can give to me!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BC doesn't start anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:55:17 PM »
Try deleting your options.cfg. You will have to set all your settings again when you start up.

I admit, I haven't heard of such an error before, but it may just help to do the above in this type of case.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
well, ok that doesn't fix the problem, i think, i have to uninstall  :( At least i know whose of those mods and addons are relyable. Nevertheless thanks!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »
Did you install anything else (doesn't have to be BC related) before the crash?

Also, when did the crash happen?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »
No, i don't remember anything installed after the crash, it was nearly 3 hours ago and everything worked until the game went back to windows and disappeared from the task line
when i now start BC i can find the stbc process in the task manager

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 06:09:04 AM »
i reinstalled BC some minutes ago and now the game stays at this and doesn't continue: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9213/bcproblemmk1.png

what shall i do?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »
After a complete reinstallation BC itself works perfectly but no bridge or mod even the 1.1 patch isn't working and a reinstallation after that doesn't help me anyway so if anyone has had this problem before: help me please

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »
ever tried to restart your pc?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »
of course but no change

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
humm, err, that's the SETUP screen.
what program are you running?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »
I don't understand that! What do you mean?

startrekw_george

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »
what, so you reinstalled BC and now you can't get it to install 1.1 patch and whatnot? am i understanding this correctly because if that is the case then i think your OS is having a problem with BC, what OS are you running?, XP, Vista.... Linux.......

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 08:37:21 AM »
Well, I reinstalled BC completely and deleted all patches and mods i had installed and started the fresh BC but it always stops at the loading screen and nothing happens since then. I'm using XP and some days before i had some mods installed and BC worked perfectly. Thaks for any help.

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »

actualization:

I deleted all Files related to BC and reinstalled. The game worked perfectly but trying to add any ship or any bridge doesn't work. Can you help?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »
You did install the Foundation?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »
Yes, i installed Foundation and Nano FX 2.0, then some ships worked but only those which were a mutator, the other weren't displayed!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »
Which mutators are on?

I take it you activated atleast the first 3?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »
The "stock" mutators (stock ships,..) are on an also one with the TOS crew and a mutator for Nano FX 2.0

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »
Then which ships have a mutator?

Captain_Sisko

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
the stock ships and extra ships (MVAM Prometheus, improved Galaxy) have mutators