Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 169015 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #1300 on: January 31, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »
Daystar, Prime, and Dalek - you are all officially on warning for the last 2 pages of offtopic crap, petty bickering, and absolute BS nonsense...
any more from any of you guys, and bans will be handed out...

if this thread does not remain ontopic from here on out, this thread will be deleted altogether...

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
going back on topic just to let ya all know the warzone mission that u pick up from DeepSpace K7 can only be 50% completed due to bugs ya gotta win a warzone which cannot be completed at this time so avoid it for right now.
 So what levels is everyone at im at Lt 7 almost 8

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #1302 on: January 31, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
I'm almost lev 6 gonna plug at it off and on today.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #1303 on: January 31, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
Level 6 on Fed, Level 9 on Klingon. Klingon PvP is fun. I won't be playing much until the official release, though, because I want my Joined Trill character.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #1304 on: January 31, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
it does seem this game is doing better than i thought it would...  ive been listening to all sides, good and bad, about it; if it werent so darn expensive, i might consider joining in myself...

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #1305 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
There will be a Free trial weekend down the road Jimmy, I'm certain of this. Champions Online did it, shortly after Launch, and i see no reason Cryptic won't follow suit for STO, it's only "Logical". :P

Speaking of CO, I finally made my mind up to cancel it and delete it. It was a worthwhile "filler" MMO but ultimately STO is my long term commitment. I was debating with a close friend on AIM last eve, he refuses to try STO because he hates star trek and star trek's "lore" as he puts it. I argued that STO can theoretically stand alone if he seperated the "trek" aspect and pretended it was a New MMO he could understand what was going on and see a Unique game for what it is under the Flag of "star trek". Alas, there was no budging on his part. e agreed to meet in Star wars-The old republic (i will be playing that as well when the time comes but my first duty will be STO.)

STO has met my expectations. It has not "beat" my expectations, but it at least "meets" it. There are times when the "MMO" aspect sticks out and others the "trek" part sticks out. It has more "pros" than "cons" (or is that Khaaans!?)

If i had one suggestion to cryptic it would be to step back on the heavy handed need for constant combat scenerios, I love all things space battle wise in Trek,i always have, But when you get Drowned in so much War war combat enemy enemy attack attack, after a while you wish there was a bit more going on, the exploration missions, the other aspects so far always end up being about conflict 99% of the time. It's a double edged Bat'leth..you need conflict to make things exciting at times..But Cryptic needs to realise that they Underestimate the mentality of the player base..we can handle More than a mission that creates an excuse to fire our Phasers..

Update- I hit 6 finally and made/remade my Klingon chick "Katanna" Klingon ex wife of George kane. I had a funny experience- i accidentally challenged a TON of officers in the arena at the SAME time lol!! man..what a beating i took!!

Offline Dawg81

« Reply #1306 on: January 31, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »
it does seem this game is doing better than i thought it would...  ive been listening to all sides, good and bad, about it; if it werent so darn expensive, i might consider joining in myself...

Which part are u talking about Jimmy the game cost itself or the subscription for the server access?
BTW TOMORROW will be the LAST DAY for PREORDERS and to nab the 1 year and lifetime Subscriptions. Get them by 11am PST for delivery on the 2nd

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #1307 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »
it does seem this game is doing better than i thought it would...  ive been listening to all sides, good and bad, about it; if it werent so darn expensive, i might consider joining in myself...

Which part are u talking about Jimmy the game cost itself or the subscription for the server access?
both, really...  i really dont think ill be forking over $120 to play for a year, let alone a whopping $240 for a lifetime...  just doesnt seem worth that hefty price, IMO...

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #1308 on: January 31, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
going back on topic just to let ya all know the warzone mission that u pick up from DeepSpace K7 can only be 50% completed due to bugs ya gotta win a warzone which cannot be completed at this time so avoid it for right now.
 So what levels is everyone at im at Lt 7 almost 8

But, you do not need to complete the warzone mission to complete the mission to find Calhoun and the other guy.  All you need to do is talk to them and report back to Wildman.

it does seem this game is doing better than i thought it would...  ive been listening to all sides, good and bad, about it; if it werent so darn expensive, i might consider joining in myself...

both, really...  i really dont think ill be forking over $120 to play for a year, let alone a whopping $240 for a lifetime...  just doesnt seem worth that hefty price, IMO...

on the other hand, the yearly comes out to only $10 a month, instead of $15, so if you can afford it now, it's well worth it, you save about $60 a year over the month-to-month price.

I don't think I'd get the lifetime though, I can't afford to drop $240 on something, even if it means never having to pay again.  Besides, I have no desire to play as a Liberated Borg, my Joined Trill will be just fine.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1309 on: January 31, 2010, 01:55:54 PM »
 I only got lifetime sub as a late christmas present. And thinking about it, it costs less per year or month than Eve Online... Which I've quit.

Level 8 Lieutenant, killed 2 large bioships and 4 small ones, w00p. I also love building phaser turrets and shield rechargers in missions. Mission bugs I've found left over from beta:
-Kinjer patrol needs to be done a few times before it completes.
-Una patrol, same thing.
-The mission with Admiral Zelle, she sometimes gets stuck halfway through the mission, therefore you cannot complete it, logging in again usually sorts it out (sometimes she does come unstuck again)
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1310 on: January 31, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
I was able to shell out for a Life Time Sub as well.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Dawg81

« Reply #1311 on: January 31, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »
most of the 9th managed to get 1 year or lifetime subs so we will be out in force

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #1312 on: January 31, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
So apparently they have  Login Queue now... I'm currently 390/747

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1313 on: January 31, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »
WOW, I mean... WOW! The admins actually gave us a 10 minhute warning before the server went down! /endpartialsarchasm

I'm glad they actually told us it was going down for a change, still annoyed it came up as I started a long mission.

Lieutenant 9 now... So close to my cruiser I can smell... the... uh..

Hm....
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1314 on: January 31, 2010, 07:24:15 PM »
fresh leather captains seat?

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #1315 on: February 01, 2010, 02:55:23 AM »
Some of these missions are way to hard if you can't find a group. I tried to finish a few chain missions involving Gorn, I was able to plow through a lot of them one battle where i had to go through the Pulsan Nebula? I think? I had just barely survived engaging six Gorn Battlecruisers and had to scan some objects, as i approached the objects i counted at least TWENTY more Gorn ships headed my way!!! I had a cramped wrist from all the multi toggling my systems in the last battle, let alone trying somehow to take on TWENTY more darned Gorn!! sheesh!! Hopefully i can find more groups in missions i can get help with.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #1316 on: February 01, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
So I'm doing the Treasure Trading Station mission, and guess what I seen on one of the freighter captains.

The Uniform from the new movie,

as well as TOS Mirror Universe Women's uniform.

What is this bar? a way point between the multi-verses?

EDIT: Damn it I've gone over my Bandwidth usage on Photobucket.. Let em upload them here.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1317 on: February 01, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
your links are down....

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #1318 on: February 01, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
Uploaded them onto the post.

there was a women wearing a TNG Season 7 Uniform with the Gold thing around her waist.

I don't know about you, but I'd love to have that Uniform from the new movie.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #1319 on: February 01, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
I remember doing that mission. I just never paid any attention to the bar patrons.