Author Topic: Vorcha Class Evolution  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Vorcha Class Evolution
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »
My friend, that's what the model looks like before it's textured. :wink: Don't worry, after Lint is done with it, it will absolutely amazing. :D

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
looking good!  :D
when you are ready to make the HP, consider adding side-firing canons in that neck.
oh, and who else was doing a vorcha EVO? Curtis?

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2008, 12:56:02 AM »
I was'nt aware that anyone was doing an Evo kind of ship :S,
And yeah, the textures i did have on there wernt the official ones, i just had some old crappy ones to figure out the hull plating and stuff, Which brings me to this update.
First off i have scrapped those textures now because the paneling is almost done,
I also designed some new Impulse engines, they are kind of inspired by the old K'tinga Class engines.
I tried to make them unique and original while still looking klingon, personally i always thought klingon impulse engines were pretty bland and dull, the K'tinga probably had the most stylish ones.
I have pretty much finished the panels for the dorsal side, And seeing as this is a post nemesis Klingon Ship i decided to go for more of a "solid" and sleek look with them (on the dorsal side atleast)
I have also added grills to the front part of the wings, I rescaled the Bridge Module and the neck, so the neck is a little thinner now and the bridge module is'nt so "fat",
I re-scaled the nacelles aswell, i made them a bit shorter, i think they look better  :D.

After the panels, the next on my list will be the rest of the weapons, which i still have to figure out  :?,
Im also thinking about doing some serious re-construction work around the bridge, perhaps even a new bridge module, If anyone has any ideas about it feel free to share :D

Here are some recent pics, the model looks a lot sharper now, since i got rid of that crappy texture i had on earlier.
I have darkened the panels in the last 2 pics, Cause they are kind of hard to see when the whole ship is the same colour,
Enjoy..

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
Looking great Lint. I like the shorter nacelles

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 11:49:21 AM »
Looking great Lint. I like the shorter nacelles

Indeed, the new nacelles looks a lot better, very nice work so far :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)