Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167616 times)

Offline Ryles

• Cookies: 0
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #1220 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »
I'll be playing... got a lifetime sub. :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #1221 on: January 23, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
no shields + photons = massive damage.
That, or photon mines. Feels good man.

Offline Spade

• I'VE GOT TONE! FOX TWO! FOX TWO!
  • Cookies: 12
« Reply #1222 on: January 23, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »
I am definitely playing. Got the GameStop preorder collectors edition. I gets my employee discount! Woot!

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #1223 on: January 24, 2010, 11:10:07 AM »
no shields + photons = massive damage.
That, or photon mines. Feels good man.

screw that quantum torps and quantum mines all the way = BIG BOOM

Offline Dawg81

« Reply #1225 on: January 25, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
I finally made Lt Commander and got my connie and fitted her with quantums and plasma torps hehehehe oh and STO has announced the open beta server will stay up till the 26th 6pm Pacific time which means 9pm for eastern and well into the 27th wee morning hours from the UK players

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #1226 on: January 25, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
Well, i wanted to play today,and yesterday,and the day before. But the login server has hated me most of open beta, i understand that in beta you get bugs. But i kind of seriously regret doing a preorder. i really really really do, because i have barely been able to play the damned game quite frankly, looking back, i would have hit tier 2 a looong time ago, but i am still level frikkin 6 2 bars to 7, because of only ONE damned reason- "cannot connect to login server" or  o nce i load in i see that red "disconnected from server", i tried over and over and over and after a point, i would ease frustrating myself and stop. I love what i have experienced but quite frankly if this continues past open beta i will delay even playing for several months i feel sympathy for all the haters on the basis of performance, i try aand be optimistic but i think about the  massive surge of live players and even MORE likelihood the servers will hit stress overload, and i foresee more frustration than i want to deal with.

A real shame cryptic...you had me..it's just a question of retention and the game has yet to go live.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1227 on: January 25, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »
huh I've only ever had two incidences of log in issues... besides that it was smooth sailing.  

(though I'm only Lt 7 because of school)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #1228 on: January 25, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »
(though I'm only Lt 7 because of school)

Same.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #1229 on: January 25, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »
screw that quantum torps and quantum mines all the way = BIG BOOM

QFT. :evil
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Dawg81

« Reply #1230 on: January 25, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »
full speed hit them with quantums and phasers then get him on your broadside then hit him with fore and aft phasers then leave some mines while the aft phasers tear him a new one hehehe

Offline martyr

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #1231 on: January 26, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »
Well, i wanted to play today,and yesterday,and the day before. But the login server has hated me most of open beta, i understand that in beta you get bugs. But i kind of seriously regret doing a preorder. i really really really do, because i have barely been able to play the damned game quite frankly, looking back, i would have hit tier 2 a looong time ago, but i am still level frikkin 6 2 bars to 7, because of only ONE damned reason- "cannot connect to login server" or  o nce i load in i see that red "disconnected from server", i tried over and over and over and after a point, i would ease frustrating myself and stop. I love what i have experienced but quite frankly if this continues past open beta i will delay even playing for several months i feel sympathy for all the haters on the basis of performance, i try aand be optimistic but i think about the  massive surge of live players and even MORE likelihood the servers will hit stress overload, and i foresee more frustration than i want to deal with.

A real shame cryptic...you had me..it's just a question of retention and the game has yet to go live.

ehhh thats server load and maybe your connection than bugs

Offline Dawg81

« Reply #1232 on: January 26, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »
today is the last day and we have to repel a klingon invasion perfect chance for RP

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/949

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #1233 on: January 26, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
:( Server is down and I was so close to completing a mission.

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #1234 on: January 26, 2010, 02:18:42 PM »
I gotta be at work during the invasion :( Fry some Klingons for me guys. I saved all my officers costumes for live..you can do that in case you did not know.

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #1235 on: January 26, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »
How many of you were at the EPIC FAIL! invasion event?   ...I missed it but I guess the klingons were totally slaughtered.

BEcause:

There was zero instruction by the GMs.

And the klingons had only 1 spawn point ..

So feds were killing them as soon as they entered the system...and as soon as they beamed to the stations...

I am not canceling any orders over this..... who is? :-) I know some of you people that were there really want to :-P .

Offline Spade

• I'VE GOT TONE! FOX TWO! FOX TWO!
  • Cookies: 12
« Reply #1236 on: January 26, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »
I was there. Hope Cryptic learns from this. I was so disappointed with the event I went back to doing missions. However, at one point I went to Risa and there was an even match between both sides, got a good battle in there. If Cryptic can fix this to where it will be even and fair between the two sides, it will be a blast.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #1237 on: January 26, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
Yeah, the event failed....until they added a f**k ton of borg to the station.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #1238 on: January 26, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
One I forgot

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #1239 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
9th Fleet decided to go AWOL on Risa during the event. Got some nice screens, lounged, and had a dance party with a Naussicaan.