Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167663 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2260 on: November 16, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »
Woo! Old ESD

With a fully accessable interior, I sincerely hope!
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2261 on: November 16, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
With a fully accessable interior, I sincerely hope!

There would have to be if its replacing the current ESD

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2262 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
The new ESD is going to be blowed up?

I wonder how... Borg fleet invasion? Undine? Klingons? Romulans? Useless- "Oh crap I accidentally acivated the self-destruct"- Generic Ensign?

WHO KNOWS!?!
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2263 on: November 17, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
Anyone who is currently subscribed should have got an e-mail about the Design the New Enterprise contest

There doesn't appear to be any guidelines, or a page for it yet, but the prizes are laid out

Grand Prize: Custom, STO-painted Alienware M11x laptop; STO Collector's Edition; STO Lifetime Membership; and a 3-D model of the winning design.

Second Prize: Alienware laptop (no custom paint job), STO Collector's Edition and an STO Lifetime Membership.

Third Prize: STO Collector's Edition, STO Lifetime Membership and an Intel Core i7-875k processor.

Fourth Prize: STO Collector's Edition and an STO Lifetime Membership.

Twenty-one Honorable Mentions: Standard-edition copy of STO and a Star Trek Online poster.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2264 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
Come on DJ! If you didn't win I'd be shocked. Hopefully they'd make the ship avaliable to Vice-Admirals.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2265 on: November 17, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »
I think DJ should submit the Century just to see how popular it is as a contender? :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #2266 on: November 17, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
From my understanding, once it wins it becomes a Paramount/CBS and Cryptic property, that might not be something DJ would necessarily want. And would you really want to see the Century butchered like all of our favorite ships have already been? Because I'm sure they would want to slap stupid decals on it, as well as model variants of the class. Which would take away from the elegant design of the Century.
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2267 on: November 17, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »
I never said he'd win.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2268 on: November 17, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »
WHO KNOWS!?!

WHO CARES?!?! We're getting a far better station in my opinion, so...meh. :D
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2269 on: November 17, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »
The Luna Class is owned by CBS/Pocket Books, but Sean (the designer) is still allowed to do with it what ever he wants with it, just check out his deviant art page.

But, I don't think that DJ should submit something hes already designed IMO. Besides, its not up to us :P he may not want to enter it.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #2270 on: November 17, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
This is true, hell look at Rick Knox, his stuff is in Legacy, who know's maybe DJ would get picked up by Cryptic lol

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2271 on: November 17, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
ENT Era pack is out. Picture time

The last shot, those two grey beams coming out of me is a grappler, it is basically a weak tractor beam.

Edit:

I'm using the wrong devision colour ><

EDIT:
The Design your Own Enterprise Contest is US Only ><

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3164080#post3164080

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #2272 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »
Oh yeah because I want to fly around in a 22nd century ship that could not even stand up to a B'rel class bird of prey, let alone any of the other 24th-25th century starships.

It just doesn't make sense, A TMP Connie? Maybe. A TOS Connie? That's pushing it. But really? an NX class? and of course the ship is not canon strength, because if it were, it wouldn't last 5 minutes. I don't mean to put down the NX, but in this case, it's just not practical to pilot a ship that doesn't even have a fighting chance.

And sure it's a novelty item, but how many Starfleet captains do you know that command their ships out of novelty? But then again this is WoW Trek, where everyone pimps out their ships, clothing, and so on, because Starfleet is so obsessed with fighting the Klingons they don't care how they present themselves to the rest of the galaxy.

I'm sorry if this comes off as a rant, but sometimes you have to know when to say no. Next thing you know they will be releasing the Phoenix, and it will be as strong as a Nova Class Starship. 

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2273 on: November 17, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »
1. It's a video game, canon went out the door the moment it was an idea
2. It's a starter ship, useless after 10 levels

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #2274 on: November 17, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
I know that, I just don't see the purpose, that's all.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2275 on: November 17, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
Well people asked for it, and cryptic gave it.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2276 on: November 17, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »
I can't claim it on more than one toon for some reason, which sucks because I rolled a new one just for it.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2277 on: November 18, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
I found a in game explanation for the NX-Class (its from the C-Store description)

After Starfleet starships were converted to a modular design, a group from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers working at Utopia Planitia wondered if vessels from the Federation's past could be constructed in this manner. Working with Federation historian Geoffrey Pacelli, the SCE officers chose the famed NX Class for reconstruction. The NX Class Starship Replica sports the classic look of Earth's starships from the 22nd century, but has been updated with modern technology to meet current Starfleet specifications for Lieutenant-rank missions..
It carries a crew of 85, and in a nod to the technology of the 22nd Century the SCE has added a Grappler, which is less efficient than a tractor beam but can hold an enemy for a short time.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2278 on: November 19, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
I was able to claim the NX on more than one character, but that's probably because I bought the pack. *grin* (To be clear: If you buy the Enterprise pack, make sure - when you go to claim it with another character - that you click the actual ship, not the pack again.)

And I gave in to the crowd craze...I went and bought the pack. *grin*

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2279 on: November 19, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
Question; who would like to see TMP era ship and ground weapons? (I.e. Pulsating phaser beams, redder Photons and hand weapons seen throughout the first six films, cosmetic only) Maybe have them limited to Miranda, Constitution and Excelsior (And Oberth when/if it comes out)

Would just feel nice in my TWOK uniform, in an Excelsior pwning Klingons.  :P