Author Topic: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 54820 times)

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
RE: StarGate + Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
Holy crap! How could the writers seriously leave that episode to end like that?! As soon as they left the planet, I was watching through the cracks between my fingers for the rest of the episode. :(

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
I can't wait to watch this one. I hear Greer dies. Is that true?  :(
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »
Now now, if we answered, we'd be spoiling anticipation!  :nono: You'll just have to find out when you watch it. ;)

Though I will say I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you liked the last episode! Might even be thumping your fist on the desk by the end of it (But not from laughing!) :uberlol:

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
Yea a cliff hanger for sure, I can't wait to see how they get around this one, maybe the aliens? Or maybe new friendly aliens?

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
SPOILER: He ascended. Near-catatonic state, and with the low room temperature he would've slowed his body down enough for the right numbers (ATL: The Tao of Rodney). Guess he just pulled too much info out on his own after stumbling on the library about Ascension. so that buffer they implemented isn't to protect them from the ship, but vice versa (imo).

Whoa, that episode was amazing! So many mysteries! I've been discussing how Scott, Eli and Chloe got back and while everyone seems to think it was too conveniant, I've got my own theories that the aliens dialled to see if they could send troops in through the gate.

Seeing Rush in his normal habits was... An interesting experience. I do really like how he's developing. All in all a great episode, can't wait for next week!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »
I can't help but notice they've been focusing on Rush's character alot, I wonder why. I wonder what happened to the guy that was in the chair though? I wonder whats so special about the ship that keeps the aliens commiting resources to take it?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #566 on: May 09, 2010, 12:09:50 AM »
Prime answered some of your thoughts lol :P
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Villain

« Reply #567 on: May 09, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »
I can't help but notice they've been focusing on Rush's character alot, I wonder why. I wonder what happened to the guy that was in the chair though? I wonder whats so special about the ship that keeps the aliens commiting resources to take it?

If the blues got Destiny, what could they possibly do? Ancient technology all seems to posess the requirement for Alteran DNA. Even Destiny (Though it predates say, Atlantis). Humans have this advantage as they're the closest link of the Alterans (Like monkeys are to us). Of course in this case we know which genes are missing, and the SGC science teams managed to synthesize the ancient gene for those who lack it. The blues however are nowhere near related to humans, let alone Alterans. The ship is just a mystery to them, something precious. They're only attacking it because the Icarus team is there when the blues seem to believe in finders keepers.

As for Rush, he is kind of the Protagonist. Destiny is his obsession, and he's the best hope the team has of getting it running. Then there's all the complaints about him being too much of a stuck up smartass and such (even here. :P). Personally, I like the development, but I really enjoy his facade.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #568 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
If the blues got Destiny, what could they possibly do? Ancient technology all seems to posess the requirement for Alteran DNA. Even Destiny (Though it predates say, Atlantis). Humans have this advantage as they're the closest link of the Alterans (Like monkeys are to us). Of course in this case we know which genes are missing, and the SGC science teams managed to synthesize the ancient gene for those who lack it. The blues however are nowhere near related to humans, let alone Alterans. The ship is just a mystery to them, something precious. They're only attacking it because the Icarus team is there when the blues seem to believe in finders keepers.

No, they established early on that the Destiny predates the use of the Ancient gene. The aliens are attacking it to get ahold of it's technology. They see it as being more advanced, and they wants it. Yes they do, precious. They wants it.
MUSE!!!

Offline Villain

« Reply #569 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »

No, they established early on that the Destiny predates the use of the Ancient gene. The aliens are attacking it to get ahold of it's technology. They see it as being more advanced, and they wants it. Yes they do, precious. They wants it.

Oh, right... Disregard then, they're just jerks.  :funny

Apparently, we can look forward to a familiar foe soon. THAT will be interesting.

Also, we're getting close to the season 1 two-part finale, think that's when we'll see Lou Diamond Phillips again? :P As much as I hate Telford, it's the good kind of hate. He's so... Aggrivating, but he's such a great character.

---

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #570 on: May 21, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
umm WOW

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Last nights episode was amazing! No new episode next week though, I don't think. Is there?

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
Last nights episode was amazing! No new episode next week though, I don't think. Is there?

No, for some reason the next episode isn't in the US until 4/6
MUSE!!!

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »

Thats America for you. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
umm WOW

Agreed, I wonder how long Rush will delay them though. It was good to see Oniel in the episode and that they didn't change is character at all, it put a big smile on my face to see he is still funny and never seems to take anything serious even though he does.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2010, 03:28:18 AM »

I believe its because of Memorial Day? I don't know. Not American.

Anyways wow this was a fun episode, very good. I hate Cliffhangers, can't wait for next weeks.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2010, 03:58:53 AM »
I believe its because of Memorial Day? I don't know. Not American.
Memorial Day doesn't affect our TV schedule. It's probably just mid-season hiatus or something. That or it's one of those shows that only does one new episode every few weeks (some networks are jerks like that with really popular shows).

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
Memorial Day doesn't affect our TV schedule. It's probably just mid-season hiatus or something. That or it's one of those shows that only does one new episode every few weeks (some networks are jerks like that with really popular shows).

Wrong and wrong. This gap was between episodes 18 and 19, not mid-series. This is the first time theres been a gap other than the mid-series gap 2 months back.

I'm quite surprised it wasn't a 2 parter last night.
MUSE!!!

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »
This arc is apparently a 3 parter like 'The Siege" was for SGA season 1, so last night was part 1 next week is part 2 and next season will have Part 3 (just with a different name)

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
well..... that was an ending.... I don't think there is much to complain about this.... heh

now we have to wait till October.