Author Topic: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 56032 times)

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
RE: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
Well no, it's illegal for the site to break a copyright. That's why your Stargate example is UK only.
But it's not illegal for a visitor to that site to move around a region block.
It's to different laws so don't confuse them. ;)

What?

They're still serving content for which they have only a US copyright to a non-US resident.
MUSE!!!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
Doesn't matter now. The episode was spoiled for me so I won't try to watch it online anyway.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
There is nothing illegal about using a proxy server to access sites otherwise restricted by country/region.

Re-quoting myself. There is nothing inherently illegal about using a proxy server to access the internet. Oftentimes, used in order to protect your anonymity, and in countries such as Sweden, a necessity if you intend to have any personal freedoms remaining. Since December 1st, all telecommunication between Swedens citizens, and aboard has been monitored. This includes the Internet.

Ofcourse, an added bonus (thou still not illegal), is being able to access sites that are otherwise restricted.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #543 on: April 06, 2010, 08:29:05 AM »
Come on guys, back on topic please.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #544 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:33 AM »
There is nothing illegal about using a proxy server to access sites otherwise restricted by country/region.

Re-quoting myself. There is nothing inherently illegal about using a proxy server to access the internet. Oftentimes, used in order to protect your anonymity, and in countries such as Sweden, a necessity if you intend to have any personal freedoms remaining. Since December 1st, all telecommunication between Swedens citizens, and aboard has been monitored. This includes the Internet.

Ofcourse, an added bonus (thou still not illegal), is being able to access sites that are otherwise restricted.

Like the US Defense network, so we can get proof of the Stargate Program?  :dance

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:32 PM »
*ahem*
Come on guys, back on topic please.
kthxbi :D

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #546 on: April 07, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
ROFL... we will be back on topic this Friday I bet. :P
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #547 on: April 07, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
I never remember SG ever taking a break midseason, but I remember BSG doing that. Honestly I don't think its a bad thing to take a break mid season, but not this long of a break, this is just stupid

The last season of Atlantis had a Mid-season break, or maybe it was the 4th. I believe the 10th season of SG-1 had one as well.

Except here in Canada on the Movie Network, we didn't take the break for the 4th or 5th season of Atlantis so we were down before the Americans.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #548 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »
I didn't like this last episode. It was back to the internal conflict of who's in charge.
Hope they settle that soon.

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #549 on: April 10, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
I didn't like this last episode. It was back to the internal conflict of who's in charge.
Hope they settle that soon.

Oh noes!!! Drama! Kill it with fire! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, why do people have such a problem with the internal conflict? I think it adds realism. It adds character. It adds fantastic stories like this one!
MUSE!!!

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Do'h
« Reply #550 on: April 10, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
Well, I don't mind it an episode or two, but now it's been going on for a mind-numbing half season.
Get it done! Move on with other story arcs!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #551 on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
They have, aliens, aliens that are trying to take destiny.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2010, 03:04:02 AM »

yea but instead of making that the main story and the internal conflict the back story, they swapped it again. Honestly I want to see more stuff with the aliens and the internal stuff more in the backround. Internal conflicts are great for stories, but only for back stories, trying to base the show off of it will get boring really fast

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:05 AM »

yea but instead of making that the main story and the internal conflict the back story, they swapped it again. Honestly I want to see more stuff with the aliens and the internal stuff more in the backround. Internal conflicts are great for stories, but only for back stories, trying to base the show off of it will get boring really fast

Agreed.

So far this is direct plot rip from Voyager. How dull and predictable.
Where's all the SG originality gone?

Offline Villain

« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »

Agreed.

So far this is direct plot rip from Voyager. How dull and predictable.
Where's all the SG originality gone?

Spoken like a true cynic. ;)

Latest episode was amazing, for the first half I was totally expecting the ship to be literally divided for a little longer though (If one side had shields, the other weapons, struggling to get along to survive against alien attack, sounds good to me.)

Anyway, everything is a ripoff of something when you think about it, it's just changed a little. Personally, I liked Voyager, I liked BSG, and I like this. I like stories where two completely different groups are thrown out of their comfort zone and have to figure out a working chain of command (Though in all cases the logical choice seems to be the Military. I'd prefer Young as a leader rather than Camille. I hate that cow.)

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
I liked the new episode faith, very good, it was nice to see the crew starting to get along and acctually enjoying themselves. A surprise I've been expecting, although I expected it to happen to someone else really. I wonder if thier going to go with the story arc concerning this planet more or leave it at that though. It seems the show is starting to progress more from what it started with.

I decided though to stop judging this show from any other perspective other than a new show, I'm going to try to dump my notions of what is SG and what isn't concerning this show. I feel like SGU is to SG1/SGA as DS9 was to STO/STTNG. Their based off of the earlier shows, even keep some of the main elements, but other wise a different show in its own right. I'm just going to enjoy this show and quit comparing it

Offline Villain

« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »
Most sensible thing I've heard on the internet in a long, long time.

---

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #557 on: April 25, 2010, 01:14:26 AM »
Well it appears Rush does have emotions, I know they hinted at it before, but this really shows it. I wonder what will happen next week with Eli and all. BTW I fudging hate spiders so damn much, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing what the hell that was

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #558 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:44 AM »
One thing really bugged me about this episode (besides the ginormous spider):

When Franklin sat in the Ancient chair, and ended up comatose, Young complained that Rush didn't have the guts to sit in the chair himself. And in this episode, Rush volunteered to sit in the chair, despite his own claim "during the dream" that Eli would've been better suited. He even admitted to Eli being smarter than him in several ways.

And still Young ended up complaining, just because Rush didn't "ask permission" first.

Overall an 8/10 quality episode. Will be interesting to see how they manage to get back 4 of the main cast in next weeks episode.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #559 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
One thing really bugged me about this episode (besides the ginormous spider):

When Franklin sat in the Ancient chair, and ended up comatose, Young complained that Rush didn't have the guts to sit in the chair himself. And in this episode, Rush volunteered to sit in the chair, despite his own claim "during the dream" that Eli would've been better suited. He even admitted to Eli being smarter than him in several ways.

And still Young ended up complaining, just because Rush didn't "ask permission" first.

Overall an 8/10 quality episode. Will be interesting to see how they manage to get back 4 of the main cast in next weeks episode.

Few things bother me in life, spiders are one of them for sure.

Yea but that was when Young didn't want Rush on the ship, dead or alive. I think they both realize they need each other, and even if Eli is smart, Rush knows more about the systems of the ship than anyone, plus I think Rush is doing to prove he's the top scienctist, you can tell he hates the fact Eli could even be put in the same league Rush is in, let alone be smarter. I think its a progression episode showing more of peticular charactars, mainly Rush's backround and motives and also show Young  and Rush working together, not likeing each other, but dealing with each other and realizing they need each other rather then prior episodes where they were trying hard to "off" each other.

I can't wait to see how they get them back, it looks like their going to try to use the star gate to get back to ther planet, BUT they mention if they didn't get them this time, then their lost forever which to me seems like they star gates have a much more limited range possibly. I can't wait to see too, I just hope they don't have to deal with a ton of those nasty spiders