Author Topic: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 54831 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
RE: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
Wow.  Nice find!  Yea, that pod is definitely not of Ancient design.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
If had to guess, I'd say that pod looks distinctly Asgard-esque.  :D

Anyway, does anyone know why 'Air' parts 1, 2 and 3 are not avaliable for HD download in the UK iTunes store? I really want to see some HD Stargate for a change.  :D
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
If had to guess, I'd say that pod looks distinctly Asgard-esque.  :D

Anyway, does anyone know why 'Air' parts 1, 2 and 3 are not avaliable for HD download in the UK iTunes store? I really want to see some HD Stargate for a change.  :D

Conversion to HD PAL format probably isn't easy.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
We don't get it in HD here in Canada either on iTunes.. Well not last week anyways. I'll check later.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Bring on Ep 4, I'm hooked!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2009, 11:04:10 AM »
Bring on Ep 4, I'm hooked!

Yeah, my initial misgiving have so far proved erroneous.
MUSE!!!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
Keno's.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »
Keno's.

Kino

Still don't like them. Everything else about the show is great.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
well this SGU is on a roll!!!
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »
If had to guess, I'd say that pod looks distinctly Asgard-esque.  :D
Looks a lot like Wraith tech to me, though I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

Keno's.

Kino

Still don't like them. Everything else about the show is great.
Really?  I like them!  They're cute.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #391 on: October 20, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
Haven't watched 'Darkness' (SGU season 1, ep. 4) yet so forgive me if this has by any chance, been addressed in the episode, but I saw in a few pictures that some of the Ancient controls have labels next to them with their english translations, placed there by the people currently trapped on-board the Destiny.

My question relates to the communication stones. What is the range on them? Also, everytime they are used on the Destiny, the user seems to occupy whoever is in that room in the Pentagon just like what happened with Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran in 'Avalon Pt. 2' (SG1 season 9, ep. 2) and then again with Jennifer Keller and Neeva Casol in 'Identiity' (SGA season 5, ep. 18).

To further stretch the point, why doesn't someone use a communication stone to connect to whoever is in that room at the Pentagon at the time, get the person who is using the stone to get Daniel Jackson to the Pentagon, then re-establish contact when Daniel is sitting in that room at the Pentagon, transporting Daniels consciousness to the Destiny so that he could do some translating and help the crew?

I know, series wise, Cooper and Wright don't really want lengthy crossovers into SGU, but, character wise, it would be pretty stupid for the people trapped on the Destiny to not at least try.

lol, tired fingers.  :D

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #392 on: October 20, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
There has been no estabilished distance limit to the communication stones. One could assume it can atleast traverse the distance of multiple galaxies (as seen from the Destiny's starchart of it's travel from the Milky Way galaxy).

Granted you have a point: Just get Carter, McKay and Daniel in the Pentagon, connect 3 stones from the Destiny to the Pentagon, and wham... got the 3 best scientists (incl Daniel) working on fixing the Destiny, translating all the ancient text and so on and so forth. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I have no doubt one or more of them will appear on the show at some point. IMDB lists 4 entries on Michael Shanks for appearing in SGU, and he has thus far only appeared (briefly) in the first two episodes. Richard Dean Anderson also has atleast 3 more appearances on SGU according to IMDB.

One thing confused me about the pilot episode... We know Rush used the communication stones to "link" with Dr Lee back at the Pentagon (Why Lee is at the Pentagon now, instead of the SGC I dunno)... But, why didn't we see "Lee" walking around on the Destiny after Rush linked with him?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #393 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »
There has been no estabilished distance limit to the communication stones. One could assume it can atleast traverse the distance of multiple galaxies (as seen from the Destiny's starchart of it's travel from the Milky Way galaxy).

Granted you have a point: Just get Carter, McKay and Daniel in the Pentagon, connect 3 stones from the Destiny to the Pentagon, and wham... got the 3 best scientists (incl Daniel) working on fixing the Destiny, translating all the ancient text and so on and so forth. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I have no doubt one or more of them will appear on the show at some point. IMDB lists 4 entries on Michael Shanks for appearing in SGU, and he has thus far only appeared (briefly) in the first two episodes. Richard Dean Anderson also has atleast 3 more appearances on SGU according to IMDB.

