Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 168822 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #1720 on: May 14, 2010, 08:26:59 PM »
where did you get that Generations alert klaxon from?

i forget i have folders i save for all my sounds,i think its one of the game sounds BC or armada,or anotjher
aaah i see...  reason i was curious is because it is alot more crisp and better sounding than any of the sort i have heard ever released for BC...

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #1721 on: May 16, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
unfortunately you can't access the bridge in the demo :( I loved the game otherwise though.

Yeah, that kinda bummed me out too.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #1722 on: May 17, 2010, 11:43:03 PM »
Jimmy i can send the audio file to an email if u want it. it was whatever game had that v'ger borg origin story name eludes me

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #1723 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:24 AM »
I'm kinda dissappointed with the new crafting system, basically they just took their existing system, and gave it a fancy GUI.  Although it certainly is easier.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #1724 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:55 AM »
I'm kinda dissappointed with the new crafting system, basically they just took their existing system, and gave it a fancy GUI.  Although it certainly is easier.

They also tweaked the costs of building the items, so it's not nearly as expensive as it used to be. Also there are new vendors at Memory Alpha where you can get most of the basic items.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1725 on: May 19, 2010, 02:03:42 PM »
To be honest, I'm a bit peeved at the lack of love for the Klingon Faction.
 As one of the original parts of the game you'd expect them to have everything the Federation side does...
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1726 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »
they will get a major update this june
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1727 on: May 19, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
I know, but it just doesn't make sense to me to have 2 factions on release, one being so under-developed compared to the other.

I hope we get ship customisation like the Feds do...

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1728 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »
you will... and I thought that was already an option for some of the ships since last big patch....
I know I heard about it... heh

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #1729 on: May 19, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »
We have 2 "K'Tinga" models, but it's either one or the other, same with the carrier and "Negh'Var" types, but I'm not sure about BoP's or Raptors.

I also hear rumours of Orion, Gorn and Nausican ships and clothing... GOOD, My Gorn can't warp up properly in those Klingon uniforms... Makes him lethargic.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1730 on: May 23, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
This comes from hailing frequency

For those of you who do not know, the "Season" downloads, add new and exciting features into Star Trek Online.  There has already been a Season 1 and Season 1.1 update, which added new features such as the Difficulty Slider, Injury System, Auto-Firing and more.

The Season 2 Update is looking to be one of the best updates to the game thus far, and will be adding some of the follow features:

Minigames ? Yes, there really is a Santa Claus. Or, at least, there really will be minigames in STO. As of update 1.3, you?ll be able to play Dabo at Quark?s. And we?ll be adding several more minigames throughout your ship and the galaxy in Season 2. There?s a great thread about minigames on the forums. Jump on board and chime in!
Federation Diplomatic Corps ? Federation players will be able to focus more on non-combat content and gain rank within the Diplomatic Corps. There are some very cool rewards in there, and some new diplomatic/exploration Episodes and missions. In fact, I played through a new ?First Contact? scenario yesterday ?

We see a lot of potential for future diplomatic updates.
Faction Free Episodes ? The majority of Episodic content we?re adding to STO will be faction-agnostic. Both Klingon and Federation captains will be able to play through this content (although, probably not together ? unless you really want to). The Breen Episodes and the high-end episodes in fluidic space will be available to Klingons.
Klingon Exclusive Episodes ? Because everyone loves Klingons, right? Season 2 has several Episodes just for Klingons. (The Fek?Lhri are scary, but I so want to fly one of their ships ?)
Bumping the Cap ? We?re moving the cap up 6 grades to Vice Admiral 1. There will be more rewards and more content for those of you up at the end of the game.
Ship Interiors ? I (Craig Zinkevich) have walked the curved hallways of my crew deck on the way to MY ten-forward!
Weekly Content ? We?re looking to start rolling out an Episode every week. Like a ?STO Tuesdays? sorta thing (it may even happen on Tuesdays, but no promises on that one). We?ll start rolling out weekly Episodes after Season 2 goes live.
Fleet Logos, High End Content, and Beyond ? all before the end of July.

