Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167666 times)

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2320 on: January 14, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »
AGT..? Speak English, not TLA's..  :bitch:
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2321 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
"All Good Things" (TNG Finale episode).
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #2322 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »
Ah, that..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2323 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
Good episode.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #2324 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:11 AM »
AGT, if my memory serves, was nearly twenty years earlier (2391).

Uniforms seem to be a matter of preference, considering you have people in 2409 running around in uniforms from as far back as the 2150s, lol. Yeah, I know, game mechanics (or in this case, Cryptic making money, heh), but still.

I'm still waiting for other admiral's uniforms, dammit. One is not enough. (Well, two, if you count the TMP one, which is what it was intended to be.)
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2325 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:04 AM »
AGT, if my memory serves, was nearly twenty years earlier (2391).

This may be true. But in DS9's "The Visitor", which takes place 50 years into the future (2422), they are wearing the SAME uniform style as in "All Good Things". Which suggests to me atleast, that they used the same uniform style between the time period of AGT (supposedly 2391) and Visitor (2422). What falls into the middle of that period? Oh right, STO's 2409.

Now granted, in "The Visitor", Jake Sisko ends up changing the fate of his father, by preventing his "death" back in 2372. But I doubt Jake had any effect on Starfleets decision to use the "AGT" styled uniforms around the 2390s-2420s.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #2326 on: January 15, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
They used the AGT uniforms because of budget reasons, of course.  And I think the general fan consensus is that most people don't like them, so I for one like the STO uniforms, especially this one, which I think is a good evolution of FC uniforms:

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #2327 on: January 15, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
Must say prefer those to the AGT uniforms which not huge fan of.  Always felt a bit 'casualwear'.   Here's my shameless self-promotion of personal STO variant for BC:

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2328 on: January 15, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
My fleet uses this

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2329 on: January 15, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
heh...i'd rather have the bridge deco if it's out.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #2330 on: January 16, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
In my first Foundry mission i offered an explanation for use of AGT unis. You walk up to a caitian officer, the entire crew of U.S.S. Pandoraa the npc crew ship[ of my first 3 mission story arc "STarcrossed", and they are wearing the uniforms. You say "interesting uniforms" and the Catian (Lt. M'Yeow) Says paraphrased " Uss Voyager had recordings of an alternate timeline Admiral Janeway wearing these. They should have supposedly been standard uniforms over 10 years ago by our standards, so since we are a test ship we decided to try them out". Also in my current mission "When the War Began" that i'm half done making, The npc's wear a varient AGT that is all black with red trim, and they look decent.  AGT would not be the "current" standard uniform, because the uniforms with the exception of the wrath of khan type jackets, which have the longest service history (from Krik movie era all the way up to Picard's stargazer era just prior to the spandex), all TNG+ uniforms lasted at most maybe 7 years max before being swapped out. If this was a tv series, the AGT uni's would have been replaced long ago. What Data wore in "countdown" which was the b-2 STO uniform, is IMO what has been the "canon" Uniform for 2390's-2409 era.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2331 on: January 16, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »
And I think the general fan consensus is that most people don't like them, so I for one like the STO uniforms, especially this one, which I think is a good evolution of FC uniforms:

Well not STO fans on the forums apparently, since it was the second highest voted on the official forums. Most people wanted it because we got the Combadge as the 100 day Vet reward.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #2332 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
I looked at its pics in the c-store and must say I like them in the sto version better than in the actual series.  Might be because the people wearing them aren't old. ;)

Can one of you guys that have them tell me what the color choice boxes control?  I think I would go with colored belt and shoulders, gray trim, and black everywhere else.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2333 on: January 17, 2011, 01:11:58 AM »
Can one of you guys that have them tell me what the color choice boxes control?  I think I would go with colored belt and shoulders, gray trim, and black everywhere else.

you can do what you say.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2334 on: January 17, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
And JoshMaul if you think about it, the pants that ride all the way to the chest....were the pants they used with the TNG Voyager and some DS9 uniforms.  You just never noticed them because they wore their jackets with them.  (I should know I own the pattern for those very same unitrousers)

Tax time I will be playing STO :) Mainly because damnit they're 9.99 at target at the moment! LOL All these uniforms are looking pretty sweet, and Daystar, I kinda like your explanation.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2335 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3296000&postcount=1

Now i'm really excited for the first 3 months of the year.

Seems like we're getting some sort of Shuttle Launching ability, since we need a shuttle for the first mission of the new Featured series. We're given one when the mission starts.

I'll just leave these here....

They also "remastered" the very first post-Tutorial mission "Stranded in Space" on tribble, I suggest anyone with tribble try it out.

Edit:

They moved the Galaxy closer 0-o

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2336 on: January 22, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
Now that's more like it. You know if the actual starbase is enterable with your ship? Otherwise it seems a waste to me...
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2337 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
Now that's more like it. You know if the actual starbase is enterable with your ship? Otherwise it seems a waste to me...

No, you can't, Maybe once they update the exterior, but I doubt it, you know how crowded it would get? Its just cosmetic.

And how is it a waste, its a nice view. Everyone seems to like it.

I think tribble maybe getting the exterior update soon since all the interior changes point to it (the inner docking area there), on the 'promenade' the ring around the station out side the windows has been removed.

Admirals Quinn's office has a hologram of the Old Starbase

they didn't just move that Galaxy Class, they just made the model bigger. Looking at the minimap showed it was like 10 times bigger. Which makes sense.

Also, Cryptic goof'd again, the new Klingon shuttle on tribble Transwarps to ESD. You can't beam down to ESD, but you can go to any other starbase, beam down and change ships. Also apparently all the civilians on DS9 pack phasers.

Edit:
Look what I figured out you could do :P

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #2338 on: January 22, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
And how is it a waste, its a nice view. Everyone seems to like it.

Because that was the reason people wanted it. Not the interior, the docking bay. (Though I admit looking out at the docking bay is pretty kickass. Too bad you can't look out at your own ship there or something like that.)

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2339 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »
The new update on Tribble is awesome. No exterior change yet (maybe they're saving it for next week's one year anniversary). But in the interior you can see the bottom of the "mushroom" on the ST3/TNG Starbase.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/Tuskin38/STO/screenshot_2011-01-26-21-24-07.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/Tuskin38/STO/screenshot_2011-01-26-21-28-54.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w306/Tuskin38/STO/screenshot_2011-01-26-21-30-13.jpg