Author Topic: Pausing the game  (Read 1301 times)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Pausing the game
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »
I was looking through the screenshots thread at BCFiles, and I think we all know it can be tough to get good action shots.  I wonder, is there any way that a 'pause' script could be incorporated into the game, so that when things are going on, you can just freeze it and take your screenie?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Pausing the game
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
If you are willing to use old (and I mean ancient).

I once created KeyFoundation, for creating keymappings easily.
And as an example script, I created a script to speed up, slow down and pause time in BC.

I'll have to digg it up.

Do note that I can't guarantee anything in it, it's from a totally different level of mine, in the negative sense of the word.

[EDIT] Of course, you may want to do this through the console.
Check back in a minute when I get the specifics...
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:08 PM »
This worked for me in the console:
Code: [Select]
App.g_kUtopiaModule.Pause(1)To unpause:
App.g_kUtopiaModule.Pause(0)
If you are interrested in the screenshot, don't worry this won't delay you, since the Console pauses as well. ;)
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »
I'll give it a try MLeo.

edit:

Is there any way to assign that to a key, in order to make it a faster process?

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
This is all way too complicated.

Open the console and type

Edit()
press enter, and work away. Fun for all the family!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:59:23 PM »
Except that it's the edit mode, and it changes the UI/Controls + viewpoint.

It appears I didn't saw your edit DJ, but yes, I created a mod (ages ago, I even believe it got a bug or two, or three...) called KeyFoundation (I think included with KM), and as an example mod, it contains TimeCompress, it bound keys for slowing down, speeding up and pausing time in BC.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
you should dig out that old mod :)
dust it off a bit lol
(not that you dont have a million things already going on :P :) )

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
Except that it's the edit mode, and it changes the UI/Controls + viewpoint.

I don't see the problem with that. You can move objects around, change the lighting, change the backgrounds (outside of KM, anyway), add asteroid fields, and position the camera anywhere. I use it for screenshots all the time. It kicks ass.

Incidentally, your time compression mod also kicked ass, it was like The Matrix: Bridge Commander.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 05:48:07 PM »
Thanks! Now I need to improve it.  :lol: