Author Topic: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 53969 times)

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
RE: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #680 on: March 09, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
That's the thing... The filming had already concluded on Episode 20 (final episode), before the announcement of cancellation. So the show will literally end on a cliffhanger, if it's absolutely impossible to renew it. With actors being moved over to other acting jobs, I doubt we'll see a continuation, much less likely any SGU movies.

Actually, the writers are hopeful for a film. MGM still love Stargate, even if SyFy don't.
MUSE!!!

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #681 on: March 09, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
Actually, the writers are hopeful for a film. MGM still love Stargate, even if SyFy don't.

Only time will tell. MGM also promised the SG-fans both a 3rd SG-1 movie, and an SGA movie. Both of which are now definitely shelved.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #682 on: March 15, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »
Just wanna remind the US people at these forums, that Stargate Universe airs on Mondays. As many as possible -need- to watch the show these next few weeks, if there is gonna be ANY possibility of a 3rd season, or a movie.

I know i've been mostly critical of the show in the past (I still find most of Season 1 appauling), but Season 2 has been like a total reversal for me. The first 10 Season 2 episodes were all largely very good, except for the imho senseless killing of Ginn after building up the relationship she had with Eli, and making viewers care for the character. Since SGU's return (On Mondays), both episodes so far have been FAR above my expectations during Season 1, and I dare say it, among the best episodes of the series. Now i'm actually HOPING for a continuation, especially after the events of tonights episode, which opened up quite a few possibilities, and a bit of new "questions" as to what may come.

My views on SGU from the get-go, were probably colored by the cancellation of Atlantis, a show which I greatly enjoyed. The only reason I kept watching "Stargate" was because of the promise of future Atlantis movies. As of now, all Stargate movie plans are currently on hold, but I'm holding out slight hope that the show might still get some form of continuation. Even if some of the SGU actors have already begun on other projects.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #683 on: March 15, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
well said darkthunder

Anyways I thought this was a good episode, went against a couple of my expectations, a few nice suprises, I liked it alot. Its a shame this show may go the way of firefly though

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #684 on: March 17, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
I am... So, SO confused right now. Rush was acting weird toward the end of the last episode, and the most recent one only left me scratching my head moreso. That said, it was brilliant. [Spoiler] When Future Rush pushed Telford I freaked out! As soon as they mentioned Telford being back on Earth I'm kind of thinking it was all to balance out the paradox, but still... What has my scratching my head is the little conversation at the very end. [Spoiler] Anyone catch Brodys Trek reference in the episode? Cookie to the first one to point it out.

All in all, I agree with Dark entirely. While I enjoyed S1 myself, Season 2 really seems to have found its stride. The show has gotten orders of magnitude more intense and captivating, we're going to need all the fans for the remaining episodes...

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline genty

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #685 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
I'm guessing it's this line
'I don't know, things that make it go?'  :funny

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #686 on: March 17, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
I'm guessing it's this line
'I don't know, things that make it go?'  :funny

Cookied. Laughed out loud when he said it. Had just watched the Pak'led episode on TV a few hours before.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #687 on: March 22, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »
surprised no one commented on this weeks ep.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #688 on: March 22, 2011, 11:24:58 PM »
its recorded, I just haven't had time to watch it yet, I think I may go right now a watch it

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #689 on: March 29, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »
Hope was a good episode I think, very cool A and B plots and McCay is guest staring next week!!! It was a serious episode that didn't really push the serious to hard, I don't think its the best episode but it felt solid

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #690 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Also Spracht Zarathustra is awesome, and the way they used it sent shivers down my spine, and then made me laugh out loud.

Very enjoyable episode and the return of a certain recurring character has a friend of mine over the moon.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #691 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
I love SGU.  I was appalled to learn of its cancellation a couple months ago.  I've found it to be a breath of fresh air for the Stargate universe (no pun intended), after the snooze-fest that Atlantis became.  It will be quite sad when it ends, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it in the mean time!

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #692 on: May 10, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
This show was really getting good, I really didn't like the ending, but I know its all they could work with and all. I really don't know what else to say, its a real shame

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #693 on: May 10, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
When 'Enterprise' went off the air back in 2005, atleast I/we had Stargate to watch (at the time, SG-1/SGA). Now that 'SGU' goes off the air, what do we have? Nothing... :(
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #694 on: May 10, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
Am I the only one who got a little choked up with the music at the end of the last episode, and the scenes of Destiny going dark and Eli standing there alone? (I've only seen the last couple episodes of this season, which means I'll have to Netflix it, lol...I think the last five episodes of season 2 are still unavailable as of yet.)
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #695 on: May 10, 2011, 11:54:47 PM »
Am I the only one who got a little choked up with the music at the end of the last episode, and the scenes of Destiny going dark and Eli standing there alone? (I've only seen the last couple episodes of this season, which means I'll have to Netflix it, lol...I think the last five episodes of season 2 are still unavailable as of yet.)

Yea that part was good, but it feels so unresolved, and I know they planned a movie, but they annouced that isn't happening either, it sucks

Yea there isn't much, well at least BSG is coming to the BBC, at least I can watch that from the begining, I never saw the begining, and damn scifi doesn't do reruns like normal networks

Offline limey BSc.

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #696 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
Yea that part was good, but it feels so unresolved, and I know they planned a movie, but they annouced that isn't happening either, it sucks

Yea there isn't much, well at least BSG is coming to the BBC, at least I can watch that from the begining, I never saw the begining, and damn scifi doesn't do reruns like normal networks

They'll be edited down to 30 minutes though.
MUSE!!!

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
I never saw the begining, and damn scifi doesn't do reruns like normal networks

I noticed that both SyFayl and BBC America have been running episodes of TNG these last few months.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #698 on: May 11, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
It sucks that, now when the show is finally becoming more "Stargate" (compared to the BSG-drama of season 1), they closed it down. Most of season 2 had alot of great episodes (including the finale).

The one thing i'm glad about, is that it ended in such a way to leave it completely open for a possible continuation in a few years.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »
If you ask me, SGU had the kind of finale BSG should have had. Elegant, beautiful, and sombre.

And they didn't even know they were writing a finale!

Well, at least even if it doesn't get renewed somehow (like when the Syfy channel execs who cancelled it stop taking so many Stupid Pills), It now has an amazingly unorthodox TV finale that works to end the series with at least some sense of completeness.

I found it really lovely, and it might just be a better piece of Science Fiction for having been cancelled. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!