Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167630 times)

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #2620 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »
Patch is live, logging in now. :yay:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2621 on: January 06, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
Patching now, will probably play tomorrow.  Wish I had the credits for the Exeter and the Sao Paulo.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #2622 on: January 06, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
So i played it after a long year..Skins are changed a bit, some new kind of system where you can put people on duty to do away missions (don't see the point really in it). And you can't buy a ship now, you need to process dilithium...

When i stopped playing online, i stopped because the missions were done for me, there wasn't anything else to do, than replay the missions (i stopped with the vault mission). I started yesterday and i needed to do three missions and that's it. I mean wtf? The last mission that was added was from march 2011!! Almost every new ship that they have added is in the c-store for a huge amount of money, i mean come on! THese guys are just ruining the game! Its already come to f2p, they better make these ships free, or else no one is gonna play the f2p too! Oberth, excelsior refit, almost every refit vessel or ship that has been added, you need to pay for! Foundry missions-> can't play it! (as a silver play, i should! but no!) So after a year, the thing is this, i just need to replay all the missions again.. That's STO! We bring out content that you could pay for and no missions!

Really, this is a big joke. They better put all the ships on free and just make lots of missions (quality wise) and put perhaps some characters or weapons or dunno what in the c-store. If you read the sto forum, not a lot of people are really happy, a lot old players are already gone actually. Too bad they fucked the game up by all of this :(

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2623 on: January 06, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
To be honest...I don't see how people have finished all the missions yet.  Maybe it's because they have a lot more time to sink into the game than I do.

Also, am I the only one who went in this game with the intention of treating like a ROLE PLAYING GAME?

Anyways finally got back into STO.  I was a little annoyed that I had to reallocate ALL MY !@*&ING SKILL POINTS!  Then I realized that I apparently dropped STO in the midst of a mission(something about Borg and putting a virus in a vinculum or something).  Was trying to get through it so I could then get out of it and take care of other business.  Then the server dropped for maintenance. :banghead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #2624 on: January 06, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
I agree there needs to be more missions. If you read earlier in the thread, Joshmaul was complaining that the game releases fluff and not content.
Featured episodes will start in February, but that totals to FIVE missions. I want more then that.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #2625 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »
Lol five, that's like a day of gaming if not less. There should be a release of 10 missions every week if not more, people should not stop an mmo because there are no missions anymore.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2626 on: January 06, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »
I dunno about you guys but I'm addicted to the duty officer system.

Heck, I've gone up three levels just doing Duty officer missions.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #2627 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »
I like the Duty Officer system.  Feels like something a captain would be able to do.  As for missions, I'm at commander and I don't feel a lack of content.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #2628 on: January 06, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
Commander? How long are you playing? Remember i started playing the first moment it came out. After i finished the missions, i quit.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #2629 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
Oh, well I didn't have a whole lot of time to play back in the day.  One reason my parents never renewed my subscription.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #2630 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
Yeah, i think i renewed it four times and that was it, the last time i renewed it, it was more like "hell, for the last time and then i'm done with this overrated stuff"..

And after that last time, there was nothing to play anymore.. Now its free and there is still nothing extra to play  :funny

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #2631 on: January 06, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
Now its free and there is still nothing extra to play  :funny
Yeah, cryptic sure fucked up on that game content wise.

To quote a good ol' cap'n: "Not good enough, Dammit! Not good enough!" - Picard

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2632 on: January 06, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »
...some new kind of system where you can put people on duty to do away missions (don't see the point really in it). And you can't buy a ship now, you need to process dilithium...

You do the Duty officer system (and exploration missions, and some normal missions) for Dilithium; or you could be a subscriber and get a ship for free.

The last mission that was added was from march 2011!!

Do you actually realise how SMALL the STO team is? From what I recall, under 100 people; which is TINY in development and testing terms. They've also been on hold with almost ALL production since Perfect World announced the purchase, for legal reasons. CBS also needs to approve EVERYTHING that goes into the game, missions, ships, weapons etc.

Almost every new ship that they have added is in the c-store for a huge amount of money, i mean come on! THese guys are just ruining the game! Its already come to f2p, they better make these ships free, or else no one is gonna play the f2p too!

It's a F2P game, how else do you thnk they're going to make as much money as before? Anyway, aside from the consoles (which add a very small amount of boost) the C-Store ships are equal to the standard ones. I play better in my Sovereign class than my Saucer Sep Galaxy class.

Foundry missions-> can't play it! (as a silver play, i should! but no!)

Silver players SHOULD be able to play Foundry missions, it says so in the F2P Features Matrix, ever thought it may be a bug?

They better put all the ships on free and just make lots of missions (quality wise) and put perhaps some characters or weapons or dunno what in the c-store.

Ok, as said before, they need to make money SOMEHOW, and one of the main reasons they need to is the massive server and network upgrades they've been doing behind the scenes. You may remember the serious lag issues that occurred when you were playing before, imagine over twice the number of people trying to play because they don't HAVE to pay?

If you read the sto forum, not a lot of people are really happy, a lot old players are already gone actually. Too bad they fucked the game up by all of this :(

Okay, no matter what a game does, people leave in droves when a big update occurs, look at TF2 with the hats, look at EVE with the NEX store/Incarna debacle.

The 'refining limit' for Dilithium makes people rage, why? I've never even come CLOSE to the daily limit of 8,000. (And it remembers how much you've refined over the previous week, and measures up if you havent logged in). EDIT: Apparently that's Gold players only, my bad. Also, Dilithium can be exchanged for C-Store points and vice-versa, so if you play STO enough to love it, you can get C-Store points for ZERO real money.

Lol five, that's like a day of gaming if not less. There should be a release of 10 missions every week if not more, people should not stop an mmo because there are no missions anymore.

Okay, so where do you think they're going to get TEN decent missions a week from? As I said, don't forget everything needs to be approved by CBS before ANYTHING goes ahead.

The Featured Episode series are supposed to be akin to an actual TV miniseries, do you know ANY TV show that makes more than two episodes per week?
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2633 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »
actually I've heard that they have less then twenty people on their team.

And Sov001, how do you expect them to make any money off the game if they make all the ships free?  This is how ALL serious F2P MMOs work, they aren't making any money off your sub, so they've got to charge you for something.  And there's been a hell of a lot more than three missions added since last year.  What do you call all of the new events? or the Borg invasions?  If you don't want to play any more that is fine, but please don't troll us.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2634 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
I think the main thing here is the "Free to PLay" moniker; which, as many people know, does NOT mean "EVERYTHING is free". This has led to serious F2P MMOs being unofficially branded "Freemium", which is essentially what STO, World of Tanks, Champions Online, OGame etc are.

Nothing in life is truly free, and if anyone tells you otherwise, then they're DEFINITELY after your time/money!

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2635 on: January 07, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »
Either way, it still seems to me that I'm the only one that wanted to treat STO like a roleplaying game.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #2636 on: January 07, 2012, 06:40:25 AM »
Edit: I'm done here.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #2637 on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
Keep in mind that the Ninth Fleet is still around, guys, and we'd love to take on new players/returning players to the game.

www.9thfleet.com

Offline FarShot

« Reply #2638 on: January 11, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
I second that.  Been playing lots now!  Finally got my Commander up to Rear Admiral Upper Half in about a week. :D

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2639 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
I still think the increase in levelling speed was a bad idea; I managed to get a new character to Vice Admiral before I even finished the Romulan Front.