Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167615 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #900 on: December 12, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
yes it is a very good looking game, and consoles have been announced, X360 and possibly PS3
now from what I've seen, there will be no modding allowed for the game. Shame they won't have the century class ship, raptor class(fed), outrider, ambassador, Incom, the real Excalibur, excelsior, valiant(notice all of the dj ships), Eclipse, MVAM Galaxy, and a normal Norway.

Simples. Make one. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #901 on: December 12, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »
yes it is a very good looking game, and consoles have been announced, X360 and possibly PS3
now from what I've seen, there will be no modding allowed for the game. Shame they won't have the century class ship, raptor class(fed), outrider, ambassador, Incom, the real Excalibur, excelsior, valiant(notice all of the dj ships), Eclipse, MVAM Galaxy, and a normal Norway.

Simples. Make one. :)

Won't be allowed
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #902 on: December 12, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
uh no MMO would ever allow modding... and what do you mean by normal Norway??
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #903 on: December 12, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
Has everyone suddenly forgotten the customise-your-ship part? :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #904 on: December 12, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »

that is the in game Norway

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #905 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »
uh no that's the Norway refit... one of the modifications you can make.... I'm sure they have the basic Norway in the game as well.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #906 on: December 13, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »

FYI, if you take time to customize you can indeed have an Ambassador, Norway, Excelsior, (and likely the Valiant). And the game DOES have MVAM Galaxy at least, although if the Prometheus can do it is yet to be seen in video footage.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #907 on: December 13, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »

FYI, if you take time to customize you can indeed have an Ambassador, Norway, Excelsior, (and likely the Valiant). And the game DOES have MVAM Galaxy at least, although if the Prometheus can do it is yet to be seen in video footage.

in what video or pic is there a galaxy with MVAM.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #908 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14270158/star-trek-online/videos/startrekonline_trl_starshiptacticspt2_111909.html

There. If you watch carefully you can see a saucer and a stardrive of a Galaxy.

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #909 on: December 13, 2009, 12:15:25 PM »
oh okay

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #910 on: December 13, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
In case you guys didnt get a response to the BETA request for this game you can get a open BETA if you pre-order the game from direct2drive.com...link is here:

http://www.direct2drive.com/6/8805/product/Buy-Star-Trek-Online-Digital-Deluxe-Edition-Download

Sorry its only available in the United States and Canada  :(  for all of you that dont live those areas.

Its $60.00

Im seriously thinking about getting this.

In case you guys want to know about it without clicking on the link, you get all this...

Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition

Preorder Bonuses:

Open Beta Access
          This is only available when you preorder.

Early Start Program
          This is only available when you preorder.

Personal Shield
          Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer. Exlusively on Direct2Drive!

Original Star Trek Uniform Set
          Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote
          An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk?s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry? ?KHAAAN!?

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote
          Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture ?the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix
          Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

Unique Ship Item
          Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

Joined Trill Race
          The ability to play as a ?Joined Trill? ? a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

This game requires a monthly fee to play. The first 30 days of this fee are included in the purchase price of this package.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #911 on: December 13, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »
I'm the guessing the Joined Trill think has Perks or something attached to it.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #912 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
heh might be an experience boost when you destroy things or collect data.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #913 on: December 13, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
Argh...I am going to hold out for the boxed collector's set merely for the fact that I want FC uniforms. However, that defense battery sounds awesome! :(

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #914 on: December 14, 2009, 01:02:30 PM »
Am i the only one left confused by the STO color uniform system? i've seen Gold shirt captains (i am guessing it is because the way a jr officer may have to take command doesnt mean they change shirt colors until they are officially Fleet field Promoted to captain).What i think would be cool, is if it turned out in 2409 starfleet has retroed back to Gold=command red=security engineering etc. Or maybe it is that ebcause its a game, and uniforms are very customisable, it's a moot point.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #915 on: December 14, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »
Am i the only one left confused by the STO color uniform system? i've seen Gold shirt captains (i am guessing it is because the way a jr officer may have to take command doesnt mean they change shirt colors until they are officially Fleet field Promoted to captain).What i think would be cool, is if it turned out in 2409 starfleet has retroed back to Gold=command red=security engineering etc. Or maybe it is that ebcause its a game, and uniforms are very customisable, it's a moot point.

Not confusing at all really...

Since you have 3 types of characters:

Tactical (Red)
Engineering (Gold)
Science (Blue)

And every player is a "Captain", you'll see both Blue and Gold colored Captains and even Admirals in STO. Canonically, we've seen Admirals in Gold uniforms (atleast one during DS9).

Also, each of these 3 types of characters can branch out into other positions. I don't recall exactly which ones, but i'm sure alot of that will be revealed leading upto, and including the open beta during January 2010.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #916 on: December 14, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
More info on the pre-order from D2D.com:

- Open Beta Access starts on Jan 12, 2010
- 2-day head-start Jan 29, 2010
- Joined Trill: Selectable race trait, +bonus to 5 skills

- Game release date Feb 2 2010  <---just for a reference

Info directly from the ST Online forums here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=1107722&postcount=6

It appears that STEAM will have the Digital Deluxe Edition also and they added something else:  Chromodynamic Armor

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #917 on: December 14, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
Well i know that the Tutorial explains how you, an ensign, take command of a starship during the return of the Borg (that is leaked info from a ton of online sources) I will have the option to wear TOS uniforms if i pre order from D2D (which i did ). I know what your saying Thunder but when a Captain is offficially commisioned as the CO of a starship he changes his shirt (such as Worf as xo in alternate quantum realities in "parrelels", or Data in "future imperfect").

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #918 on: December 14, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »
If what your saying is true (when a Captain is officially commissioned as the CO of a starship he changes his shirt)...

Why did the Admiral at Starfleet Intelligence have a gold uniform, and not a customary red uniform which is common for the Admiralty?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #919 on: December 14, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »
the usual answer- paramount ran out of costume budget :)