Author Topic: Enterprise B bridge retexture  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Enterprise B bridge retexture
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »
Hi !
I decided to temporarily leave ships retextures and get my hands on bridges, first will be Enterprise B bridge cuz it looks (no offense 3rd era Crew) a little outdated and definitely too bright also I wanted to focus on TMP LCARS(or whatever they should be named) screens and give them more Generations look.

so far I changed overall lighting on the bridge and toned down brown and blue colors on walls, removed and replaced some displays and little surprise :D added red carpet by altering floor lighting :D

take a look and give every opinion you like

intrepid90

Re: Enterprise B bridge retexture
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:49:51 PM »
hmm that looks delicious!!!

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
Much more colorful.

Glad to have another bridge re-texturer to swap files and fun with!

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
looks fly!

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:01 PM »
Glad to have another bridge re-texturer to swap files and fun with!
indeed!!  i can never say enough that there can be no such thing as too many different bridge retextures...  the more the merrier!  :D 

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »
cuz it looks (no offense 3rd era Crew) a little outdated and definitely too bright

None taken, we did little more then package and release it. As for what you're doing, its a nice idea, but I definately have some pointers for you if you are interested:

• You have gone too dark with the colours of the okudagrams, the blues should not be that deep or dark, I would also consider reducing the saturation.
  • The idea of using the floor LM to add colour patches is something I have seen before but you have to be careful about texture resolutions, the stock texture is already 1024x1024, and I wouldnt advise pushing it much over that
  • The red patches on the floor look cool, but in the film it was just red carpet for the guests.. I dont think it would be a permenant feature
  • The panels next to the doors (i think theyre off the miranda bridge?) are LCARS. On the miranda I wanted them to look like early implementations of the system from TNG but in this context they are about 100 years before their time.
  • The doors (again from the miranda?) are cool but you could make them more canon without too much effort, also the blue should be more of a teal colour
  • The running lights under the viewscreen (from the enterprise a) are incorrect, in the film it was a kind of blue bar with light pulsing through it
  • The "light pole" at the front should have an orange light in it, similar to the one on the enterprise a

Overall I like it, but if you are striving for a canon look there is definately more you can do, be sure to check out trek cores screencaps of generations for some extra help, I will attach some of the better pics.

Those are the best.. good luck and have fun!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »
Wow thanks Mark I'll try to do my best follow your tips.
yeah most of details like door panels, doors and lights under view screen are not finished cuz I just took some parts of miranda and ent-a bridges cuz they were more accurate
I'm using trek core screencaps for reference and there were few pics with very intense blue on displays but yeah will lighten them a little :)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
if you are adding the red carpet, you might as well use BP to add a few chairs.  oh and if you need any more photos, I have the DVD.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »
actually I would add some additional chairs but I can't edit bridge models in milkshape so any help would be very appreciate, I have DVD too and work mostly with it and trek core.

displays are now desaturated also doors and door panels are changed to more canon
next I planed to lighten brown colors and then fill walls with the rest of displays

take a look

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »
Can we see pics of the model instead of shots from the film :P LOL j/k! That is amazing!
MUSE!!!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
Some models could use changing (IE doors and chairs) but its a brilliant retexture. Nice job.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 04:46:49 AM »
if you are just wanting to make small changes you can use nifskope, but be careful to make backups because its very easy to corrupt the nif. I would offer to make changes on the base max file but sadly it was lost a long time ago - otherwise I would have made alot of changes before release :P

Your okudagram colours look very much better, the doors are also much more canon but try scaling the labels a little smaller on the x axis (they look a bit too wide).

if you need any help with the model, or textures, or getting some nice screenies - just gimme a shout.

Nice work

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
Ok so I've changed browns a bit and added some patterns on door walls then I'll add it to doors and make them more teal and lighten those blue panels under displays. Floor is still bare - I'm looking for nice carpet map that will fit the best.

if you need any help with the model, or textures, or getting some nice screenies - just gimme a shout.

I would be pleased if you could add those chairs everytime I try to edit NIF the effects are at least scary :)

here's small update on walls:

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »
you don't need to edit the model, all you need to do is use BP

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 01:58:54 PM »
you don't need to edit the model, all you need to do is use BP

Depends what you are wanting to change, if you just want to add chairs then yes you can do that using BP - but you could also merge the nifs with nifskope (a cleaner option)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »
ok double post here cuz I can't edit previous post :?

So displays are applied, almost everything done

now I have to wait for those chairs... hope they'll arrive till tuesday  :P and also have to find a better floor pattern and light under viewscreen.

any opinions (please be harsh on the textures cuz I want them as canon as possible)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »
That's bloody amazing.  I could spend hours looking at all the little details.
Amazing, keep up the excellent work there Bones.  :D

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
Very, very nice. Be sure to let us know when it's released!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »
Very cool. Although, I also think that the red carpet should go since it was only put down for when the guests of honor (Kirk, Chekov and Scotty) arrived. Meaning that, it wasnt a permanent feature.

Other then that, awesome. Who did you get to do new chairs then?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 03:22:39 AM »
hm the red carpet ? this bridge was meant to recreate generations as much as possible including guest chairs and red carpet :)

I hope Mark will find some spare time to add some chairs  :D