One thing confused me about the pilot episode... We know Rush used the communication stones to "link" with Dr Lee back at the Pentagon (Why Lee is at the Pentagon now, instead of the SGC I dunno)... But, why didn't we see "Lee" walking around on the Destiny after Rush linked with him?

Considering that we don't even know how long Rush was 'linked' to Lee, its quite possible that Lee was just waiting for the link to be broken. Meaning, his level of interaction on-board the Destiny while linked, wouldn't have been very high. Maybe he was in shock by the fact that he had just switched bodies with someone on-board an Ancient ship half a universe away, lol.

I know that Lee knows how the stones work, but knowing how they work, and actually experiencing it first hand would, I imagine, be a little creepy at first.

I also have a possible theory why the SGC isn't in SGU. Because the SGC was located under N.O.R.A.D., and since SGU is set in 2009 (so we assume), and N.O.R.A.D. has supposdly closed down (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/28/AR2006072801617.html), it could've been written into SGU that the SGC closed down along with N.O.R.A.D. in Cheyenne Mountain, there-by meaning that all stargate-related operations would've been moved to the next highest level facility in the US, being the Pentagon since Area 51 wass kamikazed by a couple of Wraith darts in 'Enemy At The Gate' (SGA, season 5, ep. 20).

Area 51 would've otherwise been a perfect place for the SGC if it hadn't been severly comprimised.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #394 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »
Another idea could be that Atlantis is still on Earth (perhaps permanently). Thereby not having a need for 2 stargates (since one would always be primary), perhaps the SGC was closed down, and the IOA elected to make the Atlantis base the new base of operations for all things related to the Stargate. General O'Neill as far as I know is still in charge of Homeworld Security (unofficial name ofcourse), and this department is likely housed at the Pentagon.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2009, 06:11:17 AM »
Another idea could be that Atlantis is still on Earth (perhaps permanently). Thereby not having a need for 2 stargates (since one would always be primary), perhaps the SGC was closed down, and the IOA elected to make the Atlantis base the new base of operations for all things related to the Stargate. General O'Neill as far as I know is still in charge of Homeworld Security (unofficial name ofcourse), and this department is likely housed at the Pentagon.

One could argue though, that Atlantis would have to be permanently cloaked for this to make sense. It did land failrly close near the Golden Gate Bridge so it would be hard to otherwise miss it.

Its more likely that all stargate-related operations are based at the Pentagon. Maybe even Earths stargate is there somewhere. It would be good for plausible deniability.

There are 2 things, maybe 3, that could have happened with Atlantis:

1. It is still floating near San Fransisco, while cloaked.

2. Somehow, power was restored for a limited time, enableing someone to be able to fly Atlantis somewhere temporally, possibly the moon, with its shields up, untill full power can be restored in order to send it back to the Pegasus Galaxy.

or

3. Full power was somehow restored already and the 'wormhole drive (SG translation of Deus Ex Machina, lol  :funny )' was used to send Atlantis back to Pegasus quickly.

Point is, it makes more sense to have all stargate-related operations continue from the Pentagon.

Offline limey BSc.

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #396 on: October 21, 2009, 06:30:09 AM »
Or perhaps the SGC set was dismantled and they simply decided to use the Pentagon instead :P
MUSE!!!

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #397 on: October 21, 2009, 06:31:58 AM »
Or perhaps the SGC set was dismantled and they simply decided to use the Pentagon instead :P

Were being geeks here. Let us have our moment, lol.  :P

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #398 on: October 21, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
The SGC Set is still standing I believe, its still dressed as Icarus base though.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
I think Light was a damn good episode, I think Rush is putting on a "I know everything" face when he really doesn't I think he expected Destiny to do something, but I don't think we sure till it acctually happened. I kinda like the who Cloe love triangle side plot, eventhough I'm not a big fan of love triangle stuff in scifi, but I'm keeping a open mind to it all. I find it funny Matt is off screw the dark curly hair woman in the begining, and not a few days later is having sex with Cloe for some reason. I see this is a show that I'm going to have to watch every episode in order so I don't get lost like I did is BSG. Thank god for internet episode