Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 169159 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2380 on: March 10, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »
If anyone has played the final episode of the "Cloaked Intentions" series; tell me what you think!

I wish the orbital strike skill was the same as what you call in during the mission! But overall, I'd say the last 2 episodes were the best missions in the whole of STO.

My KDF Lieutenant General is an engineer, and I totally wished I could instantly vaporize people like that with my OS. *chuckles*

I did like this series...though the limited-time reward was kind of predictable, lol. The last mission, I think, was the best...that Romulan cityscape was absolutely GORGEOUS.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #2381 on: March 11, 2011, 08:44:28 AM »
Oh right! Mine is Prax@USS_Prime  :thumbsup:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2382 on: March 19, 2011, 03:23:18 PM »
Anyone who has a character on tribble, check out the UGC/Foundry mission "Rise of Darkness" by "jake81nx"  (if you can't find it by searching the mission name, search by author name)

it is the best foundry mission I ever played, it had story, charaters, locations that I didn't think were possible to make with the tools.

Here are two screenshots of what I mean

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540637121928360300/1E21E20B0AB21509398BB9FA98A4257663A6A2BB/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540637121928358938/04BCABCCBC0B1316F97F5F89BFAE8DDBB660D3C5/

Look at the minimap. He made that on a Planet ground map. That looks amazing.

Just play it. You'll be blown away.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2383 on: March 19, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »
have you heard that cryptic are planning the shuttle and auxillery craft interiors? i wonder how they will look, and we may be able to use theyre designs to create properly scaled ones for BC, that'd be good for ones like the captains yacht...

Offline Villain

« Reply #2384 on: March 19, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »
Lurok did a bunch of shuttle interiors, and there's the Type-11 that has been out for a long while, too. The STO interiors are largely exaggerated and not really accurate to any kind of canon.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2385 on: March 19, 2011, 11:43:34 PM »
The scale is because of how the Camera works it breaks or something when interiors are too small, plus ground combat wouldn't be fun in scaled interiors, you wouldn't be able to see your buddies well to heal/buff them. But the shuttle interior (looks more like a runabout) is smaller then other Interiors.. you could say the runabout interior is to scale as runabout would be compared to the other STO interiors.

http://a.yfrog.com/img620/2088/wmgbc.jpg

Thats the shuttle/runabout interior. Its going to be the basic small craft interior and is going to be free.

Plus the TOS Bridge/interior coming out next week is smaller then other interiors.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2386 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:06 AM »
 :facepalm: what i meant was, for something like the captains yacht, which they are attempting, because w never had a bridge from that, we could use their base design, but scale it correctally for bc, so we have bc useble bridges through the base designs of STO, because, i dont think were good enough to go from http://ditl.org/internals/GMiscSovereignYacht1.jpg or http://ditl.org/internals/GCargoSovyacht1.jpg even though thats what cryptic are using they probably have access to the CBS Paramount schematics.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2387 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:48 PM »
actually, IIRC, the yacht sets are redresses of the runabout

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #2388 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
If you guys wanna play my Foundry mission, it's called: For Every Action, by me, DJCurtis.

So far the people who've played it have really enjoyed it.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2389 on: March 21, 2011, 02:03:53 AM »
If you guys wanna play my Foundry mission, it's called: For Every Action, by me, DJCurtis.

So far the people who've played it have really enjoyed it.

Just finished playing through it (and reviewed it), but i'll try and give a bit longer review here:

I found the mission to be quite enjoyable, and very well detailed both in dialog and maps. Some nice tie-ins to past events (such as the reference to an old Federation Captain). A few minor spelling errors, but nothing serious. Definitely felt like the beginning of a 2-part episode arc, and the final confrontation with the "enemy" felt a bit too easy. Granted, I played a Vice Admiral character, but still =P

One minor suggestion (if possible), is that when/if you recreate the mission on the Live server, is to try and merge 2 or more maps into one, if they are of the same type. I recall on atleast one occasion, where I was already in a space map, and I was suppose to warp to another space area (which required a loading screen). I know that certain Cryptic missions allow players to warp from point A to point B without the need for loading screen, so it would be nice if something similar can be achieved on player maps.

Also, for your first objective (reaching the Vhoran system to begin mission), might be better to actually state that as an objective, since you don't see that text anywhere after first accepting the mission. Was largely due to having read the mission text the first time, that I found my way to the mission start :)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2390 on: March 21, 2011, 05:46:57 AM »
anyone know when the foundry will be available on the main Holodeck server?, cuz playing on tribble is causing me problems...

Offline Villain

« Reply #2391 on: March 21, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
There are many games where zooming the camera right out is necessary, in cases like that often times the ceiling disappears for the player as to not obstruct view. Really, I don't get why they didn't go with that method.  :idk: There's also the team roster for selecting your immediate allies for whatever reason.

Really, just expressing that for me it's a bit of a let down when there are other methods for an accessible view.

Anyway, got the Reman officer the other day, still unsure if I want to sell it. Of course, I could always just donate it to someone from the community, right?

---

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2392 on: March 21, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
Wait for a while until they stop giving the Reman officer out, then sell for even more!
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2393 on: March 21, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
I know that certain Cryptic missions allow players to warp from point A to point B without the need for loading screen, so it would be nice if something similar can be achieved on player maps.

As of now you cannot do was you suggest here in the foundry, hopefully at some point in the future you can.

About to try your mission DJ

There are many games where zooming the camera right out is necessary, in cases like that often times the ceiling disappears for the player as to not obstruct view. Really, I don't get why they didn't go with that method.  :idk: There's also the team roster for selecting your immediate allies for whatever reason.

I believe the devs had said the Camera is a engine limitation, they can't really change it without going right into the engine code.

Offline Villain

« Reply #2394 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
Eh what I mean is if someone from BC wants it, they're welcome to it free. Otherwise I'll just rip some rube off.

---

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2395 on: March 21, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
So I just finished the mission DJ, good stuff. I liked it a lot, but I don't understand the story,

why we were helping the the enemy get back to their people, we are at war with them.

Fun Fact: 'beaming' to my ship while flying my ship made sense for me because I was in MVAM, my cargo bay was in another section lol.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2396 on: March 22, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
I just finished it myself. The story itself was good, but the objectives needed a little work, there were a couple I had trouble finding, and a couple buttons that still said the default "interact", which could have used a more descriptive label.  One minor nitpick in the beginning was, when you are supposed to move to firing position on the cube, I blew right past the navpoint marker because I was aiming at the cube itself.  Instead of the navpoint, I would have set the objective as the cube itself, with a large radius, so that the player is free to take whatever position they want, but it still triggers the dialogue when you get within firing range of it.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #2397 on: March 25, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
Prepare for Classic

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tuskin/screenshots?tab=public&showdate=1&filter=app_9900

TOS Pack is awesome.. To many images to link individually, they're all in that link. There is also a TOS shuttle, i'll take pictures later.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2398 on: March 25, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
okay, now I'M interested...they actually went for a TOS design set...too bad I've only got DSL

is it me, does everything look too big?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #2399 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
it is big, just to make online play more comfortable.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek