Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 169098 times)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #820 on: November 13, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »
Awesome. I have been planning to look into using this as mechanima source for Daystar series after it has had time to develop..this reenforces the notion.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #821 on: November 13, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
if anyone is looking for someone to fly with when STO comes out the 9th will be fully supporting the game

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #822 on: November 13, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »
One of the many designs intended to be included (Defiant-esque style). Supposed to be around 20 different designs included at launch, and I hope they include the ability to change colors on various aspects of the bridge (such as the carpet, which Dr Bashir hated so much) :P

Those bridges are too big. They are so spacious, that it makes them look really bad.

Nothing can ever beat 3rd Era!
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #823 on: November 13, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
Concept Art, not ingame images (or so I hope).

I think the design shown in these images are of the Vigilant Class (refit, upgrade, sister-ship of the Defiant Class).
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #824 on: November 14, 2009, 02:14:37 PM »
And now they have a box cover

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #825 on: November 14, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
Now that there's a nice phaser. Is that a promtheus type ship I spy in the background?
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #826 on: November 14, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
My buddy got into beta, while he is doing his part and not breaking the NDA, he is a bigger Trek purist than even candle (no offense candle) and he hinted with a big smile that "he has been quite occupied enjoying himself on his computer" lately, and that is all he said. Knowing him, STO must not be that bad at this stage he is incredibly anal about both Trek and MMos.

BTW yes Prometheus is a ship you can get at admiral level rank, but it does not MVAM.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #827 on: November 14, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
And now they have a box cover

:funny

Seriously?

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #828 on: November 14, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »
BTW yes Prometheus is a ship you can get at admiral level rank, but it does not MVAM.

:roll that just takes the fun out of it
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #829 on: November 15, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
My buddy got into beta, while he is doing his part and not breaking the NDA, he is a bigger Trek purist than even candle (no offense candle)
Is that a pet name for me or something?

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #830 on: November 15, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
nope. Candle is a member here, he is very..Trek pure. I'm easy to please, as long as a sci fi show has hot chicks in it i can be sold.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #831 on: November 15, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
So yeah...when Febuary hits, we should all talk about forming a "fleet" i think it would rock to be in a guild with you guys, I plan to name my ship "Daystar" of course, i know you can name your ships. Upon reviewing the types of ships you can choose from and customise, i think my style will be the smaller but tough types such as Akira, Vigilant(the new defiant type) i do like the look of the Vigilant. I know that the ship classes serve purposes example, the new constitution looking ship is a "shield" buff ship whos purpose in a group would be to help buff/defend fellow ships, some ships act like tanks and pull aggro, Command oriented tactical skilled players can augment the groups to hit stats etc because it reflects their tactical skills and command skills etc.

My only beef with STO is their flimsy excuses to this storyline, i agree with some nay sayers who compare this story to a copy of the Dominion war but using species 8479(or whatever) as the shape shifters manipulating the war rather tha  changelings. I find it lame lame lame that they make the Klingons enemies of the feds again and find whatever reason to make that happen.

If /when Romulans are player allowed later i will definetly be flying a warbird. If i had a prediction on what other races may fall under the romulan empire faction (klingons have Gorn and orions) it'd be one of the cat races ( kzinti/lyrans. zenkethi)

Note- in a ds9 episode, they revealed that feds went to war with a race called the Zenkethi, but we never saw them. an interview revealed that the race was written as a cat like feline humanoid species.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #832 on: November 18, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »

hmm.. this gives EVE online-vibe to me.. and almost starts to attract me towards it.. I might give it a shot
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #833 on: November 18, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »
shouldn't this be moved into one of the already existing sto threads?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #834 on: November 18, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
"We are the Borg, resistance is futi-" *BOOOOOM*

No it aint!
I actually like the look of this now... I... Don't know what to believe any more!

The Borg cube looked 'meh', as did the Galaxy-sort-of thing, but everything else looked good. The explosions seem to have gotten a lot better.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #835 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

No it aint!
I actually like the look of this now... I... Don't know what to believe any more!

The Borg cube looked 'meh', as did the Galaxy-sort-of thing, but everything else looked good. The explosions seem to have gotten a lot better.

The phaser animations still look like some ol' bulls**t though.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #836 on: November 18, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

No it aint!

The phaser animations still look like some ol' bulls**t though.

Armada/2 Phasers heh.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #837 on: November 18, 2009, 07:37:23 PM »
shouldn't this be moved into one of the already existing sto threads?
ya i agree, there are a number of STO threads already...
at some point, ill merge them all into one main giant thread... 

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #838 on: November 19, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
http://startrekonline.com/videos

i swear i mean it could be that new excalibur class connie, but in this trailer in the part just before the bridge fed officer, i swear i saw a JJ...

Btw don't say they are wrong when you see 'command a klingon warbird". Warbird has been used to describe klingon warships in "broken arrow" as well as the jj film. and for the sake of argument, when people say Enterprise isnt canon, "these are the voyages" clearly settles that argument when u figure they use TNG and riker simulates the NX 01 on the holodeck, because well, it really happened.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #839 on: November 19, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
In that trailer you linked to there is an Excel-sified Connie but not an actual JJ Connie.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien