Author Topic: XBOX 360 Controller Stops BC From Loading  (Read 721 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
XBOX 360 Controller Stops BC From Loading
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »
So I have just downloaded and installed some software from Microsoft that lets you use the XBOX 360 controller on a Windows XP based PC. When I try to load up BC, the game starts loading but then minimises to the Windows taskbar. It doesnt load at all. Everytime I click on the bar fro BC on the desktop taskbar, it makes BC full size for a little while but then minimizes to the taskbar again. Its like a BSOD but without the cursor.

It happens on all my PC games but BC is the only one that stops loading after clicking its bar on the desktop taskbar.

Help.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: XBOX 360 Controller Stops BC From Loading
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »
It always appeared to be that you could just plug the controller in (ie. XNA).

Ok, you said all games minimize themselves with the controller plugged in and software installed?
Strange, sounds to me like a driver bug of sorts, I suggest you search (and ask) at the Microsoft Support website, since minimizing windows isn't exactly what ought to happen.

Btw, BC can't make use of gamepads (atleast, not that I remember, though some synaps' are firing that Defiant made something for that).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.