Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167664 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2280 on: November 19, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »
And how about a customizable rank insignia for that TWOK uniform, eh? It's been stuck on captain since the beginning. WE DEMAND MORE RANKS.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2281 on: November 22, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
Foundry should be on tribble sometime this week

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3176914&postcount=12

Woo can't wait

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #2282 on: December 01, 2010, 01:33:46 AM »
You know for a fact you're good and thoroughly screwed when...

If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2283 on: December 01, 2010, 07:59:58 AM »
So that's how they are going to replace the new/old station
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2284 on: December 01, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »
Wait, is this going on NOW? Or is this intended for the patch?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #2285 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:30 AM »
This is a copy of a forums thread of a series of missions my fleet and i planned. It will tell fleet back story as well as recruit subliminally maybe lol.

Needs of the few, and the undine missions sound great, I am promoting the fleet i co-lead, through foundry also, it's "Imperium", it was always Terran Empire based, but i am fleshing our back story out more, it goes something like this-

Series arc "Imperium" Episode 1- "Those that fight CAN"-

Players are sent on a mission by Franklin drake of section 31 to hunt down the U.s.s. Daystar (my original ship name my main is George Kane aka GK(that is currently how my name reads),he claims the Daystar is a infiltrator from the Terran Empire, And that the "real" George Kane and his crew have recently returned from The Mirror universe after being trapped over there for a year, after be3ing lured by a false distress signal to arrange a trap/switch" of crew/ships. After the first skirmish battling the Daystar (celestial class retrofit cruiser),
The Daystar hails the players and informs them section 31 lies- it's the other way around-that the Crew who "returned" were from the Terran Empire because section 31 has been slowly arranging these "trap/switches" by sending select ships that have a mirror ready match to a spatial rift checkpoint, and slowly over a year bringing ship after ship to replace (giving the Terrans info and helping arranging convincing replacement)to fill in a Fleet comprised of Terran Imperial commanders who are working with section 31, because they are very good at fighting Klingons- we have been their allies for so long, that we are not as used to constantly fighting them as the Imperials are. (currently my crew and ship is U.S.S. Nephalim, Mirror GK and crew, terran empire ENT black uniforms.Just a name and bio/uniform switch)

By the end of episode 1 there is proof given by Kane- A holographic (will be seen in mission) series of meetings with Drake, Commanders in the Terran Empire, and other starfleet command flag officers who agree this is a necessary evil, as they must admit the Terrans have proven capable of overthrowing a Klingon occupation.

Players can choose whether to take the proof and report to either 1. Admiral Quinn 2. Admiral Chakotay (starfleet intelligence C.O. according to the path to 2409) or confront Drake. 2 choices are meant to lead to one mission follow up, 1 choice will lead to another. (but as someone said earlier by disclaiming in the descripts this mission is follow up to choice 1,2,3 of "this mission" etc.

Mission 2(not revealing based off which choice)-"Those that Can't DIE"-

Will the player be hunted down by the Imperium and section 31, painted by false evidence as enemies of the UFP, or will they help take down or turn in The Uss Daystar and her crew and help keep the conspiracy alive? one choice makes the difference...

Mission 3 "Those Who Live may die another day"-

What will happen if the existence of Imperium is revealed openly to starfleet? What was the origin of the "Imperial class" Assault cruiser? Did section 31 exchange technology blueprints as part of a deal?

Anyhow, you get the idea.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2286 on: December 02, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

So that's how they are going to replace the new/old station

I think its a photoshop :P

Also Josh, to answer your question, they will be destroying the new station midway between season 3 and season 4, and from what Dan wants, he wants it to be the Klingons.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #2287 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »
It's a Klingon fleet action, the destroy ESD stahl already discussed it. It also is repeatable.

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2288 on: December 02, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
You mean I can destroy that abomination they call a spacedock as much as I like? GOODY!

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2289 on: December 02, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »

I think its a photoshop :P

I can now state confidently that the image was created during the Foundry closed Beta. Not by me, but one of my fleet-mates.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2290 on: December 02, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »
I can now state confidently that the image was created during the Foundry closed Beta. Not by me, but one of my fleet-mates.

That was my second guess.

I made a mission in the foundry on tribble and published it (after the foundry was disabled technically, for some reason it didn't boot me out)

Search for "Objects in the mirrors" author will be Tuskin.

2 issues though.

1. I forgot to move my spawn point away from my testing position in the space map so you spawn right in range of the 3 enemy groups, so be prepared. I manages to do it only blowing up once. Tip:  Take out the Battleship first
2. If the beginning instructions are not clear enough, you have to go talk to an Admiral on DS9 (hes on the upper level of the promenade and will be circled) then go to the Travis System/Empok Nor

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2291 on: December 04, 2010, 03:07:04 AM »
Published 2 Missions on the Test server

Objects in the Mirror (4th Revision) Last Updated 4th of December, 2:54am EST
  • The Terran Empire has been harassing ships near the Trivas system, Admiral Marconi has asked you to investigate.

Dark Reflections: Last Updated, December 4th 2:55am EST
  • Starfleet Intelligence has located a secret Terran Empire base in the Obrom system, Investigate. Sequel to "Objects in the Mirror"

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #2292 on: December 04, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
Published test 5 of part one o0f long story based mission "Starcrossed" look under author chooch99 if interested i focused part 1 test on complex npc conversations, making one of your away team "have a personality" explaining in story why every SINGLE crewmember seen in in all good things uniforms(took a while but noone has different uniform)

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2293 on: December 05, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
I suggest you guys check out "The Worst of All worlds" very good mission.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2294 on: December 05, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
 I agree; very good mission. I've published mine, "Missing Ships", but it doesn't seem to be up yet...

If anyone tries it, be warned, it's a test in Non-Combat missioning. I've found that the Foundry only lets you use sector space once per mission...  :(

EDIT: Mission "Missing Ships" now up! Bear in mind it's just a test.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Tuskin38

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2296 on: December 07, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »
Both design are equally scary.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2297 on: December 07, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
Both design are equally scary.
ya they are!  eeks!  lol

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #2298 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:22 AM »
Looks like a Ferengi Marauder crashed into a fed design...  :facepalm:

Honestly, I think that's possibly pushing artistic license too far, but that's just me.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2299 on: December 09, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »