Author Topic: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 66949 times)

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
no prob, send cheque via the post please :D

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
so who watched it?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
Yep, it was a bit slow. And what the hell have they done to Apollo? The way they've made him look overweight is so obviously fake...

I hope this season gets better real soon.

Offline Shinzon

i liked it, there could have been more space action (a lot more), and a nice cliff-hanger at the end. I think the gunshots we hear at the end are actually the NCP fighting back, not the cylons executing the prisoners (you cant kill off roslin just yet).

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
Quote from: Shinzon
i liked it, there could have been more space action (a lot more), and a nice cliff-hanger at the end.

Agreed, thats what I meant by slow, the action/story balance is a bit off

I think the gunshots we hear at the end are actually the NCP fighting back, not the cylons executing the prisoners (you cant kill off roslin just yet).

Not sure, the writing style on this show seems to produce some nasty surprises, but your probably right.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
Quote from: Shinzon
i liked it, there could have been more space action (a lot more), and a nice cliff-hanger at the end. I think the gunshots we hear at the end are actually the NCP fighting back, not the cylons executing the prisoners (you cant kill off roslin just yet).
Ooooo! Now there's an excellent theory!  That thought never even crossed my mind.

Anyway, I thought it was great.  Yea, there wasn't a whole lot of action, but too much of a good thing is bad.  This is all building up to the big rescue operation.  I think this is the perfect opening episode--it makes me want to see more; lots more.  :dance

Offline Shinzon

indeed :P

Offline MickJo

I've only seen bits and pieces because its on Sky next January, i only wanted to see what's going on in the fleet and not on New Caprica.

But i have to say Bill and Lee are hilarious together "I want you to turn around and get your fat a** outta here!"... it took me 10 minutes to stop crying with laughter.

I want to see the rest but i wont ruin it for myself, damn you sky...

Offline Shinzon

*imagines Lee's ass detaching from his body and running around the room*

Lee: Whatchya gonna do now, biatch?

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
The first epsiode of yhis season was pretty good, can't wait to watch ep2 tomorrow.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
I'd say the Cylon that came out of the woods at the end, during the rendezvous op was one of the execution party, investigating noises nearby. I think that the execution party is very close to the rendezvous site, and that the Cylon's presence clued Sharon in to what was happening.

And given the episode's earlier dialogue, she could probably have simply ordered the centurion to attack it's companions, and it would have no choice but to comply. That, of course, begs the question; why didn't she order it to stop just as soon as it appeared??

BTW, there's an absolute torrent of interest in BSG season 3 here in Ireland. :D
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
omg, bsg awesomeness!

Have just had a marathon viewing of the first 3 eps, and can't wait for this friday...

There will be a serious crisis of trust between adama and Major and Lt. Agathon.

Offline MickJo

From the trailer for Exodus Pt2 i think were going to loose the superior battlestar... :x

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Actually I think were going to lose the one in the title.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
No, I think Galactica is the only individual vessel in the fleet that is safe from destruction.

I don't think Lee's going to sit back as ordered. I think Galactica is going to get the crap kicked out of her, but Pegasus is going to show up and help out in the nick of time. I think the civillian casualties are going to be enormous next ep though...
The battlestars can take a pounding, but one hit will knock out a civillian ship and they're sitting ducks on the ground...

That's my guess.

Offline MickJo

In this trailer a copy of boomer says "2 Battlestars have jumped into orbit, Adama's back!" and from the look of it Pegasus is ramming a basestar at 00:18.

I hope im wrong, nothing would please me more than the Pegasus surviving and they rename the show 'Battlestars'. (It'll never happen though) :D

Your right about the Galactica getting a beating thoigh RC, ive seen a canadian trailer were the ship is on fire and Combat is pretty smoke-filled.

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
Something IS hitting that Baseship, but the shot isn't good enough to get any idea of what it is. Might be Pegasus, might be Galactica, Might be a civie or another base ship.

Offline MickJo

I heard a rumour a while ago that during the battle Lee is in a viper, not commanding his Battlestar. Dualla is actual of Pegasus, during the battle the Cylons disable the Pegasus' weapons so she orders the crew to abandon ship and she sets CBDR with a Basestar at its centre axis, and dies with her command. I read that a few months back on TrekBBS.

Offline Shinzon

aww i dont wanna see Dee die :(

i think its one of those tyllium freighters ramming the basestar actually...

also, adama ordered a jump in that preview for exodus pt.2, but you see helo shake his head, as in, jump drive is either destroyed or damaged atm.

another inconsistency i saw, was that at the end of the 2nd episode, you see Cally run DOWN the hill, when jammer let her loose. But when Chief Tyrol came to rescue her in exodus pt.1, she was running UP the hill... there are theories circling around that Cally may be a Cylon, although I think that's just a bad presumption on an inconsistency :P

one more thing:

Quote from: Bear McCreary
"The first three episodes underwent some major surgery in the post-production process, even before I was brought on board to score. This is most evident in this week's "Exodus, Part I." Scenes that were cut from 301 and 302 got nudged into this week's episode (the entire D'Anna / baby subplot in fact!), and the battle sequence of the script's second half evolved into next week's episode.

I'm glad this decision was made for two reasons. Firstly, this week's episode now features extended character development scenes that ran the risk of being cut from the show. Secondly, it means that next week's episode is the most kick-ass 44 minutes you'll ever experience!"

frack yes!

Pegasus

I don't know about that, I think it'll be hard to top ressurection ship pt II