If all of that isn't enough, Cryptic is also promising some other minor updates to the game, that will be released BEFORE the Season 2 Update - These minor updates include:

The Accolade System ? I know how much you guys have been wanting this, and I have to admit, I?m pretty stoked about it, too. Track your achievements. How much phaser damage have you dealt in your career? How many Federation officers have you shuffled off this mortal coil (assuming you?re playing a Klingon. No killing your allies, guys!)
The Squad System ? This will let you team up with other players who aren?t in your level, and lets your effectiveness match so you can play together.
Balance Adjustments ? We have those DPS/recharge/global-ability-cooldown adjustments that many of our high-end players have been requesting. Log into Tribble and check them out. Give us your feedback! We?re testing it out now, so this is when we need to hear from you the most. Also ? don?t forget to log into Tribble to ?play with the devs? early next week. We?ll be there, will you?
UI Improvements ? We?re working on a window that will show you when rewards happen during normal character advancement (powers, unlocks, bridge officer reqs, etc.)
Bug Fixes and Improvements ? We?re always working on fixes and improvements, because a game developer?s job is never done.

When Star Trek Online released, alot of people commented and felt that it lacked alot of things which were expected - and Cryptic always promised that they would update the game heavily in the months following launch with new features and content.

They DO seem to be living up to that promise, and at Hailing Frequency, we are fairly excited about some of the updates that are coming.

If you are one of those people who have been boycotting Star Trek Online, perhaps July or August will be a good time for you to check out the free Star Trek Online Demo - which allows you to play Star Trek Online for an unlimited amount of time, but only through the first couple of missions!

Offline Villain

• The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #1731 on: May 23, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »
Tried the CO-esque demo. I don't see how they think it's enough to get an idea of the game. Once you've done the mission, you can't go anywhere but Earth so you can't even mess with combat. I get that you have to limit some things, but damn, talk about poor form. Even CO let you stay in the tutorial area and whoop some goons.

...Anyway, I discovered the way to kind of enjoy it: Pretend you aren't playing a Trek game. Pick a nondescript scifi mashup and it's alright, despite the constantly reported severe lack of content. The Andorians are kind of neat, and the Romulan ridges made for some amusing designs, but what's with the outfits? I can't picture Picard wearing a motorcross jumpsuit, personally (Demo does let you mess with the GEN-era uniforms with some... Interesting results).

As for the report. Cryptic promised CoH/V weekly updates at a point. I wouldn't hold my breath, but here's hoping. I really, really want this game to turn into something awesome, because it wouldn't be too good of a thing if the first star trek game to get public acknowledgement succumbed to Activision/Blizzard and their iron grip on the casual market.

(Though seriously, the Sidekick System coming in so late seeing as they initially came up with it years ago is just... Weird.)

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #1732 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:47 AM »
STO has been getting weekly or close to weakly updates since launch.

the demo limits you to the sector earth is in... not just earth...

and I blame most of the faults of STO and coming out with less content to CBS itself pushing it out early.

Offline Villain

« Reply #1733 on: May 23, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
I can't visit andoria, 359, or any planets in "Sector Space", except for Earth.  :idk: Probably for the best. Would be a shame to do it in anything but a decent ship.  :funny

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #1734 on: May 23, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »
359 is just a cluttered graveyard..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Villain

« Reply #1735 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »
359 is just a cluttered graveyard..

I don't see your point.

---

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #1736 on: May 23, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
ST:O trial was a bad joke. Epic fail on their part but I could see how some people could get into it. I for one will wait for ST:E and keep on playing and modding BC until then.  :thumbsup:
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #1737 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
there's way more remains of ships than just 39.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #1738 on: May 23, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »
I'm going to hit RA5 when the full accolade system goes online, i tried it on Tribble and my character went up one whole level lol

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #1739 on: May 28, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
Gonna get the game in 4 weeks.
Got my new notebook now haha.
Descided to go for a better one.

Samsung R580.
I3 core.
GF 330m.