Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 168822 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #1440 on: February 20, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
Great outline there Spade... :D

heh though I think you're the only person to say BOff and not BO when referring to Bridge Officers lol.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #1441 on: February 20, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
heh though I think you're the only person to say BOff and not BO when referring to Bridge Officers lol.

Maybe the only person on here, but I've seen it said a lot ingame.

Also, Jem'Hadar! This mission is 2 levels above me :P

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #1442 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
ugh i hate those impulse and warp trails lol
surely theres gotta be a way in that game to turn that effect off?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1443 on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »
they only show up when you go full impulse or do sharp maneuvers... it's really there to give you a better sense of motion... like the motion blur and space dust in BC does. 

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #1444 on: February 20, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »
ugh i hate those impulse and warp trails lol
surely theres gotta be a way in that game to turn that effect off?

they only show up when you go full impulse or do sharp maneuvers... it's really there to give you a better sense of motion... like the motion blur and space dust in BC does. 

And also its been said many times in this thread that it can be turned off anyway.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #1445 on: February 20, 2010, 01:53:47 PM »
ya, so i dont follow this thread (or any ST-O thread really from sheer lack of interest in the game) all that closely so it could have been said on every page for all i know... 

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #1446 on: February 20, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
Actually i LOVE the warp/impulse trails! it brings  back a nostagic WOK era feel mixed with TNG. Cryptic did a decent job of finding a way to "Kitbash" all the eras of the show IMO.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #1447 on: February 20, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »
The trails remind me about the good old game Homeworld.
I prefer the bc way of showing motion.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #1448 on: February 20, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
Cardies!

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1449 on: February 20, 2010, 02:49:31 PM »
The trails remind me about the good old game Homeworld.

that they do :D

Offline davies78

• Cookies: 16
« Reply #1450 on: February 20, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
Ok got my teir 3 cruser i have improved the turn rate by 15% thanks for that. But have to say not happy with the fire power. So i changed the arrays to dual and put in q torp launchers and still not good. Any ideas ? Also looking for a fleet if anyone needs a new member
Stewie (to Lois): Look at him. He runs like a Welshman. Doesn't he run like a Welshman? Doesn't he? I think he runs like a Welshman. ...

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1451 on: February 20, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »
if you can put some specs into photon tops... they have a faster recharge and larger DPS

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #1452 on: February 21, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
Okay i went through this mission that was the most ILLOGICAL storyline i have EVER seen!! End of the "saturday" chain missions vs Romulans, you go to a world where admiral james leanord whats his face the kid born on the TOS episode where the mom name him after kirk and mccoy, anyways, the chief will side with klingons or feds but the way the SUDDENLY mention" oh by the way, theres a giant asteroid about to crush our world, whoever destroyes it we will side with ". OKAY--so your telling me both the Klingons and feds are WASTING time with 2 diplomats on a world ABOUT to be crushed by an asteroid ANY second?? THat makes how much sense? and HOW do they know WHO shot it apart?? magic??

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1453 on: February 21, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
uh easy if they know an asteroid is coming then they can easily monitor what is happening around it...

almost sounds like the Worm Hole ep in TNG

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #1454 on: February 21, 2010, 03:16:53 AM »
Made a New VID. I was Bored and drinking beer.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #1455 on: February 21, 2010, 08:27:07 AM »
Okay i went through this mission that was the most ILLOGICAL storyline i have EVER seen!! End of the "saturday" chain missions vs Romulans, you go to a world where admiral james leanord whats his face the kid born on the TOS episode where the mom name him after kirk and mccoy, anyways, the chief will side with klingons or feds but the way the SUDDENLY mention" oh by the way, theres a giant asteroid about to crush our world, whoever destroyes it we will side with ". OKAY--so your telling me both the Klingons and feds are WASTING time with 2 diplomats on a world ABOUT to be crushed by an asteroid ANY second?? THat makes how much sense? and HOW do they know WHO shot it apart?? magic??

Lenord James Akar is the name

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1456 on: February 21, 2010, 10:02:42 AM »

"The planet has a rare mineral that we REALLY need AND a sencient civilzation on it, but who cares; it's gonna be destroyed by an asteroid. We CAN stop it, but 'meh'." I doubt either Starfleet or the Klingons would think like that.

And IIRC, humans had telescopes around that stage of technical advance. (Also the Klingons retreat, so can't tell the people on the planet they destroyed it)
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #1457 on: February 21, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
LOL well the good news- i made commander! shiny black decal akira class kitbashed only with an osolo class nacelle- DAYSTAR-C . The bad news? LOL cryptic silenced me in any game chat for 24 hours. i was  involved in a Tribble talk thing..well anyways someone hit "report spam" apparently that auto silences folks for 24 hrs. Gah! i can't communicate even to teams! sucks  :'(

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #1458 on: February 21, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »
I hit captain!

Holy sh*t, I think I subconsciously coloured my Ships the Department Colour they are associated with. (Red: Tactical/Security Blue: Science/Medical Yellow/Orange: Engineer)

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #1459 on: February 21, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
ouch sorry to hear that Daystar though i congrate u for your promotion i just made Lt Commander 8 myself